PDA

View Full Version : You might live in Michigan.....

RockysMom
04-27-08, 11:18 AM
1) If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Michigan.

2) If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights
each year because Pellston is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Michigan

3) If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November though March, you might live in Michigan

4) If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of thyear, you might live in Michigan.

5) If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Michigan.

6) If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Michigan.

7) If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time, you might live in Michigan.

8) If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might
live in Michigan.

9) If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Michigan.

10) If being unemployment is not temporary thing and it is your career, you might live in Michigan.

11) If will driving south on I-75 or any other route you see a sign as your crossing the states border that reads " Last one out of Michigan, turn out the lights", you might live in Michigan.

12) If after the wedding, everyone goes to eat at the nearest White Castles or at the reception, cases of frozen White Castle burgers are catered in, you might live in Michigan.

Part 2 - You know you're a true MICHIGANDER when . . .

1.'Vacation' means going up north on I-75

2. You measure distance in hours.

3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

4. You often switch from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day.

5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.

6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).

7.You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
unlocked.

8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.

9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Jacostang
04-27-08, 11:34 AM
Nice!!!

silvrsvt
04-27-08, 01:12 PM
I always heard about how cold that place is in the winter. I lived there last summer and between the warm days and the dreadful humidity I probably sweated 40 lbs over the summer!

BTW- I was a door to door sales man....

saleenfiend17
05-14-08, 12:36 PM
5) If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in LOUISIANA.

6) If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in LOUISIANA.

7) If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time, you might live in Michigan.

8) If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might
live in LOUISIANA.

9) If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in LOUISIANA.

10) If being unemployment is not temporary thing and it is your career, you might live in LOUISIANA.

Part 2 - You know you're a true LOUISIANIAN when . . .

2. You measure distance in hours.

3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

4. You often switch from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day.

5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of RAIN during a raging HURRICANE, without flinching.

6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings, CHURCH, & FUNERALS).

7.You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
unlocked AND WIDE OPEN

8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them. ALONG WITH THE SPARE TIRE AND TOOLBOX IN THE BACK

9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to BREATHE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO RELIEVE FROM SWEATING.
:pepper::pepper::pepper:

ADD SOME LOUISIANA OPINIONS