PDA

View Full Version : Club Photo?

Blown66
03-18-08, 12:31 AM
Okay...I think it is time to have a group picture...what do you think? Start thinking of where...in my opinion I think at this point 91st Ave and Northern, our cruise spot would be the best place unless we can get a park somewhere.

When?

I dunno...March 29th? Meet there are 3pm and cruise to Safeway at 3:30? Unless Alan's camera can give us a good shot at night and we could do it after our next meeting?

Thoughts?
http://bp2.blogger.com/_CEhpvc4J8ZA/R99h9QG4DiI/AAAAAAAAAbA/DP6U0E3cCYQ/s200/WildWestMustangs2back.jpg
:twothumbsup:

Rev'n Kevin
03-18-08, 12:56 AM
Problem is getting everyone together, somebody's going to have to work and miss it, since most of us are on this side of town, I guess just try to figure a day and time when the majority can be there. Perhaps a sunday afternoon might work better, maybe even a picnic in the park, everybody bring a plate of something, just an idea.

4Jenna
03-18-08, 01:11 AM
Do it at the JENNABEARS Car Show on March 29th!

I have a photographer thats looking for a club photo to use on display the day of my show, and will donate this blown up/framed pic to the club.

FalconGTHO
03-18-08, 01:22 AM
Cool, thanks Chris.

Heres what I PMed Kenny:

"...Definitely gotta be a daylight shot. So a Sonic night would have to be the way.

But, Im guessing you want the cars in the pic and really thats going to have to be in a parking lot, the cruise spot or whatever. Well need to be in rows behind each other say 5 to 8 wide. Ill need to bring my step ladder so I can get elevation to capture the cars in the following rows. Each member "posing" with their car.

Also, a "people group shot" closer up in front of or without the cars would be good.

To actually get this well need a third party to actually snap the pics, lest I be missing from them.

Just as with needing/wanting to know how to code, I wish I already had all my kick azz photog and vid gear I want. For the club shots Ill borrow my bros Nikon dSLR. Its lower resolution than my point and shoot, but of course the pic quality is unsurpassed."

Rev'n Kevin
03-18-08, 01:25 AM
And how, pray tell, will you get a step ladder into your mustang :biglaugh:

FalconGTHO
03-18-08, 01:27 AM
Seats fold, it may have to stick out but I dont think so. Im pretty good at creative packaging.

crazy ray
03-18-08, 06:06 AM
If you need something that is adjustable ladder, I have a little giant ladder that adjust to any hight.

AZSonicSnake
03-18-08, 09:09 AM
parking garage FTW!! but i know thats a drive for you guys...lol...

Blown66
03-18-08, 09:24 AM
FTW? I like the garage idea if there is a nice back drop for sure...

As for the Jenna show...GREAT offer...I am a little concerned that a few of our members don't have money to be showing in car shows, so they may feel left out. But we would for sure do it with those there...you are saying he would do it there?

KEV dude come on...don't ask him if it would fit in his mustang...top down...ANYTHING will fit in yours! :)

AZSonicSnake
03-18-08, 09:27 AM
FTW= For The Win. sorry for my internet slang.

i hear ya on the cost, free is always better...

4Jenna
03-18-08, 09:36 AM
No we would need to do it before the show...like VERY soon!

If someone cant afford the entry fee let me know and I'll pay their way. If you guys are having a meet this week I can bring the funds for all these people and I'll bring registration forms.

Chris

Rev'n Kevin
03-18-08, 12:48 PM
KEV dude come on...don't ask him if it would fit in his mustang...top down...ANYTHING will fit in yours! :)

Don't you mean, top down and doors up, but then again who needs a ladder when you can do a wheel stand.:biglaugh:

hpmotzd
03-18-08, 12:57 PM
FTW= For The Win. sorry for my internet slang.

i hear ya on the cost, free is always better...

For The Win?? I must really be getting old, i always thought it stood for something else. :biglaugh:

Chris, Thank you for the great offer!!

Blown66
03-18-08, 01:35 PM
Ahhh...HP...no...you are dyslexic. BTW I saw a car that had WTF 78 (or something like that)...she got it before computer slang became popular.

BTW HP what are the hours of the Jenna show?

BTW2... the offer was awesome, but this seemed a bit backhanded. I apologize in advance if that is not the case. "Also if someone doesnt have 25$ for a carshow for a childrens charity"

hpmotzd
03-18-08, 01:56 PM
I caught that too, but just chose to give the benefit of the doubt and think I was the only one to take it that way.

The hours are 9-4, but I was thinking I would just leave a bit early to make the safeway cruise.

and wasnt FTW what bikers used to have tattooed on their knuckles?? :laughing:

4Jenna
03-18-08, 02:38 PM
Sorry I came off that way (not the intent by any means), post was edit'd.

I just want to help your guys out, and at the same time have a good turnout.

hpmotzd
03-18-08, 03:00 PM
Sorry I came off that way (not the intent by any means), post was edit'd.

