PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 2 GT supercar Fuel pumps. ? inside

Gene
04-25-06, 12:50 PM
Does anyone think I'll need a retune? Has anyone on here done this yet? Dan?

matt
04-25-06, 01:01 PM
I would think to maximize the pumps you will need a retune. I assume you are going to use a modified fuel pump driver and have someone modify the hat to accept the pumps.

sovapid
04-25-06, 02:28 PM
Pretty sure someone asked a similar question on modfords and got a yes to that question.

Dan
04-25-06, 05:47 PM
wow i just went to my supplyer and bought 2 of them too they cost me 180.00 and some change If you need me to get you a pair let me know they are here and in stock.

matt
04-26-06, 12:04 PM
Thought I would add the link from Modular Fords. Good info.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/just-ordered-ford-gt-fuel-pumps-what-else-do-i-need-50200.html

Dan, any chance you might be able to get a hold of the FPDM from MJ Chip (Zone 5 Performance)?

Gene
04-26-06, 02:52 PM
MAtt, thanks for posting my link. I just ordered a modified FPDM for 2 hundo. We'll see how this works with mine, I'm obviously the test car for 60's, bap, modified FPDM, and the 2 gt pumps with no re-tune. I'll post what happends.

Dan
04-26-06, 03:24 PM
well Gene you bought your stuff from where i bought mine lol that is funny but you will need a retune due to fuel pump cycle is going to change. this is my opinion.

Gene
04-26-06, 04:56 PM
well Gene you bought your stuff from where i bought mine lol that is funny but you will need a retune due to fuel pump cycle is going to change. this is my opinion.

LOL! Yes, it sure is nice that Jim is a friend of the family. I should have my pumps tomorrow.

Dan
04-26-06, 06:23 PM
I had mine the same day and then he called me and asked me if i wanted more because I guess you went in the day after me and ordered yours lol that is funny shit

Gene
04-27-06, 10:03 AM
let me know when you hook yours up so I can learn a thing or two. Gene

evil04cobra
04-28-06, 02:27 AM
I don't think you'll need a re-tune, Gene. The PCM will duty cycle the FPDM based on the Delta pressure required as signalled from the FRPS. And since you are getting a FPDM modded to handle the extra current from the GT pumps, I am sure you'll be fine. If anything, you'll have to cut back drastically on the added voltage from the BAP.

Cheers,

PARKER

Gene
04-28-06, 09:47 AM
Mike, give me a call buddy.

Screamn03
05-01-06, 03:48 PM
Gene, you'll need to retune your fuel pump voltage table as it won't be correct with the GT pumps. Since the GT pumps are physically able to supply more fuel you will need to fine tune that table.

The PCM looks up the correct voltage to send to the pumps based on two things, Target_RAP (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/sct/define-target_rap-43569.html)(x-axis)and calculated fuel flow (y-axis). With bigger pumps you will have to send less voltage to the pumps (compared to the stock pumps) to supply the same amount of fuel flow.

The car will start and run and drive around but if you datalog pressure drop across the injectors you will most likely find it going up and down as the PID part (I still don't understand this part fully) corrects based on the delta_p being read by the FRPS.

This returnless shit is a trip :)

Gene
05-01-06, 05:05 PM
Gene, you'll need to retune your fuel pump voltage table as it won't be correct with the GT pumps. Since the GT pumps are physically able to supply more fuel you will need to fine tune that table.

The PCM looks up the correct voltage to send to the pumps based on two things, Target_RAP (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/sct/define-target_rap-43569.html)(x-axis)and calculated fuel flow (y-axis). With bigger pumps you will have to send less voltage to the pumps (compared to the stock pumps) to supply the same amount of fuel flow.

The car will start and run and drive around but if you datalog pressure drop across the injectors you will most likely find it going up and down as the PID part (I still don't understand this part fully) corrects based on the delta_p being read by the FRPS.

This returnless shit is a trip :)

I know, I'm having second thoughts and want to go with the PHP return kit. The shitty thing is, I'm going to have to buy the x-cal2 to data log everything that I want (predator does not have that many options) and have James re-tune for the turbo.

Dan
05-01-06, 07:34 PM
I have one of thoes in stock Gene

Gene
05-01-06, 09:26 PM
I have one of thoes in stock Gene

Damnit Dan! LOL! Stop making me spend my kids tuition money. What does it come with and how much? So far, I have the Modified FPDM and GT pumps. Can I still use those? Also, shoot me a pm for the price of an xcal2. I'm ordering one tomorrow, so I thought I'd give you a try first. Actually, I'm ordering a bunch of shit tomorrow. Mainly the fuel system upgrade and xcal 2. MD motorsports has a pretty sweet fule line upgrade with -8 line from the hat to the stock rails and a highflow filter for 5 hundo. Gene

Dan
05-02-06, 10:57 AM
335.00 in stock this is for a blank one so you can down load your own program in to it.

DRI_Rob
06-14-06, 01:32 PM
yea you will need to do a retune as well as pick up a zone-5 modified fpdm which we do have in stock at our shop here.