PDA

View Full Version : weird noise??

YellowGT5.0
04-17-08, 11:46 PM
I cannot explain it very well over typing so if anyone lives in the gilbert area and knows quite a bit about cars it would be awesome to meet somewhere to figure out what this noise is and where its coming from.

Ill do the best i can to explain it.

The noise is coming from the drivers side infront of me. When im just sitting at an idle ill hear it every once in a while, when Im driving i constantly hear it. This noise is like a click sounding it sounds just like if someone were to throw a small rock at my fender. i know alot about cars but for some odd reason i cant seem to find out where this noise is. Its driving me insane!
:furious:

IMSHAKN
04-17-08, 11:53 PM
It really depends on the ticking noise I'd think. Would have to hear it to even take a guess. It does it at idle, correct? Have you tried tracing it down with a mechanics stethoscope or is it not frequent enough to be able to trace it down this way? Are you noticing any trends on when it does it?

YellowGT5.0
04-18-08, 12:25 AM
It really depends on the ticking noise I'd think. Would have to hear it to even take a guess. It does it at idle, correct? Have you tried tracing it down with a mechanics stethoscope or is it not frequent enough to be able to trace it down this way? Are you noticing any trends on when it does it?

After its been running at idle it does make this tick noise. I have not diagnosed it completely hense i have a fuel leak problem them im fixing tomorrow, but my next step is fixing this noise. It does it when im just cruising along its an every now and then noise not a continuous noise (no consistancy)