PDA

View Full Version : Cobra/Mach 1 rear brakes to GT brakes

IMSHAKN
06-13-08, 10:51 PM
Anyone have any good sources for finding what I need to swap my Mach 1 brakes out to GT brakes so that I can easily run a 15" wheel with no rubbing? If you've got a lead on where to pick up some used rears from a gt guy converting to cobra brakes, let me know or post up a parts list if you can.

wickedcobra
06-13-08, 11:04 PM
I bought those used diamond racing 15's and I still run the cobra brakes with no rubbing.

IMSHAKN
06-14-08, 12:18 AM
I've got wheels that I don't really have issues with, it's more of a deal where one of my caliper to axle housing brackets is somehow still tweaked no matter how I play with it and it needs to be replaced so I figured I'd bite the bullet and just do it all now since I have to pull the axles to have new studs pressed in so I can legally run my slicks.

IMSHAKN
06-14-08, 06:56 PM
Bump

Wharf Rat
06-15-08, 09:44 AM
It is a pretty easy swap. All you really need is the GT brake brackets and GT discs. The calipers, lines, cables, ect. are all fine. At least that's what I can remember... I went to the GT set up when I put a solid in my Terminator and ran 15x8 Centerline Telstars.

mustangvsix
06-15-08, 11:38 AM
Yep, you just need the GT/V6 bracket and teh Gt/V6 disks. The rest is all the same for the rears.