PDA

View Full Version : What is up with this?

Radeon
04-14-06, 01:49 AM
Take a look at the link below and scroll all the way down. Where the hell is all this weight coming from compared to the GT?

50 BMG
04-14-06, 08:01 AM
I don't see a link?

But compare the weight of a 2004 or earlier GT with a 2005 or later GT. Just about all of the additional weight is in the new frame.

In response to your question: The "Shelby" weighs that much more cause it's engine is a boat anchor. GT's dont have a 200 pound blower package setup, DOHC iron heads, or a huge 5.4L iron block.

QTRPONY
04-14-06, 03:36 PM
I don't see a link?

But compare the weight of a 2004 or earlier GT with a 2005 or later GT. Just about all of the additional weight is in the new frame.

In response to your question: The "Shelby" weighs that much more cause it's engine is a boat anchor. GT's dont have a 200 pound blower package setup, DOHC iron heads, or a huge 5.4L iron block.

Still no link.

Just curious why you would refer to the 5.4 as a "boat anchor". I figured the added weight would be well worth it for the factory 475HP and the potential to go considerably higher.

I am actually considering buying one of these but I will never buy one new. I figure I will wait until 2008 or 09 and by a used one considering I plan to mod the hell out of it. :twisted:

50 BMG
04-14-06, 05:44 PM
Just curious why you would refer to the 5.4 as a "boat anchor".

Because it weighs at the very least 800 pounds fully dressed. I don't care how much factory hp they have, they have too much weight for it to be worth a shit...

Radeon
04-14-06, 11:42 PM
I don't see a link?

Sorry, I guess I forgot to post the link. Here it is. http://www.svt.ford.com/gt500/index.html

I just dont see how it can weight over 400lbs more than a 05 Mustang GT.
Click on compare and scroll down. Its also showing that the aluminum ford gt heads are the ones being used.

Dave
06-29-06, 12:59 PM
Engine, blower, wheels, brakes, interior, suspension. That all adds up to the extra weight.