PDA

View Full Version : 1995 V6 3.8L Cruise control out

machgirl
05-12-08, 06:46 PM
I am very frustrated guys/gals. I just replaced the buttons/switches on the cruise in my 95 sixer and its still not working.
How it started was this: my brake lights went out about 3 weeks ago, well turns out the brake light switch or whatever you call it on the brake pedal, the wires were torn off the switch on one of the pins and that's what caused the lights to stop working. WELL, 4 days after that, the CC stopped working. I thought maybe it was my switches/buttons....so I have replaced them. ITS NOT THAT.....what else can it be???

mustangvsix
05-22-08, 03:39 PM
The cruise control is also an actual wire just like the throttle cable, did you check under the hood to see if the wire had snapped or become loose or get too much slack in the line some how? That is all I can think of, not really good with wiring.

machgirl
05-22-08, 04:03 PM
I figured it out. The cable next to the throttle cable is the CC cable...part of the plastic holding it together broke off, and that's what was preventing the cable from working.
Now I have a new problem GAH! The lock cylinder for the ignition busted, and I've been trying to fix it with a new lock cylinder, well I cant get the darn thing into the shaft. I got it in last nite, I dont remember what I did to get it in, but it did. BUT now it wont go in.