PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is Firebird starting to s*ck !!

desslok40
05-11-08, 02:40 PM
What has happened to Friday night drags @ Firebird?

Why doesn't this place get it, track is always prepped terribly, they have these VIP cars who take forever to get there full blown race cars out on the strip, and we all have to wait, then they blow up their car or crash !!!

We only have 1 night a week to curb the urge to street race in the East Valley, Firebird makes a good deal of money as there is always a ton of cars, trucks, bikes, station wagons. So why must you wait for 4 hours to get in 2 runs, I call BS. Would be nice if they were a bit more descriminating, Buick LeSabre last week? WTF

I guess after summer I will just make a monthly run up to Speedworld to
get good runs in on a perfectly prepped track, during the day, with not all the waiting and BS.

If Firebird would just put some thought or effort into it , it would be such a fun time, thats the tragedy.

Anybody want to chime in ? Agree/Disagree ?

:biglaugh:

BurnTire
05-11-08, 03:04 PM
I have always had good luck there.

fazm
05-11-08, 03:34 PM
never been able to hook for shit at speedworld myself.

firebird hooks great for me every time i go, some better than others, but always good enough for 1.7 60's with a v6 mustang.

and who cares what cars are there? if a stock kia rio wants to drag race, better there then on the street where he can break the speed limit lol

AZSonicSnake
05-11-08, 04:21 PM
i have only had firebird have decent traction 2-3 times out of all the times i have been there. speedworld is hit or miss too, but tends to be more hit than miss. going out during the day on saturday or sunday is normally far better than the nights. one good thing about speedworld, most every weekend you can either race friday night, saturday during the day and night, and sunday during the day. talk about being accesable!!!

desslok40
05-11-08, 08:41 PM
Thats really what I mean, wonder if there was any way we could persuade Firebird to have once a month test/tune daytime event, don't see why not as they don't have big events every weekend, maybe I expect too much, it is another way for them to make money and more people would attend on the weekend, IMHO.

+1 on the Kia Rio's , those things are fast !!!!!!!

fazm
05-11-08, 09:28 PM
id love to see firebird doing daytime test n tune

desslok40
05-11-08, 10:29 PM
BTW, what are you running on your V6, NOS, blower, turbo ? And don't tell me you are naturally aspirated !!! lol

fazm
05-11-08, 11:02 PM
turbo and a broken trans lol

BurnTire
05-11-08, 11:03 PM
turbo and a broken trans lol

Dude you breaking stuff like me :biglaugh:

AZSonicSnake
05-11-08, 11:11 PM
i would also suggest heading to firebird if you love sitting in the tech line for over an hour..lol....

BurnTire
05-11-08, 11:20 PM
i would also suggest heading to firebird if you love sitting in the tech line for over an hour..lol....

I have never sat more than 10-15 minute. Then again I get there when it opens.

fazm
05-11-08, 11:59 PM
ya i get there before 6:30, no probs in tech for me :)

wickedcobra
05-12-08, 03:02 AM
Dude you breaking stuff like me :biglaugh:

Bent Tire & Broke FAZM :laughing:

wickedcobra
05-12-08, 03:03 AM
desslok40-If you dont want to wait you need to get there early......before all the ricers do

03cobrazzz
05-12-08, 08:41 AM
too much waiting in line and no traction for me at firebird 1.98 best 60 foot and verry picky tech. speedworld is 80%tracktion most of the time capeble of 1.5 60foots and also you can get a lot of info from the staff alot more friendly.:woot2::pinkthumb::pinkthumb::pinkthumb:: pinkthumb:

desslok40
05-12-08, 10:34 AM
I never have any issues in tech, of course I am N/A so nothing special, I have noticed they are definately more picky than speedworld, but they also have alot
more "non-sports" cars to deal with, like I said before those are fun to see run but not when they break a differential and spew oil all over the track, or when its one of those ricer cars with the missing bumpers, dropping bolts and crap on the track, wish they had domestic night/ import nights, again like Speedworld does !

Nonetheless, its just going to be too hot for a few months now, last week the track was horrible till couple of hours after the sun went down, I think I will just work on cosmetic mods and hold off racing again till OCT

50 BMG
05-12-08, 08:20 PM
Firebird is a damn joke. Went out there for the first time in over a year back in March; I won't be going back there again unless my son wants to see the NHRA nationals.

4+ hours for 2 runs = fail

04moostang
05-12-08, 08:31 PM
I went to firebird for the first time and had a horrible experience (except for when i got to race) i only got 3 runs in the whole night and like someone else said the "VIP" line ugh just made me cry they got in probably 6-7 runs at the least. where's speedworld just for future reference.

AZSonicSnake
05-12-08, 08:40 PM
www.speedworldmotorplex.com (http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com) has all the info!

but i won't talk anymore trash about firebird, since i know the firebird peoples always have a smart comeback. seems like the nahs have it though...lol..

desslok40
05-24-08, 04:55 PM
Thought about going to Firebird last night, cooler temps and some humidity, called around 2pm and the chick who answered the phone said Friday Night Drags were on and it would take a lot of rain to cancel, so I get my drag radials on and head on down, sure enough gates were closed, and it was a beautiful night !! Obviously they just wanted an excuse to cancel cuz of the holiday weekend, that's weak ~!~!

Just lends more credibility to my statement, Friday Night Drags is starting to s*ck !!

fazm
05-24-08, 05:54 PM
funny cuz when i called around noon they said call back later, so i called around 2 or 3, they said they were cancelled for the night

5.0Stanger
06-02-08, 08:01 AM
I don't have many traction issues at Speedworld. But, unless a promoter is running things at Firebird, they don't prep much. If you show up late, you'll most always be waiting forever in tech.

About2Bite
06-19-08, 10:28 PM
Well with all this negativity about Firebird I don't think i'll be taking my car there anytime soon lol