PDA

View Full Version : San Tan Ford?

Tatsu007
04-17-08, 08:42 PM
OK, I know there was a thread about doing something with San Tan Ford on the 26th or a show or something. Does anyone have any more information on it? :redface:

AZSonicSnake
04-17-08, 08:53 PM
been asking for that for weeks now..lol...

05mustangman
04-17-08, 09:40 PM
yea ive heard info about it too but am unable to confirm or find anything else out. haha

desslok40
04-21-08, 01:25 PM
I called San Tan today and they said Copper club is having a car show, here is the word file of the email they sent me, calendar of April events.

They also said they would be on location at Firebird for the Monster Truck
stuff this weekend.

Tatsu007
04-21-08, 06:42 PM
For some reason I can't open the file. Can someone post it here or copy /paste it here? Thanks! :pinkthumb:

Jacostang
04-21-08, 09:39 PM
Funny stuff them using our name and we have never been contacted by them!!!

Rev'n Kevin
04-21-08, 09:41 PM
For some reason I can't open the file. Can someone post it here or copy /paste it here? Thanks! :pinkthumb:

This is all it says, funny how no one at CMC seems to know anything about it.
What's the story Jacostang? Is this legit or what?

Anniversary Party - Sat Apr 26, 10am- 3pm
CopperState Mustang Club Car Show
FREE Food & Drinks

Jacostang
04-21-08, 09:48 PM
WE are sponsored by Berge and No Body has called me or sent the club an invitation to anything over there.... Don't have a clue on what they are trying to pull off?????

Torchmach
04-21-08, 10:31 PM
Sounds like Greg needs to make an official call, and ask what they think they are doing.

AZSonicSnake
04-21-08, 11:32 PM
kinda what i was thinking...thats interesting...

05mustangman
04-21-08, 11:57 PM
hmmm... well since they say they are having a mustang show. ill prolly head down there saturday then. see whats up with it.

CDW63
04-22-08, 08:37 AM
I have no affliation with either Berge or Santan, but there is no reason we can't be sponsered by more than one Ford dealership. Is someone from Copperstate contacting Santan management today?

Greg@BergeFord
04-22-08, 10:09 AM
I have no affliation with either Berge or Santan, but there is no reason we can't be sponsered by more than one Ford dealership. Is someone from Copperstate contacting Santan management today?

Well actually, yes there is a problem with having another Ford dealer sponsoring the CMC. Berge Ford not only supports the CMC, we also have a very large financial contribution to the club. There is a lot the Berge does to support the club... i.e. flyers, mailers, Mustang mirror, advertising, promotions, graphic designs, car show host, meeting room host, door prizes, trailor advertisement wrap, and lastly, special CMC vehicle pricing!

Much of this is only really seen buy the 20% that actually show up to the meetings and that are on the board. San Tan Ford has not asked for permission to use the CMC name for this promotion. When David the President of the CMC says that we are not participating it this show, we should support him and not show up.

svtrichie
04-22-08, 12:48 PM
I am with Greg on this. Berge seams to do quite a bit for the club and it wouldn't be fair to them to have another dealer sponser.

Rev'n Kevin
04-22-08, 01:00 PM
Right on, I am not going either, Berge is our sponser, I really think this is some kind of joke, if you show up, there will more than likely be nothing happening, and somebody will tell you, you've been had. Maybe a left over April fools joke? btw, Thanks Greg we appreciate all Berge does for us, now can we talk club window stickers for our cars? :biglaugh:

Rev'n Kevin
04-22-08, 01:05 PM

Are you a member of Copperstate, if so then you are affliated with Berge, if not, then get with the program mister.:biglaugh:

Trick Pony
04-22-08, 03:27 PM
Greg is absolutely right. Berge is our one and only sponsor. We owe them our loyalty.

AZSonicSnake
04-22-08, 10:10 PM
yeah, i was thinkin about going since its a mustang show, that was until i saw them using the copperstate name without any permission. thats kinda a bum thing to do on thier part.

Rev'n Kevin
04-22-08, 10:33 PM
Let's go rent a bunch of Chevy's and block their entrance. :laughing:

kbldoc
04-23-08, 08:31 AM
Greg is absolutely right. Berge is our one and only sponsor. We owe them our loyalty.

