PDA

View Full Version : Which IRS Brace?

04WhininCobra
03-20-08, 10:41 PM
Which IRS Brace should i go with? Im looking at either Steeda or Billetflow, or is there another brand i should consider?

BurnTire
03-20-08, 10:58 PM
Billet Flow!

04WhininCobra
03-20-08, 11:11 PM
Billet Flow it is!

thanks.

wickedcobra
03-20-08, 11:31 PM
See Jeff, your word is like gold.

The billet flow looks better, Im sure either will do.

BurnTire
03-20-08, 11:35 PM

Some steedas went boom in the past. Billet Flow Only!

04WhininCobra
03-20-08, 11:39 PM

Thanks again for the those spacers, ill post some pictures tomorrow of the wheels. Its amazing how much difference those Nitto DR's make! I Have that shift hadle for you kenny, just tell me when you want it, i can drive out to your place again if you want.

Ill be ordering the Brace tomorrow. Is the install pretty easy?

BurnTire
03-20-08, 11:41 PM
Thanks again for the those spacers, ill post some pictures tomorrow of the wheels. Its amazing how much difference those Nitto DR's make! I Have that shift hadle for you kenny, just tell me when you want it, i can drive out to your place again if you want.

Its not bad unless the rear is leaking. LOL

IMSHAKN
03-20-08, 11:46 PM

It should be an easy install Justin. I don't believe that you actually have to crack the diff open to install it, it should be easier than the install of the line lock we are about to do.

BurnTire
03-21-08, 12:24 AM
You don't have to open the diff. It just bolts in.

04WhininCobra
03-21-08, 12:55 AM
You don't have to open the diff. It just bolts in.

Ok good, thats what i was hoping for!

About2Bite
03-21-08, 01:18 AM
Billet Flow!

But the Steeda does have an extra bolt on their brace

I'm running the Steeda FWIW

Billetflow makes great products and they have a nice IRS brace as well, much eaiser to install the Billetflow brace too:pinkthumb:

Just my .02

Josh

BurnTire
03-21-08, 01:33 AM
I have a bunch of runs in the 10's on a stock IRS with a billet flow brace only. Selling Point.

About2Bite
03-21-08, 01:43 AM
Mine has never been to the track and my brace is holding up just fine. Definately not a selling point lol

I was just putting a little more info out there, I have nothing against Billetflow they have great products that are better than most of the competition. I would more than likely go with the Billetflow myself if I had to replace mine just due to the easier install and great quality.

BurnTire
03-21-08, 01:46 AM
I have had both in my hands and the Billet flow is a much stronger and sexier piece.

About2Bite
03-21-08, 02:07 AM
I have had both in my hands and the Billet flow is a much stronger and sexier piece.

I'm not going to argue that statement, the Billetflow seems to be a thicker brace and they powder coat them to match which is very nice, Billetflow puts a lot of time into all of their products.

ASUSMC
03-21-08, 08:23 AM
I am running a Billetflow brace. Install was pretty easy on a lift. On your back is a completely different story I would imagine.

I don't have good enough tires to hook up and worry about breaking the IRS at this point but its just extra insurance.

03cobrazzz
03-21-08, 09:04 AM
Which IRS Brace should i go with? Im looking at either Steeda or Billetflow, or is there another brand i should consider?i liked the billetflow and it worked for me still broke the rear cover after 3 months but it was maybe hurt from before.solid axle is the way to go for dragracing.

Blownsvt
03-24-08, 09:06 PM
i had a billetflow on mine too, never had a problem once that was on it.