PDA

View Full Version : Wishing in one hand and sh*ting in the other....

Radeon
12-04-05, 09:49 PM
When I get my cobra and put an kenne bell on it, what all will it take to have 700rwhp? I would run at least 100 octane.

Dan
12-04-05, 10:01 PM
I personaly am not impressed with the KB dont get me wrong I would take one if it were given to me but I woundnt waist the money. my stock blower works just fine. I have walked many KB cars so IMO they are a waist andyou will not see a true 700 hp on a mustang dyno only a dyno jet I dyno almost that with my stock set up

50 BMG
12-05-05, 07:31 AM
The best (meaning safest) way to get 700 rwhp on a KB is to run 17-19 PSI, then spray a 75 shot (or whatever you need) to get where you want to be. Don't concentrate so much on the rwhp as the torque...a forced induction car on the sauce = massive torque

The question will be how long the pistons last...there is very little piston to wall clearance on the stock shortblock (.001 inch). With the type of heat these cars have it's a wonder Ford got away with it; it works fine for a stock boost car but when you force than much pressure/heat on the pistons it will scour the piston wall pretty quick. 7 and 8 are the worst, they run about 20 degrees hotter than all the other pistons.

Ask akuma, he did it on a KB at 13 PSI in under 1000 miles. But, he is kinda stupid too though (he knows what I mean).

Heat destroys these cars, and if you want any type of longevity from a car at 15 PSI or more you will need to take steps to do so and above all drive smartly. And don't even **** around with the tune...you can ask just about any 03/04 owner about that. Most of us go through multiple tunes till we find whats right with us.

Gene
12-05-05, 02:56 PM
I personaly am not impressed with the KB dont get me wrong I would take one if it were given to me but I woundnt waist the money. my stock blower works just fine. I have walked many KB cars so IMO they are a waist andyou will not see a true 700 hp on a mustang dyno only a dyno jet I dyno almost that with my stock set up

I disagree. It is a fact that a twinscrew will outperform an eaton anyday. They are more effcient period. Although, most people that have a KB do not buy supporting mods such as larger injectors, aftermarket maf, BAP, and a good tune. Same pulley ratio, a KB or Whipple car will put down more power period. Also, your fuel system will be pretty taxed at 700RWHP. Your Fuel Pump Duety Cycle will be maxed withought an upgrade to your lines from the engine to the hat assembly. I will be going with a JDM or a HBH set up shortly since my injectors are trying to compensate for my maxed out pumps. I will aslo be sending my FPDM to www.mafterburner.com and having it modified.

Akuma
12-05-05, 03:04 PM
Ask akuma, he did it on a KB at 13 PSI in under 1000 miles. But, he is kinda stupid too though (he knows what I mean).

Heat destroys these cars, .

All I have to say is cool it before you do anyother mod.

Any for what Gene said about the 700rwhp being he max on the fuel system. I would like to say he is a little off. Its more like 625-650rwph. I like to keep it safe because you start running into a "starving system" at around 675-700.

Radeon
12-05-05, 03:30 PM
Hey Gene! I need to go for a ride in a kenne bell Cobra.... *hint, hint...

Gene
12-05-05, 04:14 PM

Heat destroys these cars, .

All I have to say is cool it before you do anyother mod.

Any for what Gene said about the 700rwhp being he max on the fuel system. I would like to say he is a little off. Its more like 625-650rwph. I like to keep it safe because you start running into a "starving system" at around 675-700.

LOL! I didn't say "maxed" I said "taxed". His FPDM will go into thermal shut down around 650-700 RWHP. Although, I have proof of a certain 700+ RWHP KB car with the fuel upgrades mentioned in my last post that is at 90% Fuel Pump Duty Cycle. 8)

Gene
12-05-05, 04:17 PM

No problem Ryan. Its even crazier with the sauce. Better bring a change of pants.

50 BMG
12-05-05, 04:25 PM

We have just about every configuration of 03/04 cobra here in Phoenix right now, already registered on this board.

Get plenty of rides and you'll know what you want.

The only way I'm unimpressed with the twin screws is for the gains they provide over the latest steigemeier port for the big $$$ outlay the KB/whipple costs.

That being said, I'm buying a whipple for other reasons, mainly: 1) Matching my boost delivery to my aftermarket cams. 2) lowering the IAT2 temps.