I just want to help your guys out, and at the same time have a good turnout.

Thanks Chris. If we didnt give you s**t , who would? lol

Stangme
03-18-08, 03:44 PM
Club Photo idea

The park next to the Surprise Stadium has a lot of parking and a decent backdrop as would the larged grass area they use for parking during stadium events- the stadium as the back drop.

Also an idea, not sure how City of Surprise would look at it but again the park near the stadium and all its parking would be great for either meets or a new Saturday meeting place for all as Safe Way and the Pavilion... plenty of parking, bathrooms, the lake, vendors, play grounds for kids and mom if she does not want to hang out around the car. Don't think if all showed and enjoy it all, City of Surprise would say much, then add all the people at the park could come drool over all the muscle in the lot?

Blown66
03-18-08, 05:26 PM
If the intent wasn't there (I believe you)...Cool.

I am very protective of my girl (club member) who is 24 yrs old and turns the wrenches herself. :) She can't afford a club shirt (yes she has one), so I remember those days, and will watch out for her and the like when issues like this come up. $25 may not be a big deal to a lot of us...but it is to a lot of us.

STANGME...I'll swing by and take a look...is this the "park" on bell with the little lake? Or is it actually right next to the stadium?.

As for meeting before Safeway. I'll leave that up to you and those in your area. Problem we would run into would be getting to Safeway together (with all the lights). Meeting at QT allows us to go as a group with out losing anyone since we are only a couple miles away...well...unless John leads.

Stangme
03-18-08, 05:38 PM
The Suprise Park I was talking about that would be good for club gathering/showing of the rides, club functions, or to become like a Safe Way or Pavillons for all rides is the park with the lake right next to the Surprise Pool and Library ( East of the Stadium). Think this would be a good area to take club photos too, has some decent back drop/ground for photos. For a good club photo as well would be in the large grass area where they park for stadium events, this area would be inbetween the stadium and Bell Rd. or would could take a ride out to Sedona and have the Red Rock and desert as a back drop... "Wild West Mustangs" how fitting lol

Blown66
03-18-08, 06:53 PM
SM "or would could take a ride out to Sedona and have the Red Rock and desert as a back drop... "Wild West Mustangs" how fitting lol"

Dude...how much do you hate me? lol Have you not seen my back tires or my 4:11's ?

I'll check out Surprise by the end of the week...thanks!

crazy ray
03-19-08, 03:37 AM
Ya, you would need a gas truck following you, to fill you up every 20 miles or so. plus a second morage to pay for it.

4Jenna
03-19-08, 04:32 AM
If the intent wasn't there (I believe you)...Cool.

I am very protective of my girl (club member) who is 24 yrs old and turns the wrenches herself. :) She can't afford a club shirt (yes she has one), so I remember those days, and will watch out for her and the like when issues like this come up. $25 may not be a big deal to a lot of us...but it is to a lot of us.

STANGME...I'll swing by and take a look...is this the "park" on bell with the little lake? Or is it actually right next to the stadium?.

As for meeting before Safeway. I'll leave that up to you and those in your area. Problem we would run into would be getting to Safeway together (with all the lights). Meeting at QT allows us to go as a group with out losing anyone since we are only a couple miles away...well...unless John leads.

Very protective of your girl...I see.

I guess you can understand where I'm coming from being protective of my girl...Jenna's foundation. My girl got robbed of a life, and never got a chance to wrench herself or worry about 25$.

Thats why I said 25$ isn't a big deal and I'd cover it to show my want for any/everyone to attend in your club...so we can help some children/familes that aren't so fortunate.

That was and IS my only intent....everyday of my life.

hpmotzd
03-19-08, 06:26 AM
PM sent.

AZSonicSnake
03-19-08, 08:51 AM
Very protective of your girl...I see.

I guess you can understand where I'm coming from being protective of my girl...Jenna's foundation. My girl got robbed of a life, and never got a chance to wrench herself or worry about 25$.

Thats why I said 25$ isn't a big deal and I'd cover it to show my want for any/everyone to attend in your club...so we can help some children/familes that aren't so fortunate.

That was and IS my only intent....everyday of my life.

amen chris. i knew exactly where you were coming from bro. i did not see anything harsh and still do not. your offering to even help get someone in if its too difficult. i saw no harsh intent.

and for the record, 25 bucks is about what it costs to get into anyshow.

Blown66
03-19-08, 10:24 AM
Deep Breath! Your peanut gallary might have known what you meant, but I wasn't alone with my question. I brought it up that your offer was great, but that this comment (since changed by you) "Also if someone doesnt have 25$ for a carshow for a childrens charity" was a bit back handed. You said that wasn't your intent, and I accepted that it wasn't your intent. Done.

Maybe i shouldn't have added the story...but I did...I pointed out why I even asked about the statement...wasn't personal, had nothing to do with your daughter, in fact if anyone could appreciate our girl it would be you...I even (my point) had a smiley face if I recall. I just thought it was important to point out a couple of members were poor as poor and that's why I even asked about your statement. I thought it was unfair to paint them with a cheap brush...I know now you weren't. That's all.

