PDA

View Full Version : Helpp!!!!

Gavin
03-18-08, 05:14 PM
Ok so I've got yet another problem with my '01 GT... I think it might be missfiring but I'm not positive.. Some details about my car, it's an '01 GT, Auto, it's got borla cat-back, and CAI... So the problem: when I get on the gas the car isn't moving like it should, other times when I'm at a stand still in drive it both feels and sounds like it's going to stall out, droping it into nuetral sometimes helps but not often... What do you guys think??

01cobradude
03-18-08, 07:58 PM
In an earlier post, you mentioned problem with intake. Did you get that fixed? If so, what exactly was wrong? Maybe you have a vacuum leak? How about the gas filter? How long since it was replaced? Could also have problems with IAC? Do you have check engine light on?

Gavin
03-19-08, 07:35 AM
Ok... I havent replace the intake yet, the problem with it was a crack in a few spots, I bought a Typhoon intake with a new plenum and 75mm t/b.. thats coming in today so ill be puttin that on here in a little while... but the problem that feels like a missfire was happenin for a while before the manifold cracked... yes i do have a check engine light on but it comes up as the cam shaft alignment sensor, which was already replaced...?? (so yeah shes been givin me some trouble haha...) what ya think...??

Jacostang
03-19-08, 10:46 AM
What have you done to try to fix it or what else have you checked? Coil pack bad plug but that should show a code to represent that. Anything else?

svtrichie
03-19-08, 10:54 AM
Could be something a simple as a fuel filter or fuel pump going bad.

Jacostang
03-19-08, 02:52 PM
^^^ Yeah start simple and include maybe an injector is or injectors are dirty...

AZSonicSnake
03-19-08, 03:18 PM
i would go after a fuel filter first...had that happen on my 98 gt....

01cobradude
03-19-08, 07:17 PM
If you have a camshaft sensor code coming up, then I would be sure to check wiring and connections between the sensor. Here is the info I found on the sensor:
Camshaft Position Sensor

Operation

Engine Management Systems (EMS) use the camshaft position sensor to manage sequential fuel injection and as part of misfire diagnosis. The EMS constantly monitors the number of pulses on the signal circuit. The EMS compares the number of camshaft sensor reference pulses and the number of crankshaft position sensor reference pulses received. If the EMS receives an incorrect number of pulses, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) should be stored in the EMS. Some engine management systems will then default to multi-port or "gang-fire" injector operation. The camshaft position sensor signal is required to sequence the injector operation to the proper cylinder timing. If the camshaft position sensor or circuit is faulty, most engines will start. However, the EMS misfire diagnostic will likely be affected.
The following symptoms can be caused by intermittent wiring connections or faulty signal to the EMS.
Related Symptoms

Extended crank time with a cold engine
Intermittent rough running
Unstable idle
Bucking
Hesitation
Stumble
Chuggle
Poor fuel economy
Stalling on acceleration
Chuggle? What is that?!

Mr03Cobra
03-20-08, 05:23 PM
Check the plugs & check the gaps, may have blow out.
If it was a coil pack, you can just use a ODBII Computer to pull a code or at least data log and see if there is a variance.
Fuel filter should be changed once a year.
Check the Fuel pressure regualtor on the fuel rail, they do go bad. Only a 65.00 part.

Check all that out to narrow it down. Then come back with findings & if anything changed.

Gavin
03-26-08, 01:55 PM
got new plugs in, fuel filter, cleaned out the injectors n the fuel press. reg. is good to go and lines are clear...

ok so it was missfirin in 4, changed the ignition coil, it doesnt say 4 is missifirin anymore but it still feels like a missfire and has a rough idle and kind of stalls a little when gettin on it... code for the Vehicle ID block is either corrupt or needs programing, and the cam align. sensor... ive already replaced the cam sensor but its still comin up... so i know that the cam sensor not workin correctly or what not can cause missfire and stallin during acceleration and a rough idle... but if ive replaced it then whats goin on?? ok next, im not sure what would cause a VID block code to come up, im not even to sure what an ECM (engine control management??) or Vehicle ID block is or does....?? as stupid as that may sound....

as far as good news... i got the typhoon intake manifold, plenum, n 75mm throttle body on and im very happy with it... besides that little bit my cars still fallin apart...

01cobradude
03-26-08, 07:21 PM
Well, I'm not a Ford tech, but it sounds like it is telling you there is a serial number mismatch possibly? In a John Deere Engine Control Unit (ECU), if there is a serial number mismatch in the controllers, it will derate engine performance until the mismatch is corrected. In other words, you can't swap a controller from one tractor to another because there are several controllers on the machine that "talk" to each other and each one "knows" the serial numbers of the other controllers. If there is a mismatch, the affected system goes into a derate or "limp home" mode. I don't know if the same type of thing can happen on Fords. Anybody know if this is possible? I was under the impression that there was only one "controller" on these cars?

Graham
03-31-08, 01:18 PM
got new plugs in, fuel filter, cleaned out the injectors n the fuel press. reg. is good to go and lines are clear...

ok so it was missfirin in 4, changed the ignition coil, it doesnt say 4 is missifirin anymore but it still feels like a missfire and has a rough idle and kind of stalls a little when gettin on it... code for the Vehicle ID block is either corrupt or needs programing, and the cam align. sensor... ive already replaced the cam sensor but its still comin up... so i know that the cam sensor not workin correctly or what not can cause missfire and stallin during acceleration and a rough idle... but if ive replaced it then whats goin on?? ok next, im not sure what would cause a VID block code to come up, im not even to sure what an ECM (engine control management??) or Vehicle ID block is or does....?? as stupid as that may sound....

as far as good news... i got the typhoon intake manifold, plenum, n 75mm throttle body on and im very happy with it... besides that little bit my cars still fallin apart...

Well if you replaced the cam sensor and its still throwing that code my best guess would be an intermittant wiring problem on that circuit

Dan
04-01-08, 12:36 AM
what are your fuel trims?