PDA

View Full Version : 03-04 Recall

Coild1
05-01-06, 01:32 PM
Before careful taking your car to Ford. I took mine in this morning and FORD is now refusing to return my car becasue of a recall. The parts are on order and it may take a week before they get them. But hey, I sporting a 2006 KIA Spectrum :( for the next week. Anyone wanna race??

askiles
05-01-06, 02:05 PM
I just got my letter over the weekend about the recall, and I don't think that I am even going to take it in for it. It just seems like a waste of time to me. I have never had the problem in any way. Has anyone here had the problem with the carpet?

-Andy

Coild1
05-01-06, 03:15 PM
I've never had the problem either. I took mine in because the AC stopped working. Usually I wouldn't care, but with the wife being pregnant and being in the car when the AC went out, I had no choice but to take it in. I haven't even recieved a letter from Ford yet.

MISN3RD
06-13-06, 09:57 PM
recalls suck

BurnTire
06-13-06, 10:16 PM
Cut my carpet fixed. Now I have an accufab. Really fixed with the shorter travel. Ford can't hold you car hostage. I would have took it home and said call me when the parts are in.

trojan
06-14-06, 09:15 AM
Damn coild1 that sucks..

woomaster
06-19-06, 09:22 AM
I don't know if any of you have had the issue with the recall or not but I have had it happen TWICE and all I can say is, thank god for the rev limiter. I think that fords analysis of the pedal sticking on the carpet is flawed. That is what I thought happened the first time about a year ago. The last time that it happened was about 2 weeks before the recall notice. This time, I physically reached down and pulled the gas pedal back and the engine still stayed at WOT(I immediately shut the ignition off and messed with it before restarting, but it kept going right to the rev limiter). Not until I slammed the pedal multiple times as hard as I could to the floor did it finally release...I think that it's a problem somewhere else in the linkage.

Both times that I've had it happen have been with the clutch in and with me quickly stabbing the gas pedal to the floor to ward off a would-be ricer.