AZ "for the record, 25 bucks is about what it costs to get into anyshow."

Well, that has nothing do to with anything...but thanks for your input. lol

Lemme ask you something...if you have zero dollars...does it matter if the show is $25 or $250?

His offer was (is) great, but I don't think anyone (us, you or he) would want it if it was given with attitude. He said it wasn't, I don't know him, but if I had...I wouldn't have asked the question.

AZSonicSnake
03-19-08, 10:55 AM
yeah, i know, thats about what my input has been worth, it was apparent in past events. just stating the facts man. take it or leave it.

4Jenna
03-19-08, 01:51 PM
Deep Breath! Your peanut gallary might have known what you meant, but I wasn't alone with my question. I brought it up that your offer was great, but that this comment (since changed by you) "Also if someone doesnt have 25$ for a carshow for a childrens charity" was a bit back handed. You said that wasn't your intent, and I accepted that it wasn't your intent. Done.

Maybe i shouldn't have added the story...but I did...I pointed out why I even asked about the statement...wasn't personal, had nothing to do with your daughter, in fact if anyone could appreciate our girl it would be you...I even (my point) had a smiley face if I recall. I just thought it was important to point out a couple of members were poor as poor and that's why I even asked about your statement. I thought it was unfair to paint them with a cheap brush...I know now you weren't. That's all.

AZ "for the record, 25 bucks is about what it costs to get into anyshow."

Well, that has nothing do to with anything...but thanks for your input. lol

Lemme ask you something...if you have zero dollars...does it matter if the show is $25 or $250?

His offer was (is) great, but I don't think anyone (us, you or he) would want it if it was given with attitude. He said it wasn't, I don't know him, but if I had...I wouldn't have asked the question.

WOW...thats all I can say.

hpmotzd, thanks for the pm!

Ruckus46gt
03-19-08, 02:12 PM
as you were

4Jenna
03-19-08, 02:19 PM
Lets get back on topic

Club Photo-

Blown66
03-19-08, 04:02 PM
Chris for what's it worth...I apologize...that's the problem with email and the written word, the meanings sometimes get lost. There was no evil intent with the words written. This went places on accident, that it shouldn't have gone. If I could turn back the clock I would sincerly say, "thanks for the offer, I'll let the group know of your kind offer." So I am saying it now...

I'm guessing we might not be able to knock out a pic in your time frame...but appreciate the offer. Your show is high on our list (that we are pushing) to attend and is a very worth while...meaningful cause. Best of luck and I hope we are there in force.

Back to the topic...

A lot of feedback for 91st ave, although I am going to check out the Surprise Park before Friday. I was actually at 91st today and found a great spot within the lot that would have a decent backdrop. We just need Ray's ladder...Kev when can you swing by to get that? lol

Rev'n Kevin
03-21-08, 04:36 PM
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Act 4, scene 5 of Cool Hand Luke

You know the Steve McQueen movie with out a mustang in it, lol

Bandit
03-21-08, 08:01 PM
Aaaaaa... That was Paul Newman

Rev'n Kevin
03-21-08, 10:10 PM
Aaaaaa... That was Paul Newman

AAArrrgggghhh, I'm getting old, my mind is slipping....

Blown66
03-21-08, 11:28 PM
But McQueens Dead or Alive...solid show. :)

blueone
03-22-08, 12:02 PM
Steve McQueen is not dead he will Live on forever in a fast car!

maddme
03-22-08, 03:15 PM
So Kenny, I was wondering if you meant that on the 29th at 3:00 pm we would all meet at 91st ave and Northern and than at 3:30 pm drive from there to Sonic or straight to Safeway? Is 30 min enough time to get all of the cars together and take photos and also get over to Safeway? Maybe meet a little earlier like 2:00 pm at 91st ave? Just a thought.
Thanks Man.
JIM :icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool:

Rev'n Kevin
03-22-08, 03:58 PM
So Kenny, I was wondering if you meant that on the 29th at 3:00 pm we would all meet at 91st ave and Northern and than at 3:30 pm drive from there to Sonic or straight to Safeway? Is 30 min enough time to get all of the cars together and take photos and also get over to Safeway? Maybe meet a little earlier like 2:00 pm at 91st ave? Just a thought.
Thanks Man.
JIM :icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool:

I think from what I got last night is that the 29th is off, and the photo shoot will be discussed at the next meeting.

maddme
03-22-08, 04:21 PM
Yeah that is probably a good idea for now.:bouncy:

I was on a post not long ago (here) and a member of Copperstate had posted some pics of there friends truck and there own Mustang that was taken at Watson Lake in Prescott. The background was so kool that I drove up there one weekend and checked it out. That place has great areas to take pictures and the background is unbelievable. I know that the whole group photo thing would be hard to get every one up there. But what about a cruise for Wild West Mustangs to Prescott some Saturday and we would be able to take some pictures while were there. For those that are unable to drive there car's that far they could drive there daily drivers and we could have a big picnic. There is several large ramada's and alot of parking. Any how let me know what you think and maybe we might even mention it at the monthly meeting. Here is the link to the post I was referring to enjoy.
http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4917&highlight=watson+lake

JIM.:icon_cool:

FalconGTHO
03-22-08, 10:48 PM
Without a doubt Jim, a cruise to Red Rock Park in Sedona, a cruise to Jerome and a cruise to Flag up 89A should all be in the offing in the coming year for club trips. And you know any trip IM involved in will be WELL documented with pics and vids.

