PDA

View Full Version : Doing a few mods to the Cobra

BLK03SVT
04-18-08, 08:35 AM
So yesterday I took the trip down to PSR. Place is packed full of cars and it's good to see business is flowing well for them! I having the following done:

Spec 3+ Clutch
26 spline input shaft
Billetflow IRS Brace
H&R Race Springs

Right now I have the eibach prokit springs and they didn't give me the drop I wanted so I'm going to try the H&R's. Hopefully they'll drop the car more and get rid of the slight rake I have. So while I'm getting the clutch put in, anyone have any other mod suggestions?

Yea yea yea I know...whipple.....turbo....solid.....:biglaugh:

svtrichie
04-18-08, 09:33 AM
You will be much more happy with the h&r springs. I made the same mistake and installed eibachs in the cobra that I had. Also had too much rake so h&r's went in the next day.

wickedcobra
04-18-08, 10:01 AM
I think the rake that Eibach gives the car is sweet.

Have them do the head cooling mod while the tranny is out!!!

BLK03SVT
04-18-08, 11:02 AM
I think the rake that Eibach gives the car is sweet.

Have them do the head cooling mod while the tranny is out!!!

Already had that done when they built the stroker. Thanks though!

wickedcobra
04-18-08, 11:47 AM
What kind of gears do you have? If stock 3:55s Id opt for something like the 3:73 or 3:90. Im running 3:73s and that was an eye opening mod.....

BLK03SVT
05-09-08, 07:30 PM
Well got the car back today. I added a heat exchanger to the list while the car was down there. The H&R's gave it a much better drop in the rear, but the front isn't as good as it was. I'm hoping it will settle a bit as I drive it. As for the clutch- it's 100% better, minus the slight chatter I get, which will hopefully diminish as I break it in. Much quicker engagement and pedal feel is night and day. It's going to be tough to go 500 miles of stop and go traffic for a breakin when I drive the car less than 1200 miles a year!!! Next mod is a better set of wheels and tires then the wipple in November.

About2Bite
05-09-08, 08:13 PM
Which Whipple? 2.3?

You could cut the stock springs and get the exact drop you want. Just a thought.

I'm thinking some some FLSFC is coming up soon but first a clutch. You went with the Zoom right? I really want to give the Zoom ZVT Stage 3 a shot but don't want anything to agressive for the street, maybe i'll be the Guinea pig and try it out.

Josh

BurnTire
05-09-08, 08:23 PM
Which Whipple? 2.3?

You could cut the stock springs and get the exact drop you want. Just a thought.

I'm thinking some some FLSFC is coming up soon but first a clutch. You went with the Zoom right? I really want to give the Zoom ZVT Stage 3 a shot but don't want anything to agressive for the street, maybe i'll be the Guinea pig and try it out.

Josh

Think he went with the Zoom Factor 3.

BLK03SVT
05-09-08, 08:55 PM
I did- Zoom 3, but I'm trying to find out if it's the ZVT or not. it was around 400 bucks or so.

About2Bite
05-09-08, 08:56 PM
Think he went with the Zoom Factor 3.

Yeah, he did. Not the ZVT, I just noticed his original post has the Spec clutch rather than the Zoom :yes:

BLK03SVT
05-09-08, 08:58 PM
Josh you gotta get the flsfc's....excellent mod for sure. I know on a vert it's night and day. 2.3 it will be, and tonight I just put away my first 500 bucks towards it.....gee, 10 times that and I'm there...LOL.

BurnTire
05-09-08, 09:02 PM
What the heck is a ZVT?

BLK03SVT
05-09-08, 09:05 PM