I agree, Greg and Berge Ford have been great!!!

RockysMom
04-23-08, 09:32 AM
I feel the same, Berge is our sponsor and thats that!!!! No one should go or even support this since they did not ask for permission from us. Greg has been a great contribution to the club and it would be a shame if any one of you go there to support this. Its like stabbing Berge in the back for all that they have done for us. Its sad that they have to lie to get mustangs to come there. Shame on them!!!!!

Blackmagic1
04-23-08, 11:00 AM
Let's go rent a bunch of Chevy's and block their entrance. :laughing: LOL !!:laughing1::laughing1::pepper:

desslok40
04-23-08, 11:29 AM
Geez , didn't mean to open a big can of worms !! I just got the email and figured I would find out what the story was, these businesses try to get away with everything nowadays, its sad !!

Chris B.
04-23-08, 02:17 PM
Berge is OUR SPONSOR and Greg has personally done a lot for the club on his own time, they have done a tremendous job!! I will not be going to Santan any time soon. I know Dave called them about using CMC's name without our permission and they never responded.

Martimus
04-24-08, 09:00 AM
I think this may need a bit of clarification!!

Since San Tan Ford used CMC's name without permission I think it would most definitely be prudent that CMC did not acknowledge or participate in the show! People who show up at the San Tan Show should definitely NOT see the CMC trailer or people wearing CMC name tags!! Having no CMC participation at the show will hopefully be an embarassment for management at San Tan Ford! :laughing:

If, on the other hand, an individual wanted to attend to the San Tan show I think that would be their choice so long as they weren't representing CMC. Berge Ford has done a lot of great things for CMC! What concerns me, however, is that it almost sounds like some are inferring that CMC members should ONLY participate in dealership shows at Berge Ford.

Note: If my schedule allowed (which it currently does not) I've love to stop by the San Tan show just to see how many Mustangs showed up! My guess is without support from a major Mustang club here in the valley they'll be hard pressed to get more than two dozen cars total!!!

RockysMom
04-24-08, 09:06 AM

Since San Tan Ford used CMC's name without permission I think it would most definitely be prudent that CMC did not acknowledge or participate in the show! People who show up at the San Tan Show should definitely NOT see the CMC trailer or people wearing CMC name tags!! Having no CMC participation at the show will hopefully be an embarassment for management at San Tan Ford! :laughing:

This below is not what we are saying at all as we have done things at other dealerships, Yes it is your choice if you want to go, The problem being is that we were not asked nor did we give permission for them to use our name. That is the problem!!.......

If, on the other hand, an individual wanted to attend to the San Tan show I think that would be their choice so long as they weren't representing CMC. Berge Ford has done a lot of great things for CMC! What concerns me, however, is that it almost sounds like some are inferring that CMC members should ONLY participate in dealership shows at Berge Ford.
It is your choice, But dont represent CMC thats all

Jacostang
04-24-08, 10:59 AM

Note: If my schedule allowed (which it currently does not) I've love to stop by the San Tan show just to see how many Mustangs showed up! My guess is without support from a major Mustang club here in the valley they'll be hard pressed to get more than two dozen cars total!!!

I know, but our members attend car shows all over the place at different dealers Like Sanderson, Pioneer etc but The problem here is that they used our name and made it look like "we" were having a show. I don't see it anywhere but in the e-mails that were sent out. We are helping Rim Country with their first show and they are sponsored by White so I think we all just got a little miffed that they used our name without permission and so did Berge which I can understand!! Berge and Greg has Been everything a car club could hope to have in a sponsor!!

Rev'n Kevin
04-24-08, 01:06 PM
Like Dave says you want to go, go, but leave the CMC shirt, name tag, hat or what ever would ID you with CMC home. As for me, I ain't goin' period, there's more than one carshow going on in town, on that day. :biglaugh:

Rev'n Kevin
04-24-08, 01:28 PM
Maybe it was a typo and should have been CMSC - Copperstate Mustang Scooter Club :biglaugh:
http://homepage.mac.com/kevin_hux/Mustang/JerryC-1960M.jpg

wickedcobra
04-24-08, 01:40 PM
Sounds like one of the CMC members told some one at San Tan they would be there but didnt talk to the right people first.