PDA

View Full Version : Great Night at the Races for All!!!

TorchedMach1
03-15-08, 01:50 AM
Well Shane, Andy, Bill, and I headed out to the track tonight and met up with Ken.

We all posted a new best, I'll keep you in suspense and let them break the good numbers to ya! http://www.stangology.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/naughty.gif

As for me I ran an 11.15 @ 119 mph with a 1.450 60'. Huge thanks to Bill and Shane for helping me get the suspension dialed in, I couldn't have done it without them. http://www.stangology.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/worship.gif I ran three passes, and 2 of the 3 I cut a 1.45 and a 1.46 60'. The other I got out of the groove and cut a 1.51 60'.

Yet again huge thanks to both Bill and Shane for all their help!!!! http://www.stangology.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif

IMSHAKN
03-15-08, 01:52 AM
Please tell me you got some video? Would have loved to have seen it. Can you smell those 10s on a 100 shot?

TorchedMach1
03-15-08, 01:54 AM
My girlfried got a video of it on her digital camera, not sure how it's gonna come out. If it comes out decent I will post it up along with my time slip tomorrow. I believe there was also a video taken of my first shakedown pass. I ran an 11.8 @ 90 mph:biglaugh:

IMSHAKN
03-15-08, 01:56 AM
Yes...with you on the brakes by the 1000?:laughing:

BurnTire
03-15-08, 01:58 AM
As for me I ran an 11.15 @ 119 mph with a 1.450 60'.

Nice Run

Did you get daboot or do you have dacage?

TorchedMach1
03-15-08, 02:15 AM
Yes...with you on the brakes by the 1000?:laughing:

Ya I had 2 runs like that. The second run a beat a Camaro by 3 tenths and he got me by about 30 mph. :biglaugh:

Nice Run

Did you get daboot or do you have dacage?

I got Das Boot and they weren't very happy with me!:sticktonge:

IMSHAKN
03-15-08, 02:19 AM
I got Das Boot and they weren't very happy with me!:sticktonge:

I can't imagine why. I'm sure they loved your fancy foot braking as well. How long do you think they'll let you get away with things before they won't let you run without a cage?

TorchedMach1
03-15-08, 02:22 AM
Hopefully just long enough for me to go 10's:biglaugh:

Yeah the announcer mentioned both times about me breaking cause I didn't wanna get booted.

IMSHAKN
03-15-08, 02:25 AM
:
Hopefully just long enough for me to go 10's:biglaugh:

Yeah the announcer mentioned both times about me breaking cause I didn't wanna get booted.

Isn't there a fuse you could pull for when you hit up the track so that they cannot see when you brake, but will still allow you to have your lights on so you are visible?

Just a friendly FYI, you have a signature to update :twothumbsup:

TorchedMach1
03-15-08, 02:29 AM
Yeah there is a fuse, but it won't matter at Firebird, anything under an 11.5 and your done.

Thanks I Fixed my Sig!

IMSHAKN
03-15-08, 02:30 AM
Yeah there is a fuse, but it won't matter at Firebird, anything under an 11.5 and your done.

Thanks I Fixed my Sig!

Yes, but the guys in the tower won't catch anything until you decide you are ready to get booted. Then again, I enjoy listening to them lecture about how unsafe the braking to avoid the boot is. :laughing:

fourvalvegt
03-15-08, 04:08 AM
ok i made two passes with the new setup and learned that i definitely need to go to a different gear with the hp level that i am at
my second pass was a 12.58 at 105 letting off just before the 1000 ft because 4.30s arent worth it anymore and i may be going down to a 3.90 pretty soon. and a big thanks to jay for letting me borrow the et streets they really helped the car hook

Indy
03-15-08, 11:07 AM
CONGRATS on the new best Jay, your diving the H E L L outta that Mach!!!!!:highfive: I'm happy to help in anyway I can.:pinkthumb:

The tower wasn't complaining about him braking this time out. They were actually having a little fun with it. I remember hearing them say " Watch this mustang it leaves the line real hard, BUT gets out of it around the 1/8 LOL."

Glad to see ya finally back at the track last night Andy. Now get those gears changed so we can see what your stang can do.

And CONGRATS to Ken also!!!!:laughing1:

WildBill
03-15-08, 08:08 PM
I was happy to do my part Jay!
Between me up close to the line and Shane taking in the big picture, we had ya covered pretty well!

It's great to work with someone that follows directions with exacting precision, Jay!:woot1:

It was a REAL pleasure to work with someone such as Shane!!!:yes::twothumbsup:

wickedcobra
03-15-08, 08:25 PM
Now Ole Wild Bill needs to get Louis back together so we can see her in action!

WildBill
03-15-08, 09:47 PM
Now Ole Wild Bill needs to get Louis back together so we can see her in action!

That car will take quite a few trips to the strip to get final tuned and fully dialed in.
I'm looking forward to it, but it's sure not gonna be easy to do.

Indy
03-15-08, 11:30 PM
That car will take quite a few trips to the strip to get final tuned and fully dialed in.
I'm looking forward to it, but it's sure not gonna be easy to do.

Oh come on M1M, it should only take three passes to get her dialed.................:biglaugh:

wickedcobra
03-16-08, 02:19 AM
No excuses, I wanna see that son of bissch go down the track. No matter what she runs. I will be there, so lemme know

IMSHAKN
03-16-08, 02:25 AM
No excuses, I wanna see that son of bissch go down the track. No matter what she runs. I will be there, so lemme know

First Louise needs to actually run...something she has not done in well over a year. :laughing:

WildBill
03-16-08, 02:41 AM
Oh come on M1M, it should only take three passes to get her dialed.................:biglaugh:
We're not talking about DAN'S car!:laughing::laughing:

I'm sure you'll know!:laughing1:

First Louise needs to actually run...something she has not done in well over a year. :laughing:
Shaddup and go to bed!:laughing:

Ruckus46gt
03-16-08, 03:08 PM
congrats thats a nice n/a mph