Blown66
03-23-08, 11:44 PM
Send me postcards lol...

BTW I am going to push for a club photo shoot at the next meeting...after the meeting. I am thinking if we get on it we can be done in a 1/2 hour and then head over to 91st with Alan's camera (maybe Marks)...Ray...bring your ladder!

Off to vegas!

Late.

FalconGTHO
03-24-08, 02:05 AM
Youll just have to ride along with someone Kenny.

maddme
03-24-08, 09:21 AM
What did you guys think about Watson Lake? Did you see the photos?:laughing1:

Blown66
04-01-08, 04:59 PM
6:30 meeting Wed (Cracker Barrel) and a 7:30ish photo shoot of the club... bring your cars!!!

Blown66
04-03-08, 12:21 AM
Great meeting and a lot of fun with the Photo shoot. Please tell me someone got a better shot than my camera did??? (no it wasn't our main camera lol)

FalconGTHO
04-03-08, 02:21 AM
Well, I dont know, but my cam blew. However, as I mentioned, that wasnt my "wundercam". That cam bit the dust Tuesday when I was hiking along with my phone. Its ALWAYS SOMEthing. If it can eff up with me it will.

Bottom line, the club pic HAS to be done during the day. Night shots without a semi pro dSLR and an equally quality "shooter" dont work. Were just going to have to get everyone to commit to a time and location. And plan better as far as positions and stuff. Too hurried, rushed tonight. And we had three members I can think of missing, plus only one of Craigs cars.

Blown66
04-03-08, 08:58 AM
Eh.

My crappy camera gave a good enough pic. But I see a way we can do it better. Club members that are missing...you will ALWAYS have that. You're dreaming if you think everyone can make it once, just won't happen. Your camera could have pulled it off. But I have faith in Marks camera because it's amazing.

I think we should do it again, day is best...night wasn't bad. Like I said with a better camera than mine (almost all) and it's a great shot.

As for Craig...that's on him...not us. He knew we were doing it...should have brought it.

So lets call this a practice run. In a perfect world we'll do it in the day light, but will live with the night time. We have four or five rows (vs three) or we'll figure out a way to stagger that many cars.

Gotta start looking at the bright side of things Al. ;) I think we all need to hang aournd with KEV more. lol

maddme
04-03-08, 09:40 AM
:icon_cool:Kenny, post the pics that you have even if there not the best it would be kool to see them. I thought that last night was a blast alot of fun and every one was very kool. I really think that this club is what I have been looking for. Thanks for letting Matt into the club (GT500) he is really stoked to be part of the beginning of a great Mustang club.

JIM:icon_cool:

Blown66
04-03-08, 09:52 AM
New rule...no black mustangs in back. BTW...Alan I asked that the thread you started be removed so we can keep everyone in one place as it relates to the club photo. Cool? Having two threads running and saying the same thing didn't seem like a good way to go.

BTW I have a pretty pic from Mark...but can't post it here. I guess you need an HTML address, vs pulling it from your computer...is that right?

Blown66
04-03-08, 09:54 AM
That's what I want Jim...excitement. :) Matt seems like a great guy, so obvsiously he is a welcome addition! As you can see I now have a pretty good pic in my possession, just can't upload it...unless someone can tell me how to get a pic from my computer up.

Blown66
04-03-08, 09:58 AM
It is on our club blog btw...here's the link. Oh I do have a link for here...but on my preview it just had the RED X! :)

http://wildwestmustangs.blogspot.com/

I'll try again...
http://bp0.blogger.com/_CEhpvc4J8ZA/R_T9yuTURlI/AAAAAAAAAbQ/phGrSO6BxJg/s1600/DSC02089MH.jpg

Blown66
04-03-08, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna mess with it on photoshop later to see if I can bring it and brighten it up.

maddme
04-03-08, 10:36 AM
I checked out the photo and I thought that it was very kool. Next time we do the pic it would be kool to have the first generation cars up front so that it seems as though the picture follows a generation theme. I don't know just a thought.:woot2:

Blown66
04-03-08, 02:31 PM
I like the thought although it does kill my black cars up front mantra. lol

I don't like how this turned out...but I don't have time to fix it...just want to see what it looks like on here.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_CEhpvc4J8ZA/R_U-suTURoI/AAAAAAAAAbo/E3SumStE4eI/s1600/dsc02089mh_2.jpg

Blown66
04-03-08, 02:32 PM
What the hell is that yellow car doing in there? Funny looking stang...

