PDA

View Full Version : traction control

crazy ray
04-08-08, 03:07 AM
A question for those with traction control. When you are at the drag strip, do you have the traction control on or off?

wickedcobra
04-08-08, 03:30 AM
You should have it off

TruBluScreamer
04-08-08, 06:51 AM
Mine is set with the tuner to be off at all times and its kinda nice

AZSonicSnake
04-08-08, 09:16 AM
i know that devins turns it off in the tune, so i never push the button..its just off...

03cobrazzz
04-08-08, 09:27 AM
same here its off all the time

BLK03SVT
04-08-08, 01:48 PM
TC sucks- When I first got my cobra I had an encounter with some gaylord in a benz getting on the 202 at Priest. He hit it and so did I, and the TC kicked in....my face almost hit the steering wheel it slowed the car down so fast....lol....needless to say, it's off permanently now as part of the tune.

RobinHood
04-08-08, 04:45 PM
If you get it tuned can you still keep traction control? or is it just automatically gone?

I'd like it off for the track, but normal driving i think i'd keep it on.

IMSHAKN
04-08-08, 04:47 PM
If you get it tuned can you still keep traction control? or is it just automatically gone?

I'd like it off for the track, but normal driving i think i'd keep it on.

It's only turned off if you want it off, which is one of the parameters in the tune. Mine is permanently disabled, screw traction control.

RobinHood
04-08-08, 04:47 PM
It's only turned off if you want it off, which is one of the parameters in the tune. Mine is permanently disabled, screw traction control.

Its a little different since you have drag radials.

IMSHAKN
04-08-08, 04:53 PM
I always had TCS disabled on street tires except for in the rain...now I'm stuck driving in rain on DR's with no TCS, which can prove to be rather interesting when going through intersections...:biglaugh:

RobinHood
04-08-08, 04:54 PM
I always had TCS disabled on street tires except for in the rain...now I'm stuck driving in rain on DR's with no TCS, which can prove to be rather interesting when going through intersections...:biglaugh:
thats pretty much the only reason i thought about keeping it. i mean whats the point in permanently disabling it if you can just hit a switch to do it for you?

BurnTire
04-08-08, 04:58 PM
thats pretty much the only reason i thought about keeping it. i mean whats the point in permanently disabling it if you can just hit a switch to do it for you?

More of a personal preference.

IMSHAKN
04-08-08, 05:01 PM
Because it's really easy to forget that it's still on when going to the track or screwing around on the street. For me it was one of those things that I'd occasionally forget to turn off at the track and decided to take the chance of forgetting it out of the picture. With decent tires, TCS really does very little under normal driving even in the rain unless you are starting to get pretty aggressive.

wickedcobra
04-08-08, 05:34 PM
If Im correct it sends less amount of fuel to the motor. That is the last thing you want to happen.

IMSHAKN
04-08-08, 05:38 PM
I believe you are correct. It is my understanding that it cuts power to the motor and that ABS will step in to help restore traction.

RobinHood
04-08-08, 05:43 PM
From what i've heard it cuts fuel, retards the timing, and throws the brakes on a little.

RockysMom
04-08-08, 08:10 PM
All I know is that it worked great around the mountain up at yarnell hill hehehe. Whooo hoooo yeah baby!!!:pepper::pepper::pepper:

QuarterHorse
04-08-08, 09:09 PM
leave it on....it will make it more fun kickin ur ass at the track....LMAO

crazy ray
04-08-08, 11:25 PM
leave it on....it will make it more fun kickin ur ass at the track....LMAO

You'll need all the help you can get to beat me Bud.:biglaugh:

QuarterHorse
04-09-08, 08:07 AM
Now don't cry when my $10,000 beater kicks ur $30,000 car in the ass...when it happens u can always change ur name to CRYIN Ray.....LOL

04moostang
05-04-08, 07:40 PM
mine never turns on and i've never bought a tuner to turn it off. i bought it used last year. should this be of concern to me?

TruBluScreamer
05-05-08, 06:15 PM
I was just readin through the NHRA Rule book and Traction control systems of any kind are prohibited at the track