PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust system.

Mr. Austin
04-06-08, 03:19 PM
1969 mustang grande. 302 2 barrel all origonal. just curious on what sounds good and what is clean and open not like the muffled cars now a days. it will be a LONG time till i get pipes just curious

Stern90LX
04-06-08, 07:42 PM
Hmm, this is always a tuff one to answer. There's so many choices these days for exhaust components that the tone someone achieves and likes others may not. It's very subjective. Were you also at looking to swap the headers? Or just mufflers? Or do the entire system?

ITLRUN
04-07-08, 09:02 AM
He's right, there are so many systems out there today. You could go directly on to their web site, most have recorded their systems so you can hear what they sound like before you buy. Myself, I've always liked the sound of either Basani, or Magnaflow. But to each his own. My BOSS 302, has Hooker headers connected to a Basani X pipe, and Basani mufflers and tail pipes, which sounds like no Mustang you've ever heard. Awesome, but again it's far from stock. Check around, and see what it is that YOU LIKE, and take it from there, Mike D. Good luck, I hope you find what you like the sound of. ( ITLRUN )

Mr. Austin
04-07-08, 09:58 AM
Hmm, this is always a tuff one to answer. There's so many choices these days for exhaust components that the tone someone achieves and likes others may not. It's very subjective. Were you also at looking to swap the headers? Or just mufflers? Or do the entire system?

entire system. im kinda loking at some hooker headers and maybe some cherry bomb glass packs? i have heard different things about those.

ITLRUN
04-07-08, 12:26 PM
Cherry Bomb, GLASS PACKS oooooh!! I would put some serious thought into that, before you throw your money out the window. I purchased a vehicle, quite a few years ago and it had on a set of glass packs. They were the first things I cut off, I was on my way home and the first overpass that I went under I couldn't hear my self think. You know when you see their commercial on TV, stating disturbing the peace since whenever, their not kidding. If you want to attract attention, you could be attracting the wrong kind and I think you know what I mean when I say the wrong kind. But like I said before, everyone has their own opinion that's just mine. I don't mind them loud, I just don't like them obnoxious. Take your time, check around, don't be hasty, your the one that is going to have to live with whichever system you choose. And also the sound, Mike D.

Mr. Austin
04-07-08, 12:41 PM
Cherry Bomb, GLASS PACKS oooooh!! I would put some serious thought into that, before you throw your money out the window. I purchased a vehicle, quite a few years ago and it had on a set of glass packs. They were the first things I cut off, I was on my way home and the first overpass that I went under I couldn't hear my self think. You know when you see their commercial on TV, stating disturbing the peace since whenever, their not kidding. If you want to attract attention, you could be attracting the wrong kind and I think you know what I mean when I say the wrong kind. But like I said before, everyone has their own opinion that's just mine. I don't mind them loud, I just don't like them obnoxious. Take your time, check around, don't be hasty, your the one that is going to have to live with whichever system you choose. And also the sound, Mike D.

well like i said it will be quite a while till ANYTHING happens to that car so. when it gets around the 100,000 i will start asking around and listening to cars