Blown66
04-03-08, 02:37 PM
Seriously there has to be a better way to do the stagging...there really isn't too many cars to do this right. We need to see Ricks, Johns and everyone in the back row better.

Take a look at the pics Alan did on the Friday night cruise. If we lined like four cars two by two in the aisle itself...then parked the rest of the cars facing them from each side and horse shoeing in the back...could that work? Seems like the pic Alan took you can see 6 cars deep on his angle??? Just a thought. It might be best to do what bry said and bowling pin them? That's 5 rows with 15 cars total...we have 22 cars in this picture...so 6+1 rows. Lot of rows...I do understand that there is no perfect set up short of a wide agle lens...which Marks camera probably has.

4doorfoxy
04-03-08, 02:38 PM
It's not completely necessary for a large shot like that to be done during the day, here's the one I did weeks ago for a few of the Copperstate guys who showed up for a photoshoot...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2247/2272666740_23cbbeceb9_b.jpg

Blown66
04-03-08, 02:41 PM
That's a hot picture...especially the "ghosts" . Obviously we have twice as many cars than this picture. And even in your outstanding picture...the black cars are lost.

Where is the location...east side I would assume? (Thanks for the sample!)

4doorfoxy
04-03-08, 02:49 PM
It's in Paradise Valley, most parking garages have great lighting for such a thing but try to stay away from places with those yellow lights.

And yes, in a large group shot like this the black cars usually will get lost. It's tough to get them without overexposing the rest of the cars in the shot, especially with those bright colors. Only way to fix that is with some type of external flash or to get the darker cars under better lighting somehow than the rest.

As far as your photoshoot goes.... ideally, sunset is the perfect lighting for cars. There's about a 10-15 min window for the perfect lighting right at sunset, it will produce pics like these:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/2272621498_a86f207c19_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2271876171_9c88eb0897_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2282/2271828817_f61a398713_b.jpg

Blown66
04-03-08, 04:25 PM
Personally I still love your first one...and having owned a few black cars...that just comes with owning them. I'll keep my eyes open around here...not a lot tall garages, although there is a really good one at the I-17 / 101 exchange (NW)...

Nice pics though, very nice!

hpmotzd
04-03-08, 04:40 PM
I think i know of a good parking garage over here. They just built a brand new one behind the Peoria library and courthouse area on 83rd ave. i will try and remember to go by there tomorrow before the cruise and take a look.

Blown66
04-03-08, 05:24 PM
Speaking of which...take a look at the cruise thread...

FalconGTHO
04-04-08, 11:18 AM
Eh.

My crappy camera gave a good enough pic. But I see a way we can do it better. Club members that are missing...you will ALWAYS have that. You're dreaming if you think everyone can make it once, just won't happen. Your camera could have pulled it off. But I have faith in Marks camera because it's amazing.

I think we should do it again, day is best...night wasn't bad. Like I said with a better camera than mine (almost all) and it's a great shot.

As for Craig...that's on him...not us. He knew we were doing it...should have brought it.

So lets call this a practice run. In a perfect world we'll do it in the day light, but will live with the night time. We have four or five rows (vs three) or we'll figure out a way to stagger that many cars.

Gotta start looking at the bright side of things Al. ;) I think we all need to hang aournd with KEV more. lol

Actually Kenny, your cam did fine. The only thing keeping it from being a "perfect" shot is that it wasnt held still. Same thing for mine since, as you see, the first pic I took was great. Thats the thing about the night shots, the cams gotta be dead rock steady. What IS your cam? If it has a night setting, using that and no flash and a soild mount (or steady hand) takes care of the pic issues.

AZSonicSnake
04-04-08, 11:22 AM
Tripod's tend to be rather usefull for night pics...

Blown66
04-04-08, 11:25 AM
I have to check Al (Panasonic I know...#'s not sure).

AZ you are right 100%, problem is we were on a 10' ladder and the person shooting it wasn't a club member, I guess not that (that) matters and like Alan said, it wasn't her camera's. I suspect she wasn't too steady because she was on the top rung. lol

Blown66
04-04-08, 11:28 AM
Oops! I just realized the camera person was a club member (wife) and not who I thought it was. But like I said, that really doesn't matter. In fact even if a couple of the shots were blury...it still didn't matter because the camera person couldn't make the black cars lighter. lol

FalconGTHO
04-04-08, 11:45 AM
Tripod's tend to be rather usefull for night pics...

Yes, but these pics were taken from a ladder. I brought mine because I figured Id need to use the timer for me to be in the pic. I wasnt sure how I was going to make the tripod work with the ladder. Doesnt matter though, we had Rays wife take the pics. And used his ladder instead, which wouldve made it impossible to use the tripod.

FalconGTHO
04-04-08, 11:47 AM
I have to check Al (Panasonic I know...#'s not sure).

