PDA

View Full Version : lost under the hood, can anyone help?

ttocs
06-19-08, 09:25 PM
My alternator went out this week so I took it out, and took it in to have it rebuilt since it was not all that old and it was only a diode on the rectifier. Now installing and removing an alt is about as far as I have gotten under the hood, I am a stereo guy not a motor buy but I thought while it was out this would be a good time to put on my ported cobra intake. At least I was hoping to that I could get away with just putting the upper on since I have no idea about removing the distributor but now that I have the upper removed I see that the cobra uppper does not match up to the gt lower..... Is there anyone that could help me put the lower on as I am sure I will mess something up on that? I would hate to have to put all the GT stuff back on now that I am this far. I would certainly be willing to pay at least for the beer needed to finish it up and could trade stereo/security work if you need any done.........

IMSHAKN
06-19-08, 10:49 PM
As long as you are sure that it would fit, I could help you get that taken care of. I've had the upper and lower off of my mach in the past when I was playing around. Intake manifolds are rather simple, just need to be careful with things so you don't strip anything out.

What year of GT do you have?

YellowGT5.0
06-19-08, 10:51 PM
I can help you in exchange for a box that fits two 12" subs plus cash if needed. I've done what you are doing twice. I live in the gilbert area and would be happy to help you! i have the same car as your and i just put the same exact intake manifold on mine

ttocs
06-19-08, 11:56 PM
that sounds like what I am lookin for fella's, the more the marrier if we can arrange it. I am an idiot around engines, but not around a wrench. I have the intake, gaskets, and all the odds and ends I think to do it otherwise there are 2 autozones in a short distance away I would just prefer to have somebody with some experience.

yellowgt - thought you were sellin her? I can still help you out though. One box for 2 -12s doesn't fit through the trunk whole so I have built 2 individual boxes to get past this in the past. Be happy to help.

At this point I have the upper removed. I am near val vista and ray.

IMSHAKN
06-20-08, 12:03 AM
What kind of time frame were you looking at getting this done? Sounds like you are set and all ya need is the help. I'm on Val Vista between Guadalupe and Elliot so I'm near by.

YellowGT5.0
06-20-08, 08:41 AM
aright sounds good man i work at autozone on cooper and warner today till 330 im open the rest of the day, you can come by at any time!

ttocs
06-20-08, 08:48 AM
aright sounds good man i work at autozone on cooper and warner today till 330 im open the rest of the day, you can come by at any time!

I think I called that store yesterday, you didn't talk to a guy on the phone about a throttle position sensor yesterday did ya? If so you might get a call from the same dude to see how much a rotor, cap, cables and some plugs cost.....

I have a truck I am using while the stang it torn apart so while I do not NEED it today/tomorrow but it would be nice. If you want to speed it up a little bit feel free to give me a call if you want fellas.

480-390-2132

YellowGT5.0
06-20-08, 02:16 PM
I think I called that store yesterday, you didn't talk to a guy on the phone about a throttle position sensor yesterday did ya? If so you might get a call from the same dude to see how much a rotor, cap, cables and some plugs cost.....

I have a truck I am using while the stang it torn apart so while I do not NEED it today/tomorrow but it would be nice. If you want to speed it up a little bit feel free to give me a call if you want fellas.

480-390-2132

haha yeah that was me that you talked to i may give you a call after work