PDA

View Full Version : Purge solenoid harness

ITLRUN
06-03-08, 11:24 PM
I've looked everywhere, I'll try to add a picture of one end. It's a wire connector, one end is 3/4 round 1/4 flat and has a two wire female connection. It branches off the harness on the passenger side of the intake, right where the temperature sending unit is. One plugs to the sending unit, and the other is right there like it forks off. I believe it is part of the evap emissions tube, the wire that plugs into the purge solenoid. It plugs into the plug near the sending unit, then plugs into the purge solenoid, one end 3/4 round and the other is square. I know this seems a little stretched out to explain, but it has something to do with the vapor tube going from the tank, to the vapor carbon cannister. Does anyone know where I can find that wire harness? Mike D. ( ITLRUN ).

Stern90LX
06-10-08, 12:26 PM
Fuel Vapor Canister Purge valve wire harness between the valve and the engine harness end eh? Hmmmm, ya know, I don't think I've ever seen those sold separately by anyone but Ford. Not sure they even stock them anymore. I suppose you could dig around the salvage yards for one. Any vehicle that had a 5.0L with emissions control used that same harness and connector types.

ITLRUN
06-10-08, 05:30 PM
Fuel Vapor Canister Purge valve wire harness between the valve and the engine harness end eh? Hmmmm, ya know, I don't think I've ever seen those sold separately by anyone but Ford. Not sure they even stock them anymore. I suppose you could dig around the salvage yards for one. Any vehicle that had a 5.0L with emissions control used that same harness and connector types.
Thanks for the reply, but we have the matter under control. It's only a two wire harness, just clip both ends off and splice into it, works just fine, Mike D. ( ITLRUN ).

ITLRUN
06-13-08, 08:23 PM
No splicing, found one at a local bone yard still attatched to the purge solenoid. Engine gone, but everything else was still there.