AZ you are right 100%, problem is we were on a 10' ladder and the person shooting it wasn't a club member, I guess not that (that) matters and like Alan said, it wasn't her camera's. I suspect she wasn't too steady because she was on the top rung. lol

Yeah. We need a little tutorial and practice work on the ladder and things should be fine. Or, strap the cam down to the top rung and use the timer.

Blown66
04-04-08, 02:41 PM
ALAN "And used his ladder instead, which wouldve made it impossible to use the tripod."

Yeah that is why the tripod wouldn't work. ;) Are you really saying shooting 20+ cars from a tripod would have made the shot better??? Maybe the front row cars. Unless you have a 20' tripod, it's pretty useless to even talk about a tripod. So lets move past the tripod.

RAY...thank your wife for me, I very much a appreciate her efforts as we appreciate both of your efforts (taking the pics and bringing the ladder) ...Mark thank you for the use of your camera, Ray's wife did a great job with it!

First time shot worked out pretty well, the second time we do it, (it) will be better and guess what...the 3rd time...will even be better!

Personally I am happy with the shot (for now), we'll get better going forward...

FalconGTHO
04-04-08, 03:20 PM
Yes, thanks to Ray for the ladder. Wouldnt have been able to get the shot with my short ladder. And thanks to his wife for being the photgrapher for so many of us with all our cams.

AZSonicSnake
04-04-08, 03:21 PM
thats why a garage works out best, no matter who holds the camera they can't get it still enough to capture a good image at night. when we did the copperstate night shot, we used the incline in the garage, and then went up to the next level so the tripod could be on solid ground. this allows you to leave the shutter open long enough to get all the light in, and still keep s agood solid image. just my .02. :)

FalconGTHO
04-04-08, 11:34 PM
I'm gonna mess with it on photoshop later to see if I can bring it and brighten it up.

Umm, I see what Austins talking about now. The untouched pic you posted was fine. But the new one with the banner is ugh. Lol. What happened to it?

FalconGTHO
04-04-08, 11:46 PM
It's not completely necessary for a large shot like that to be done during the day, here's the one I did weeks ago for a few of the Copperstate guys who showed up for a photoshoot...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2247/2272666740_23cbbeceb9_b.jpg

Thats a great shot. But, its a high quality cam and a person who knows how to use it. But additional strobes would be needed to get more accurate color, detail with the dark cars and reduced shadows. And for our club, its tough enough to get people to the meet site or the cruise site. So making some other farther location just wont work. Regardless, daytime is needed. Theres no foul ups with color in sunlight, let alone the fact that everything is well illuminated. All though even there, some strobes would be needed to get even lighting for the best result.

crazy ray
04-05-08, 02:34 AM
Your welcome. She tried her best, but i wound be nervous up that high with someone elses camera. we'll get it done next time.

AZSonicSnake
04-05-08, 07:19 AM
there are more than one parking garages in the valley...lol.... and strobes? none used in that pic, and it came out good. i took one that night with my cannon s5is, and it turned out rather decently....so it can be done...

Blown66
04-05-08, 09:38 AM
MR HALF-FULL ""But, its a high quality cam and a person who knows how to use it. But additional strobes would be needed to get more accurate color, detail with the dark cars and reduced shadows."

First off. Since we have neither a high quality cam AND NOBODY in our club who would know how to use it...we did just fine. SECOND, above (in the garage) is one of the best club, partial club or gathering shots I have ever seen. Saying "BUT additional strobes"...yadda, yadda...is insulting to them. These are not professional photoshoots...never will be...telling someone they need extra strobes is laughable and I am sure if you offered to bring them...we'd say yeah, lets throw the strobes and ladder in Alan's car. ;)

Here's a suggestion. Instead of always saying what is wrong with a situation, go with what is right...keep what is wrong to yourself, and help improve it next time. You will be a much happier person.

MR HALF FULL "And for our club, its tough enough to get people to the meet site or the cruise site. So making some other farther location just wont work."

Okay now that is insulting to us. AGAIN (I think a lot of the guys above are Copperstate) I bet if I asked them at there last photo shoot (providing they even had one), how many of there members made it (granted they have a million...but hopefully my point won't escape you) they would tell you, a lot, but a lot didn't becasue it's difficult to get everyone together. We have had EXCEPTIONAL participation...more than any club I have ever been in. The meetings have been the most fun than any club I have been too, and there isn't one negative thing I could say about this club. (cept maybe hearing in the meetings lol)

ALAN "Regardless, daytime is needed. Theres no foul ups with color in sunlight, let alone the fact that everything is well illuminated. All though even there, some strobes would be needed to get even lighting for the best result."

Reality check. This is a car club, a bunch of people getting together as a hobby to have fun, we play the hand we are dealt. If Anne Lebowitz is available we'd love to have her shoot our team photo. Since she is not...we'll use our little cams and I am quite certain that 99.999% of our people will be very happy with our next shot.

