PDA

View Full Version : ideas for a catback for a v6

Built4speed
05-27-08, 06:23 PM
im looking into getting a catback for my v6. currently i just have magnaflow mufflers. any ideas?

mustangvsix
05-27-08, 06:42 PM
I have the Mac Y-pipe system and love the sound of it. If you already have an 'h' or 'x' pipe of some sort then just get the Mac system that fits to that, I think you would be very pleased with the sound.

Built4speed
05-27-08, 11:40 PM
I have the Mac Y-pipe system and love the sound of it. If you already have an 'h' or 'x' pipe of some sort then just get the Mac system that fits to that, I think you would be very pleased with the sound.

i have the stock cats. i only have the mufflers so im looking for the whole system. so the mac y-pipe is good? how much is it?

04moostang
05-28-08, 02:33 AM
Y pipes are kinda quiet. I heard mustangvsix's set-up and it sounds really nice. but go for a catted-h / x pipe you'll get a better tone out of it and a bit louder.

currently i have the Jegs Catback. i've never heard it on the outside so.. IMO from what i can hear it sounds really nice. i've got lots of compliments on it. My route i'm planning on is LT's w/ 2 high-flow cats with either true-duels (no cross over) or an H pipe with flowmasters/force/mac not sure which mufflers i want yet.

hope this helps.

oh and www.macperformance.com (http://www.macperformance.com) you'll find it there.

quickest and easiest way, practically hassle free if you go to the right people. Buy two mufflers. a mid pipe (or have them fab one up for you) take them to a muffler shop, tell them what you want done. ta-da.

About2Bite
05-28-08, 04:29 AM
An off road mid pipe will be louder than a catted mid pipe but i'd check wth your emissions before doing anything, so you know what is legal.

An off road mid pipe will give you a rhaspier sound though, Mac is reasonably priced stuff but unfortunately I dont know who makes exhaust for 6 cylinder Mustangs.

Built4speed
05-28-08, 01:11 PM
ya the emissions laws here are pretty strict. but what would be better a catted h/x pipe or true duals?

Torchmach
06-02-08, 07:02 PM
An off road mid pipe will give you a rhaspier sound though, Mac is reasonably priced stuff but unfortunately I dont know who makes exhaust for 6 cylinder Mustangs.

Check JBA, and Magnaflow. Both have a number of systems for Mustangs. Magnaflow is pricey, but top quality, a real shame to put it under your Car where it can't be seen.

mustangvsix
06-02-08, 07:38 PM
ya the emissions laws here are pretty strict. but what would be better a catted h/x pipe or true duals?

if you have a mid pipe(x or h) then you are running true duals. Just get catted if you are worried about emissions, plus I think the 6 sounds better with a little bit of restriction, you open it up to much and it sounds like crap.

Built4speed
06-03-08, 12:34 AM
i have magnaflow mufflers on a y pipe. i was going to get a X pipe installed soon. plus the pipes are pretty ugly and can be seen easily. so im looking for a little upgrade.

TruBluScreamer
06-03-08, 08:23 AM
I would suggest doin the whole thing including headers but that can be kinda pricy but i have a mac pro chamber with bassani cat backs and the sound is amazing it all just depends on what kinda sound youre lookin for but i get a nice rumble outta mine in the lower rpms and in the higher rpms the car just screams!!!

Built4speed
06-03-08, 11:12 PM
I would suggest doin the whole thing including headers but that can be kinda pricy but i have a mac pro chamber with bassani cat backs and the sound is amazing it all just depends on what kinda sound youre lookin for but i get a nice rumble outta mine in the lower rpms and in the higher rpms the car just screams!!!

i already have a set of headman headers. so bassani are pretty good?

PETE'S392
06-04-08, 12:14 AM
im looking into getting a catback for my v6. currently i just have magnaflow mufflers. any ideas?

pull out the 6cyl. and put a 32 valve... JK..

i put some spyrole mufflers on a friends 6 cyl. and i was vary inpresed with the sound,,, it actuly broke up the hits and made it sound like a 8 even when up on the Rs ... a actuly liked it so much that i got some for my fox, but it sounds totely different as it has 4 1\2 inch muff. plus it has 2 inch headerds and a x pipe,,, i will tri and find the part # from jegs for you......

Built4speed
06-04-08, 12:17 AM
pull out the 6cyl. and put a 32 valve... JK..

i put some spyrole mufflers on a friends 6 cyl. and i was vary inpresed with the sound,,, it actuly broke up the hits and made it sound like a 8 even when up on the Rs ... a actuly liked it so much that i got some for my fox, but it sounds totely different as it has 4 12 inch muff. plus it has 2 inch headerds and a x pipe,,, i will tri and find the part # from jegs for you......

thanks!

PETE'S392
06-04-08, 12:51 AM
here you go

http://www.jegs.com/p/Moroso/744819/10002/-1/10265

TruBluScreamer
06-04-08, 08:24 AM
i already have a set of headman headers. so bassani are pretty good?

IMO Bassani is awesome but it all depends on what youre lookin for??

Built4speed
06-17-08, 03:43 PM
im looking for something to make up for the fact that its a 6 banger. :biglaugh: nothing too loud at idle but i want it to scream when i floor it. what about slp loudmouths with a bbk h or x pipe?

ASUSMC
06-17-08, 04:09 PM
You know what would make up for it...

A Cobra