PDA

View Full Version : audio/video/security section?

ttocs
06-04-08, 03:29 PM
I am new here but suprised there is no audio/video/security section. The mach systems can be confusing and I am amazed at how many shops still think that you can't add items to it with out replacing everything in the car. They use a couple of funny numbers in their speakers to make it difficult but it actually isn't hard to tweek it with a couple of minor things to make it scream. page 2 of my cardomain page shows how to install a deck in a mach460.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/2

YellowGT5.0
06-04-08, 04:38 PM
I am new here but suprised there is no audio/video/security section. The mach systems can be confusing and I am amazed at how many shops still think that you can't add items to it with out replacing everything in the car. They use a couple of funny numbers in their speakers to make it difficult but it actually isn't hard to tweek it with a couple of minor things to make it scream. page 2 of my cardomain page shows how to install a deck in a mach460.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/2

Stang looks awesome man! I made a custom back seat for mine that fit 2 12" and it sounded amazing and looked good too! im trying to sell them but no body has heard of planet audio so im not getting any hits

About2Bite
06-05-08, 01:35 AM
Cardomains down but you will be suprised as to what some people will tell you needs to be done to put an aftermarket deck in a car, from rewiring the car and replacing the speakers to bypassing amps. While it is necessary in certain vehicles, the vast majority of them can be done without any issues what so ever.

ttocs
06-05-08, 11:01 AM
after working as an installer for years, and having alot of mustang friends back home in indiana gave me alot of experience with the mach systems. They are a little funny but once you understand them bypassing or integrating into them could not be easier. I installed my cd player first and tweeked the 460 to sound much better then it did with the factory deck. I ran that for over a year before I started to rip the rest of it out bit-by-bit

AZSonicSnake
06-05-08, 11:21 AM
not gonna lie, i am rather happy with the mach 460 in my car, even without the box being there in the back deck. but i am guess i am not one of those audio kinda guys, i just like a good sound with a little bass to it. i just get nervous about that 6 disc changer making a lunch out of my cd's. i try to only put burned ones in there for this reason. thats why the main thing i wanna do is swap the headunit. but i am picky, i don't want it done with a single din and one of those plastic stereo install kits.

ttocs
06-05-08, 11:42 AM
sounds like an audio guy to me, just wants to balence the music and performance, just like me. I build that system so that the box and amp-rack can be pulled out in less then 15 mins if I want to go to the track.

Yes it is only a matter of time before it eats your disks, they are little more then a dash mounted audio time bomb. There are a number of double din decks that work and look beautifull in the dash and sound good too. I am not plannin on going anywhere, hit me up when yer ready and will get you rockin.

About2Bite
06-05-08, 03:12 PM
Indiana? Why would you leave that place to come to AZ lol, where in Indiana are you from?

For the most part, based on my experience, a factory deck will outlast the majority of aftermarket decks.

AZSonicSnake
06-05-08, 04:15 PM
considering my car is on its third factory deck...uh... guess my car is the oddball..lol...

ttocs
06-05-08, 04:29 PM
Indiana? Why would you leave that place to come to AZ lol, where in Indiana are you from?

For the most part, based on my experience, a factory deck will outlast the majority of aftermarket decks.

You have never owned a ford factory cd player have you? For some reason they made a rock solid transport system for thier tape decks but never were able to figure out a solid transport mechanism for the cd decks. It is a common error for them to jam and lock up with your disks in them.

I moved here from southern indiana(evansville/newburgh) in july of 2000 after graduating school and getting a job offer out here. Indiana is a great place to be FROM....

About2Bite
06-05-08, 09:11 PM
You have never owned a ford factory cd player have you?

I actually currently own one and it works great :pinkthumb:

Indiana is a great place to be FROM....

Yes it is, I moved here from NW Indiana

wickedcobra
06-06-08, 02:31 AM
Is it possible to make the mach460 system sound better with out changing anything besides the deck?

ttocs
06-06-08, 07:25 AM
You can replace the speakers if you are carefull to match the impedences. The only thing the mach is really lacking is a good solid woofer and you can add that to it and fill it in nicely.

saleenfiend17
06-24-08, 07:21 AM
What I need to know is how to retain the factory quality when you change just the head unit because you loose the amps

YellowGT5.0
06-24-08, 08:16 AM
hey ttocs i sent you a private message. i need to learn how to build a box to match my subs, i want to know what you suggest

ttocs
06-24-08, 09:50 AM
you don't need to loose anything by changing out the deck. Alot of places will tell you that you need replace everything to put in a deck to the mach system and it is just not the case. Get a deck you like and I can put it in for you and with a little tweeking you can make it sound better then stock.

Yellow - I thought of one idea that would work for you to build that big box. do you like your back seat?

If anyone is curious about auto sound/security please feel free to hit me up. I got into the biz because I enjoyed it and still do. I am not free but I am cheap.......

YellowGT5.0
06-24-08, 11:30 AM
i dont have a back seat in there right now but i dont know how to build a box to fit in there...

ttocs
06-24-08, 03:41 PM
ah we can easily fiberglass a box for both of your subs to fit there. I have been considering building a box for a single 15 that would mount there, 2 12s woud not be too hard. Depending on how big and heavy it is, the box would also be able to be removed easily if you wanted to go to the track.....

I got the bolts this morning for the intake. Somehow in the search for them I have misplaced one of the other ones and I am currently turning my house upside down lookin for it........

YellowGT5.0
06-24-08, 04:23 PM
that would be awesome!! let me know when your ready to put the intake on i'd be glad to help you!

ttocs
06-24-08, 04:27 PM
I was able to cut one of the longer bolts that I had to fit. I think I have everything I need now from gaskets to bolts. The only thing I had considered changing was the o-rings on the fuel injectors, not sure if it is needed but since this is probably the first time they have been pulled so I thought it would be a good idea. Let me know when is a good time for you. My garage is not airconditioned but I do have drop-lights to work at night if we need.

YellowGT5.0
06-24-08, 07:59 PM
i have o rings for injectors and pintle caps if needed. My cell phone number is 602-619-2315 i work wednesday and thursday til 9:15 and Friday im off at 12:30pm. So what ever works for you give me a call!