I can promise you in advance...the only thing well will worry about. 1) The sun is facing the cars. 2) We have a different configuration more car friendly 3) That we have fun doing it. What we won't worry about....strobes, illumination & color foul ups. Forget about educating us because you are really not telling us anything that most of us don't know. "Shoot during the day, you get a clearer shot?" Really? Wow. You know what...had Tony and the guys shot that same shot during the day...it wouldn't be half as cool. Don't be the only person on this site that feels the need to tell them what they did wrong, join the rest of us and tell them what they did right and how cool it looks if you believe it. If you don't think it was a good shot I find it's always good to move to another thread and keep that type of negative opinion to yourself.

Dude I love you, you bring a lot to the table...you just need to unclench and relax.

I live by one of my favorite lines in a movie...DIE HARD...John McClain is talking to a 9-11 operator that is giving him a hard time...

"Honey you are part of the problem, quit f'ing being part of the problem and be part of the solution".

hpmotzd
04-05-08, 10:59 AM
:iagree:

This is for FUN, not to tell everyone what was done wrong. Whats the worst thing that happens? We get everyone together for more fun and do it again.

[quote=Blown66;38912] If Anne Lebowitz is available we'd love to have her shoot our team photo. quote]

Can we get her? cuz that would be awesome. LOL :pinkthumb:

Blown66
04-05-08, 05:09 PM
Nooooooo we can't. We must do it ourselves for some sort of feeling of accomplishments.

BTW Tony...yeah...I don't think there are more parking garages in phoenix. lol Well at least our neck of the woods, although we are all looking now. Although if there is a way we can sweetalk our "Fire Truck" into shoot our pics...I am fairly certain his hook and ladder will go high enough. :)

AZSonicSnake
04-05-08, 08:54 PM
yea, i guess i am just so lucky there is one right next to my house..lol.. but there are always options! i would be glad to help if i can. i have a decent camera, cannon s5is, its not a pro camera, but its the next best thing. hehe.

Blown66
04-05-08, 11:53 PM
Thanks! I guess we are a bunch of hay seeds so we'll need some help to shoot that darn theng...:)

Actually thanks...we are looking for a cool site like you guys did and if we get it we'll let you know. Anyone have any success with shooting like 20 cars? Horeshoe? Half Moon? Bowling pins?

Blown66
04-06-08, 12:00 AM
Thanks Austin...
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2008/dsc02089mh2pq6.jpg

AZSonicSnake
04-06-08, 12:07 AM
whats the big hubub about that? looks like a good pic to me! good shot. seriously!

Mr. Austin
04-06-08, 12:28 AM
Nooooooo we can't. We must do it ourselves for some sort of feeling of accomplishments.

BTW Tony...yeah...I don't think there are more parking garages in phoenix. lol Well at least our neck of the woods, although we are all looking now. Although if there is a way we can sweetalk our "Fire Truck" into shoot our pics...I am fairly certain his hook and ladder will go high enough. :)

why i know of many and very goos spot for i take long boards and ride through the garages. why the ones by the footbal arena. big. no worries. ask for permission and psh security dont care ill check into it though

Blown66
04-06-08, 02:47 PM
Asking for permission is suicide.

Tony I agree...but I also think that if you are a car in the last couple of rows you'd like to see a better shot. That's why your shot was so outstanding...but again only 1/3 almost half the cars. I'd like to at least make out the cars in the back. But first time out of the game, I agree with you.

AZSonicSnake
04-06-08, 07:05 PM
yeah, but its not about being able to single someone out in a line up or something, its to show the proud members and thier steeds. and i think it does it well. with a little fine tuning, something can be come up with.

Blown66
04-06-08, 11:39 PM
I can (as everyone in our group I am sure) appreciate that...but using yours as an example...you were able to get both. Seeing everyones car and pride. BUT...I am being stupid here and overthinking this. As you can see in our photo and NOT the one shown. We have A LOT of open space in the foreground and forever in the
background. I don't think there is any reason we can't spread out and still get a good solid representative shot. There is no reason we could duplicate a version of your shot in the parking lot and accomplish both as well. Not as great...but solid.

FalconGTHO
04-07-08, 12:00 AM
Your welcome. She tried her best, but i wound be nervous up that high with someone elses camera. we'll get it done next time.

Yeah. Nervous indeed. And when I was on she was telling me, "You can go another rung Alan". :laughing:

FalconGTHO
04-07-08, 12:33 AM
MR HALF-FULL ""But, its a high quality cam and a person who knows how to use it. But additional strobes would be needed to get more accurate color, detail with the dark cars and reduced shadows."

First off. Since we have neither a high quality cam AND NOBODY in our club who would know how to use it...we did just fine.

Whoa, calm down. I know. But then youve mentioned Marks cam. The way youve talked about it Im guessing its a digital SLR? If so, thats good enough to get w/e good shot we need. And as far as use, Im sure we have a few people who are skilled, Esther? And please dont underestimate my abilities.

