PDA

View Full Version : SCT tuner question

mk028
03-24-08, 10:36 AM
I own a 2004 cobra and I have it tuned with the SCT tuner that has a switch that allows you to have 7 different tunes. I had previously had all my work done through SVC motorsports. I want to start taking my car to PSR and when I tried calling SVC it appears that they have gone out of buisness. I apologize ahead of time for this question, but I am constantly learning about performance cars and dont have a lot of knowlege yet in this area. I thought I remembered Rob (mechanic at SVC) told me that my tuner came with a programmer (or something like that) and he told me he would hang on to it so I would not misplace it. Is there such a thing as a programmer? If there is and I cant get it back, when I take my car to PSR am I screwed as far as having them tune my car? Will I have to buy a brand new tuner again or is there something they can do?

ITLRUN
03-24-08, 12:16 PM
Mike; It sounds to me like you have a 6600 switch chip in your car. And no your not screwed, if PSR is an SCT Dealer they can still tune your car. If you have a chip in your car, you might want to upgrade to a programmer anyway. At least with the programmer, you can data-log your own car and see where everything is at. If you had SCT software, racer pkg. with a programmer you could tune it yourself. All you would have to do is rent a dyno for an hour, that's so you can get your AFR, unless you have your own wide-band O2 sensor. I still have my Advantage 3 software, and I would be willing to let it go for a reasonable price. With Advantage 3, it has it's own built in help section that will walk you through the whole tuning process. Even if you've never tuned before, you could do it that's how easy SCT software is to work with. The only thing, I don't have the processor code for your COBRA. It does have two processor codes with it, CXN1 for the 01 Lightning, and BMD0 for the 03 Marauder. You can add processor codes to it anytime, by going to your local SCT Dealer and telling him what you need. I know either the 03 or 04 COBRA'S were AMZ2, I'm not sure which one had that code. You can find it on the inside of the passenger door, or A pillar. It's a little white sticker about 1"X1" squared with 3 letters and a number. And to add a processor code, depending on the dealer, only goes for $75.00-$100.00. I got mine through Mike Dezotel, at Dez Racing and that's all he ever charged me. Then SCT will email the code to you so you can add it to your software. Oh yeah, Have you called Dave at dnd motorsports on your short block yet? If you deside to go that way, make sure you tell him I sent you. He's a good friend of mine, and he'll take good care of you. I've already mentioned your name to him, so you should be all set when your ready, Mike D. (ITLRUN).:2thumbs:

mk028
03-25-08, 12:26 PM
Mike; It sounds to me like you have a 6600 switch chip in your car. And no your not screwed, if PSR is an SCT Dealer they can still tune your car. If you have a chip in your car, you might want to upgrade to a programmer anyway. At least with the programmer, you can data-log your own car and see where everything is at. If you had SCT software, racer pkg. with a programmer you could tune it yourself. All you would have to do is rent a dyno for an hour, that's so you can get your AFR, unless you have your own wide-band O2 sensor. I still have my Advantage 3 software, and I would be willing to let it go for a reasonable price. With Advantage 3, it has it's own built in help section that will walk you through the whole tuning process. Even if you've never tuned before, you could do it that's how easy SCT software is to work with. The only thing, I don't have the processor code for your COBRA. It does have two processor codes with it, CXN1 for the 01 Lightning, and BMD0 for the 03 Marauder. You can add processor codes to it anytime, by going to your local SCT Dealer and telling him what you need. I know either the 03 or 04 COBRA'S were AMZ2, I'm not sure which one had that code. You can find it on the inside of the passenger door, or A pillar. It's a little white sticker about 1"X1" squared with 3 letters and a number. And to add a processor code, depending on the dealer, only goes for $75.00-$100.00. I got mine through Mike Dezotel, at Dez Racing and that's all he ever charged me. Then SCT will email the code to you so you can add it to your software. Oh yeah, Have you called Dave at dnd motorsports on your short block yet? If you deside to go that way, make sure you tell him I sent you. He's a good friend of mine, and he'll take good care of you. I've already mentioned your name to him, so you should be all set when your ready, Mike D. (ITLRUN).:2thumbs:

Thanks for all the info! I am going to go with Dave, I am going to give him a call on this Wednesday (3/26) or Thursday (3/27) at the latest. Thanks again for all the help.
Mike K

IMSHAKN
03-25-08, 12:32 PM
If you are unsure of things, just call PSR up if you are planning on going there. They will take care of you.