PDA

View Full Version : Toy Run This Year??

hpmotzd
04-29-08, 10:07 AM
OK, everyone, I need some input. I was given a good idea on Saturday night by one of our potential new members to do a toy run this year for christmas for toys for tots. I think if we are going to do it, we need to start planning it soon because late November, early December come quicker than you think. If we are going to do this, i think we will need 4 or 5 people dedicated to getting it done and organized. My questions right now are: Does anyone think this is a good idea? Who would be interested in helping make this happen? Should we organize it for JUST Mustangs or invite any type of vehicle and get all of the people at the 91st and Northern cruise involved?
Im just looking for some input at this point to see if its worth going farher with this idea. :stang3:

1966PonyGirl
04-29-08, 11:21 AM
OK, everyone, I need some input. I was given a good idea on Saturday night by one of our potential new members to do a toy run this year for christmas for toys for tots. I think if we are going to do it, we need to start planning it soon because late November, early December come quicker than you think. If we are going to do this, i think we will need 4 or 5 people dedicated to getting it done and organized. My questions right now are: Does anyone think this is a good idea? Who would be interested in helping make this happen? Should we organize it for JUST Mustangs or invite any type of vehicle and get all of the people at the 91st and Northern cruise involved?
Im just looking for some input at this point to see if its worth going farher with this idea. :stang3:

i am totally intrested in helping out with this! if we get everyone involved, there will be more for the kids, so open it up to the cruise in.

hpmotzd
04-29-08, 11:42 AM
Thanks, thats kind of what i was thinking also. The more the better!

1966PonyGirl
04-29-08, 11:59 AM
we will have to mention at the meeting. ill email kenny a list of what we need to talk about!

WildBill
04-30-08, 09:06 AM
I'd say open it to all vehicles.

I think you can still get the Grunts to come out to pick up all the toys at whatever place you end up holding this.
I've done lots of Toys For Tots where a toy was admittance to the track.

Mr. Austin
04-30-08, 10:38 AM
alright honestly i have seen this done manytimes with my dad on his harley and this CAN be an amzing run or sucks. no middle. and if were going to do it IMO we should open it to everyone and if we do this why do we make a show out of it? if were planning this far ahead we can make some wonders happen here. im not saying go out of the way but i am saying lets make this one sick show so we can come back and do it again every year so your children can do it for the 50th aniversary. IMO. If your open to ideas i do have some if i just made an idiot of myself well heck tell me to shut up.

hpmotzd
04-30-08, 11:28 AM
LOL, you didnt make an idiot of yourself. I am looking for ideas so feel free to email them to me. you should have my email address, if not its on the club listing you got at the last meeting. :stang3:

Blown66
04-30-08, 02:57 PM
Tell us more of your idea. I know the Rod Club (Over the Hill?) use to do the toy run to Wickenburg. Are you saying to go on a drive like they do and end in a show? Or are you saying to have a local show?

Either way I'd like to include Pioneer Ford on some level, I suspect they could help with some things also.

Def. make it open to everyone...

Little more info please. Maybe a three part deal...bring toys to the cruise on 91st for the month of November. Then join in on the run the first week of December...and a third thing. lol

Mr. Austin
04-30-08, 04:20 PM
well one really big i dea i have bee sitting on all day since i read this is why dont we have a huge meet of mustangs only somewhere not to far but out of town up north or maybe the white tanks. and cruise over somewhere downtown(Fair Grounds?!?) remember how they wanted to include other sites in a cruise well do the same for this but with everything and anything you can think of. when we get there we bring the toys out and that is the entrance fee for everyone. the show is open to all people and all cars (EXCEPT IMPORTS) of all years. the fee to get in for anyone with out a toy or car can be like $$ amount not sure on that but. if visitor has toy to get cool! but money can buy toys. if we do this we need some advertisements made up.

Mr. Austin
04-30-08, 04:21 PM
or have an all for all show plus imports hosted by the AZ Mustangs (every mustang out there) and then mabe all ford or all muscle cars can make it a cruis down there.

Mr. Austin
04-30-08, 04:22 PM
or i also like the wickenberg thought but small town nice for a day show though. cooler weather.

hpmotzd
04-30-08, 04:36 PM
Right now i am thinking of an all car cruise with toys to wickenburg. have everyone meet here somewhere in the morning (91st and northern?), have coffee and BS, then everyone head out at the same time toward Wickenburg. Im thinking of contacting the fire dept out there and see what kind of toy drive they are involved in and meeting up with them somehow. I would like to include all cars and try and get everyone that comes to the 91st ave cruise involved at least. Thats where my idea ends at this point. lol.

Blown66
04-30-08, 11:31 PM
Okay FYI...the long time car club "Remember When" has had a "Toys for Tots" cruise to Wickenburg for as long as I can remember. Now "Remember When" was just forced to close their club down. Is there a new club forming within them? I think we owe a certain amount of respect to them to follow that up.

I have emailed them tonight to see if they are still doing it. If they are I really think we respect and suppor their toy drive. If that is the case...maybe we make our cruise spot a toy raising place???

Just my opinion.

hpmotzd
05-02-08, 08:03 AM
I will check into the "remember when" club situation. I think even if they are doing one, as long as we dont do it the same day, it should be ok anyway but i will check into it to make sure. I was thinking of having our cruise spot be a toy raising place for the month of November at a minimum and collect as many donations as we can. If we get boxes and signs, we can get donations from people going in and out from Target as they drive through. The advantage of a car toy run VS a motorcycle toy run... TRUNKS! LOL. :biglaugh: We can carry a lot more. :stang3:

Mr. Austin
05-02-08, 09:59 AM
true true. didnt even occure to me. and if you make a sign saying mustangs toy drive and have the sign pointing from target to the show you will have people that will come out with a toy. make sure you say who it is going to though.