SECOND, above (in the garage) is one of the best club, partial club or gathering shots I have ever seen. Saying "BUT additional strobes"...yadda, yadda...is insulting to them.

Yes, I know. Not insulting. You yourself commented on Jens pic that, "...even in your outstanding picture...the black cars are lost." I simply stated that to overcome that strobes would be needed. No insult intended.

These are not professional photoshoots...never will be...telling someone they need extra strobes is laughable and I am sure if you offered to bring them...we'd say yeah, lets throw the strobes and ladder in Alan's car. ;)

Here's a suggestion. Instead of always saying what is wrong with a situation, go with what is right...keep what is wrong to yourself, and help improve it next time.

?Thats the comments Im making?

You will be a much happier person.

MR HALF FULL "And for our club, its tough enough to get people to the meet site or the cruise site. So making some other farther location just wont work."

Okay now that is insulting to us.

Again, not intending an insult. I was surprised AND GLAD at the LARGE turnout for the pic. But again, you yourself told me Im, "...dreaming if you think everyone can make it once" and I know this. But, given that, trying to coordinate to some OTHER location would likely compound that issue. So it would be a trade off. Better pic opportunities vs fewer members present.

AGAIN (I think a lot of the guys above are Copperstate) I bet if I asked them at there last photo shoot (providing they even had one), how many of there members made it (granted they have a million...but hopefully my point won't escape you) they would tell you, a lot, but a lot didn't becasue it's difficult to get everyone together. We have had EXCEPTIONAL participation...more than any club I have ever been in. The meetings have been the most fun than any club I have been too, and there isn't one negative thing I could say about this club. (cept maybe hearing in the meetings lol)

ALAN "Regardless, daytime is needed. Theres no foul ups with color in sunlight, let alone the fact that everything is well illuminated. All though even there, some strobes would be needed to get even lighting for the best result."

Again this is just in response to your issue with the dark cars being "lost". Night pics ARE cool as evidenced by Jens shots. But its just easier, obviously, to get better pics in the daytime, esp if we dont have a whiz bang cam.

Reality check. This is a car club, a bunch of people getting together as a hobby to have fun, we play the hand we are dealt. If Anne Lebowitz is available we'd love to have her shoot our team photo. Since she is not...we'll use our little cams and I am quite certain that 99.999% of our people will be very happy with our next shot.

I can promise you in advance...the only thing well will worry about. 1) The sun is facing the cars. 2) We have a different configuration more car friendly 3) That we have fun doing it. What we won't worry about....strobes, illumination & color foul ups. Forget about educating us because you are really not telling us anything that most of us don't know. "Shoot during the day, you get a clearer shot?" Really? Wow. You know what...had Tony and the guys shot that same shot during the day...it wouldn't be half as cool. Don't be the only person on this site that feels the need to tell them what they did wrong, join the rest of us and tell them what they did right and how cool it looks if you believe it. If you don't think it was a good shot I find it's always good to move to another thread and keep that type of negative opinion to yourself.

I only "bashed" the pics with my cam which, as mentioned, are simply the result of Rays wife understandably not being comfy on a tall ladder with other peoples cams. The one from yours you posted on the Blog first was fine and I even mentioned such. I simply agreed with Austins view on the first "retouched" pic with the club name.

Dude I love you, you bring a lot to the table...you just need to unclench and relax.

I live by one of my favorite lines in a movie...DIE HARD...John McClain is talking to a 9-11 operator that is giving him a hard time...

"Honey you are part of the problem, quit f'ing being part of the problem and be part of the solution".

AZSonicSnake
04-07-08, 12:33 AM
i do want to be sure and point out, that is not my shot. that was jen aka 4doorfoxy's shot. i would love to claim that as my own, but really it is not. she has a nack for seein a good shot. and totally laid that idea out, along with some help from dave and chris. wehad some great input and put together an awesome shot. thats why i wanted to try and help, because sometimes adding positive input from a few different sources will help make something even stronger and better.

BurnTire
04-07-08, 01:02 PM
I am lost who is MR Half-Full?

Blown66
04-07-08, 04:04 PM
Tony you are right, I was assuming everyone knew someone else shot it. My "your" was generic related to your group...not just you. But nobody else would know that but me as I look back. Thanks

Mr Half Full...is Falcon. He has a tendacy to point out the negatives (which sometimes is warranted), but we are trying to teach him to love the world and everyone in it first. ;)

BurnTire
04-07-08, 05:15 PM
Mr Half Full...is Falcon. He has a tendacy to point out the negatives (which sometimes is warranted), but we are trying to teach him to love the world and everyone in it first. ;)

:rollingfloorrlol:

AZSonicSnake
04-07-08, 06:48 PM
Tony you are right, I was assuming everyone knew someone else shot it. My "your" was generic related to your group...not just you. But nobody else would know that but me as I look back. Thanks

i figured as much myself, but i wanted it to be clear to everyone else. i just don't want it to look like i am claiming work that is not mine. gotta be straight up. :woot1: