PDA

View Full Version : Palo Verde Hot Rods Round 4

Craig
05-08-08, 09:48 PM
If any of you guys want to come out to Speedworld on June 7th at 7 PM, we're doing another club race. Nothing big, just trying to round up about 20-25 cars, any make, racecar, streetcar. Going to finally run my GS on slicks again after all these years and see if the wife wants to run the Roush! We'll have our own lane that night, make some time runs and then kick in $20 each and do a bracket race. All money goes back to the racers. Afterwards kick back and relax for a bit. Some of us will probably stay the night at the track. This is just an excuse to get a bunch of guys together for a laid back race. First timers and guys with street tires have made it to the finals at our last races, so you don't have to be a 10 second car to have fun and maybe win some cash. Here's a link to some info. http://www.justanothertoy.com/pvhr4.htm

IMSHAKN
05-08-08, 09:55 PM
Assuming everything goes smooth sailing with the work I need to get the Mach back on the track, count me in. The last Palo Verde Hot Rods meeting at Speedworld was amazing.

Ruckus46gt
05-08-08, 10:38 PM
i'll be in ny that weekend wish i could make it out there

wickedcobra
05-08-08, 10:48 PM
Its gonna be hot but Im in!!

Craig
05-09-08, 07:20 AM
Once the sun goes down it shouldn't be too bad. :sticktonge: If we can get 20-25 cars, it's be nice to pay to the semi finals and maybe at least entry fee back to a few for like quickest ET, best reaction time etc.

03cobrazzz
05-09-08, 08:30 AM
If any of you guys want to come out to Speedworld on June 7th at 7 PM, we're doing another club race. Nothing big, just trying to round up about 20-25 cars, any make, racecar, streetcar. Going to finally run my GS on slicks again after all these years and see if the wife wants to run the Roush! We'll have our own lane that night, make some time runs and then kick in $20 each and do a bracket race. All money goes back to the racers. Afterwards kick back and relax for a bit. Some of us will probably stay the night at the track. This is just an excuse to get a bunch of guys together for a laid back race. First timers and guys with street tires have made it to the finals at our last races, so you don't have to be a 10 second car to have fun and maybe win some cash. Here's a link to some info. http://www.justanothertoy.com/pvhr4.htmim in:biglaugh::highfive:

AZSonicSnake
05-10-08, 11:43 AM
i will be there for sure!!! what awesome events. you guys run a top notch event. very fun!!!

Craig
05-10-08, 11:56 AM
Good to hear you guys are coming back out. We try and keep it simple, not much unlike ourselves :sticktonge: Just have a good time and try and get some guys who have never run the brackets before to give it a shot.

Craig
06-07-08, 06:45 AM
Just trying to figure some numbers out for attendance, anyone coming out to race tonight for sure? I'm running, Rambo with the twin turbo, Mark added nitrous to his 04 Mach, friend had an ex Pro Stock Olds Firenza with a 455, he's going to shake down. We should have our pit set up behind the bleachers at about half track. Time to race :Bucktooth:

AZSonicSnake
06-07-08, 10:37 AM
i am still headed out, and i am bring a friend along that i am gonna try and get to race with us...

IMSHAKN
06-07-08, 12:40 PM
I'm going to be there for sure. I was trying to get a friend out but it looks like he's a no go.

AZSonicSnake
06-09-08, 12:19 AM
what an awesome time!! the palo verde hot rods sure put on a good event. many thanks to the people that make it happen. Especially a big thanks to craigs wife Tonna for signing us all in and keepin us all in check between rounds. what a fun event! i think i have a fairly decent grasp on this bracket racing stuff now, and honestly, cannot wait to do it again. i am still not believing i made it to the finals again. too bad i just got beat, but oh well, atleast i made it there! big time thanks to everyone that helped me while i frantically tried purging the air pocket i developed in the heat exchanger system right before the final. that was a moment that kinda freaked me out a little bit! but what a fun time!!!

Craig
06-09-08, 07:20 AM
Yeah, ya' done good :thmbsup: I'd say you're getting the hang of it. Two finals in a row. You're now tied with Andy for the number of finals! This was the first time a Mustang didn't win the event. I had to give Tonna extra thanks for running around and making sure eveyone was signed up and good to go. Man, I didn't hit the bed until 2 AM. Can't wait until it cools down in a couple of months. Only down side is runnning at night hinders the number of good pictures we can get. I got a few and I'm hoping a few other folks might have got some I can put up on the event page. Thanks again to all the Mustang guys that come out and run!