PDA

View Full Version : Glen Arner 1924 - 2008

Jacostang
03-26-08, 07:00 PM
The Copperstate Mustang Club is sad to report that Long Time Member and Past President of the Club Mr. Glen Arner passed away this afternoon. Glen was a WWII Veteran and he was an avid Mustang Man!!

Glen was on the cover of Life Magazine on the deck of the Carrier USS Enterprise waving the planes into land!!

From Boss 429's to his latest 03 Mach 1 and his new 2007 Mustang GT he loved them! The club was his home and we will miss him very Much.

Glen is survived by his wife Olie

GodSpeed Glen We Will Miss You!!

Dave J...........

RockysMom
03-26-08, 07:15 PM
Thanks for posting this Dave. "Grumpy" will be missed very much!!

WildBill
03-26-08, 08:40 PM
Good-bye to a fellow Veteran and Mach1 owner.

HanksGT
03-26-08, 09:05 PM
We'll miss him. Alot of Mustang knowledge and restoration experience has been lost.

svtrichie
03-26-08, 10:10 PM
Godspeed. Sorry to here about a fellow club member.

AZSonicSnake
03-26-08, 10:13 PM
thats sad to hear. godspeed to a fellow mustang enthusiast. you will be missed.

Pantera
03-31-08, 09:06 PM
The Copperstate Mustang Club is sad to report that Long Time Member and Past President of the Club Mr. Glen Arner passed away this afternoon. Glen was a WWII Veteran and he was an avid Mustang Man!!

Glen was on the cover of Life Magazine on the deck of the Carrier USS Enterprise waving the planes into land!!

From Boss 429's to his latest 03 Mach 1 and his new 2007 Mustang GT he loved them! The club was his home and we will miss him very Much.

Glen is survived by his wife Olie

GodSpeed Glen We Will Miss You!!

Dave J...........
Dave....thanks for posting the info You have have a good understanding of what was.
The CMC Club did not begin when you arrived .......and you know that! You have
respect for the history and the original members and because of this i have respect for you.
I was the kid in the early days of the club and didn't get any respect I guess i hadn't earned
it yet? every thing has a beginning a middle and an end. If you are reading this then you too
are in the middle It's the end that's uncertain. and the best we can all hope for is to be
remembered. again ......thanks for the post.
http://www.legacy.com/AZCentral/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=106458756

Torchmach
03-31-08, 10:51 PM
I allways had a lot of respect for Glen as a Person, and Mustang Enthusiast. He had acquired a lot of knowage as a machinest in the Navy, and as a field service Rep for Convair. Rebuilt 19 Car Motors over the years, including the balanced and blueprinted 289 in the 65' fastback He had owned, and a couple Boss 302's.

Was a good friend to the Rio Grande Mustang Club in Albuquerque. Two years ago at the Awards Banquet, after thier Car Show, they presented Him with a lifetime achievement award, and, after He gave a brief acceptance speech, gave him a standing ovation.

I'm glad to have known you Glen!

Jacostang
04-01-08, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all the notes guys, we are doing a special tribute to Glen at the Rock N Roll Pony show...

pirenius
04-02-08, 10:35 PM

AZSonicSnake
04-02-08, 10:57 PM
wow. very touching words. that is awesome.

Greg@BergeFord
04-03-08, 12:49 PM
Wow this is a very touching thread. It is hard to read the kind words on my screen from behind my tears.... The few friends that have already posted their thoughts have done a great job of describing Mr. Arner. He was an enthusiast with a lot of knowledge and was always there to help out. I had the pleasure of meeting Glen only a handful of times at Berge Ford when he ordered his very own special 2007 GT350A from me late in 2006. He was a perfectionist to say the least. Glen would call me with questions about Mustang accessories, new updates, and my opinion on which color stripes to go with for his GT350A (though I think he already made up his mind).

For all those who knew Glen, we all have gained knowledge, laughter, and a true appreciation for life. Live a full and happy life.

Glen, thank you kindly for your warm friendship. Your companionship will not be forgotten. You will be missed, Godspeed my friend.

**** At the CMC show this weekend and we are going make a memorial banner in memory of Mr. Glen Arner. I have taken some photos of his 2007 Mustang today, this was a unique GT350A. When I asked Glen what the "A" meant, he said "The GT350A stand for Arner! If Shelby can put a letter on his car, then why can't I put one on mine?"

Jacostang
04-03-08, 03:58 PM
Thanks Greg!! Nice photos!!

Greg@BergeFord
04-03-08, 04:00 PM
This will be on his Mustang...