PDA

View Full Version : Question about 05 GT Exhaust?

newmer28
03-20-08, 06:09 PM
As of right now I have bought,

K&N Intake
Steeda Throttle Body Spacer
Steeda Underdrive Pully's
Spec 1 Clutch
Spec Steel Flywheel
SCT Live Wire Tuner
BBK Long Tube Headers

I'm working on the rest of the Exhaust. I wanna put Exhaust Cut-Outs after the Headers. Then from the Cut-Outs back will be the Stock Exhaust. Tho I'm wondering if the Cut-Outs are a good idea? I'm wondering if I'm going to lose power with them. With not many mods, just little ones. The Cut-Outs have electronic motors on them to open and close them at the flick of a switch. If anyone has any info on that, that would be great to hear your imput!

fazm
03-20-08, 07:52 PM
electric cutouts are prone to failure, mechanical ones are usually the way to go, unless you are lazy.

return the throttle body spacer.

newmer28
03-20-08, 08:01 PM
The only thing about the Throttle Body Spacer is it actually improved my MPG.

Do you know if the Cut-Outs in general(electronic or not) affect my performance?

fazm
03-20-08, 08:37 PM
generally a gain in the top end, with some loss in the low end. just depends on your setup.

on my car they are good for 20-45hp likely depending on placement

newmer28
03-21-08, 05:53 AM
what do you think is a good setup? I was planning on welding the cut-outs to the headers. Then taking the stock cats and mid pipe and cutting it up to go from the cut-outs back. That way its not loud around town, but when I'm at the track I can open the cut-outs and run it wide open.

Let me know what you think about that setup? The other question on I have on the cut-out's are, where should I face the open end of the cut-out? Toward the ground, at a 45deg angle to the ground, or parallel with the bottom of the car?

diehard
03-21-08, 08:13 AM
the problem with the cut outs is you'll have to have a different tune as it will more than likely lean the car out when you use them, so you'll need a track tune, and daily driver tune.