Dan
12-05-05, 08:38 PM
the kb is a nice piece, but I hardly see the worth of the unit and a 100 shot when it has a hard time pulling a stock blower car with a lil n02 I know this and have it on video (Akuma was the chase car) I'm not saying that it is a worthless mod what I am saying is that you are booted from the track at 11:50s so what is the point when a stock blower car with a pulley, exhaust and a lil n02 will throw you well below that time frame. and with the cost of that unit one could go to a turbo for about the same cost and then spend there money in other needed areas like the POS trans

just my .02

Radeon
12-05-05, 09:00 PM
I definately want to ride in a turbo cobra as well. Might help me make up my mind. I just see how a turbo can be worth an extra $3-4K. I think the hp kit is around $8K if I remember correctly. I really love the sound of the kb, plus I love low end tq.

50 BMG
12-05-05, 10:20 PM
You want a ride ask Akuma, he took me and liquidsnake for a ride at over 160 MPH down the 101 between the scottsdale exit and the frank lloyd wright exit heading south. F*cking retarded. That car pulled hard too for only 13 PSI, first time I ever drove it was @ firebird. Had brand new corso's on it, went around the water trap and ran a 13.3 @ 121 on a 4.0 upper, stock lower (13 PSI). Then he went and did like 185 MPH for 3-4 minuets on I-10 and fried 7 and 8.

I don't want a turbo kit...only cause all the vids I've seen of turbo terminators sound like shit to me.

I'd rather have a 4" cowl hood on my car with a 5.4 DOHC Ford GT engine (punched and stroked to a conservative 5.8 L) in there mated to a 3.3L whipple on the top. Ya, it will never be as fast as Kyle's black bastard or some other choice cobra's int he works around here, but it's more than fast enough for me and will sound dead wicked at the same time. I'd rather sound good and go fast instead of sounding like a SRT4 or EVO.

Akuma
12-06-05, 05:43 AM
Wow.. thanks for telling the full story for me, and come on "I'd rather sound good and go fast instead of sounding like a SRT4 or EVO." dont be a hater.

Dan
01-28-06, 07:00 AM
bwahahahahahahaha dosnt your car have to be finished to sound like anything???? im sure right now Kyle would take a vw bug sound than the one he has to listen to on the way to school now lol.. how do you spell turbo cobra B.M.W lol just messin kyle guess what? it is the end of jan. and you still dont have your car. Im sure glad SVC does what they say they are going to do........

BurnTire
01-28-06, 09:30 AM
Dan you sound like an SVC Fan. LOL

bwahahahahahahaha dosnt your car have to be finished to sound like anything???? im sure right now Kyle would take a vw bug sound than the one he has to listen to on the way to school now lol.. how do you spell turbo cobra B.M.W lol just messin kyle guess what? it is the end of jan. and you still dont have your car. Im sure glad SVC does what they say they are going to do........

Dan
01-29-06, 04:22 PM
hell yea Im there number one fan.. when i need my car to lay low for a year Ill take it there for some work

finally
05-12-06, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone
I just bought my first cobra (2004 16k miles) .I've wanted one for years and i can not believe the power that this car has. I look forward to meeting and talking to some of you in the future. The car has some up grades pullies , intake, and exhuase . I hope to get some pictures on the net soon.

Gene
05-12-06, 04:40 PM
I don't want a turbo kit...only cause all the vids I've seen of turbo terminators sound like shit to me. :mrgreen: O shit son!

50 BMG
05-12-06, 10:17 PM
And they still sound like shit in comparison...:???: I hate BOV's unless they sound like certain species of fowl:D I'll live with it.

Dan made me an offer I cannot refuse. Most will/would call bullshit if I told them the price we have agreed on for ALL the turbo parts (including supporting parts to the turbo system), ALL the labor, and ALL the tuning.

Venomous Bite
05-12-06, 11:07 PM
Maybe they have BOV's that sound like peacocks.:p

50 BMG
05-13-06, 10:05 PM
Maybe they have BOV's that sound like peacocks.:p

Damn right. All 3 of us could use that! ****in Pavao peacocks:p

BurnTire
05-13-06, 11:14 PM
And they still sound like shit in comparison...:???: I hate BOV's unless they sound like certain species of fowl:D I'll live with it.

Dan made me an offer I cannot refuse. Most will/would call bullshit if I told them the price we have agreed on for ALL the turbo parts (including supporting parts to the turbo system), ALL the labor, and ALL the tuning.

Sell a house?

50 BMG
05-14-06, 07:14 AM
Sell a house?

No I have a fat commission check coming my way.