PDA

View Full Version : east side tech night?

ttocs
06-30-08, 12:27 PM
I saw that the west side club had organized a couple of nights where everyone got together at one persons house on a saterday morning, had a pancake breakfast and helped each other do some work on their cars. I wanted to go but it was a little further then I wanted to drive so I though maybe we could organize something like that on the east side? We all know that there are projects that we want to do on our cars that we may or may not know what to do, or have the tools/hands to do it. I am sure there is somebody in our club that has done it before that could help and maybe there is something you can help them with, we could call it a mechanical pot luck even if there was not food.

yellowgt5.0 has been helping me with the top of my motor recently and I am going to build him a cool box for some subs. I have thought about attacking my exhaust after this, anyone else need some stereo work done?

What are some other projects that club members want to do on their cars? are there any nights that are good or off limits for people if we do get this rollin?

Jacostang
06-30-08, 05:13 PM
That would be fun for sure! Heck I'm getting ready to put the 79 together here shortly but maybe if peopel need help we could get it together!

wickedcobra
06-30-08, 05:15 PM
Im in as long as Im not working

svtrichie
06-30-08, 05:28 PM
I am in, just name a time and place.

HIKER
06-30-08, 05:35 PM
game...

ttocs
06-30-08, 05:45 PM
I was hoping we only needed somebody to get the ball started, and that I could be that guy.

Tanner just left here and today we pulled the replaced the GT lower with the cobra. INstalled the fuel rail, Dist, and a bunch of other little shtuff. I put in a 3/8" spacer which has made the EGR pipe between the exhaust and the upper too short, and I have some vacuum lines that need replacing in hopes that my vents will start to work again. I will probably install the alt and we might get together tomorrow if he has time, it is not my daily driver so we are working on his schedule since he is doing me the favor. If anyone has time and wants to try and make it I can give you a call if it falls into place but I am hoping we can have her started in a couple of hours.

My project in particular might not be the best one to count as our 1rst official meet since we are knee deep in it and can almost see the light now. I personally would just like to know more about cars so if anyone else has a project that they want to start on I would love to help out so that I can learn about them. I have alot of audio/security experience and would love to learn more about just about anything(motor, suspension, ect) so if anyone else is starting a project let me know and if I can make it I will, and if we can schedule it a week or so in advance maybe we can make a party of it.

wickedcobra
06-30-08, 07:11 PM
I wont be available for about 2 weeks. If I dont sell my car which its not looking like I will we could do a East side Turbo install on a Cobra :woot2: and then have some :party-smiley-003:

ttocs
06-30-08, 08:49 PM
I would love to get some turbo or supercharger experience since I would love to put one on....

chewbaccajones
07-01-08, 07:00 PM
and then have some :party-smiley-003:

pfft, I can stand around and do that for sure. I may even have something funny to say.

IMSHAKN
07-01-08, 08:45 PM
I wont be available for about 2 weeks. If I dont sell my car which its not looking like I will we could do a East side Turbo install on a Cobra :woot2: and then have some :party-smiley-003:

Uh oh...has someone been bitten by the turbo bug?:pepper:

wickedcobra
07-01-08, 09:15 PM
Theres a turbo bug rolling around here? :veryhappy: VDUB

IMSHAKN
07-01-08, 09:27 PM
Theres a turbo bug rolling around here? :veryhappy: VDUB

:laughing: Time to unpimp the auto.

Forgot to mention that if anyone does want to do an east side tech night I'm always down to work on cars so long as there's a little notice and I'm free.

ttocs
07-01-08, 09:57 PM
does anyone have any projects the want to do in the next couple of weeks? a month?

88BlownGT
07-01-08, 10:30 PM
I'd show up once I get the car tagged. :pinkthumb:

chewbaccajones
07-01-08, 10:55 PM
:veryhappy: VDUB

:laughing: Time to unpimp the auto.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk60/chewbacca-jones/vw_oh_snap.gif

IMSHAKN
07-01-08, 11:26 PM
does anyone have any projects the want to do in the next couple of weeks? a month?

Only current project I've got that I need to do this weekend is pull the rear axles, swap my mach 1 brakes out to GT brakes, and put in my ARP wheel studs so I can legally run my slicks.

Jacostang
07-01-08, 11:34 PM
How about putting the interior back in the 79 Coupe! It is going to paint next week but as soon as it comes back the interior is going in. Then.. the 5.0 swap, could be a project for us to do. Still putting the final ingredients together. Motor is a 97 Explorer, 8.8 w/3:73. Engine is apart and getting redone need a T5 , bell houising exhaust...BVut it could be very fun!!

JoeT
07-03-08, 09:38 AM
Im not a mechanical genius by any means but Id be in for a learning session, an air conditioned building would be nice! :laughing:

Im contemplating subframe connectors on my 80 Trans Am just havent determined who Id trust to do this welding for me, or which connectors to go with. I know the only way to cure the rattles Ive got is to do this, T-Tops weaken a nearly 30 year old car. Any good welders in the group familiar with adding subframe connectors? Id even go for a good shop on this one, the key for me is perfection and quality. Pontiac guys in Arizona are at a minimum, in fact with us having so many car auctions and shows in the state you'd think there would be more shops like I see on Spike TV here in Az.

Hey lets get Berge Ford to open up a few stalls for us on a Sunday! hint, hint. Probably cant happen since its has liability issue's.

Id also be interested in a short throw shifter install for the stang.

ttocs
07-03-08, 12:49 PM
That would be cool if our sponsor could step up and help out with a facility or anything really. I would think at the minimum that they could sell some parts, but make some friends as well. I would not even know who or where to ask that question to, I am still kinda new around here.........

Those all sound like great projects as well. If you guys have an idea of when you are going to do it lets try and get something organized. Even if it is just a easy going few of us I would like to get some experience and be willing to lend a hand.

Anyone know if this could float, or who to ask?

svtrichie
07-03-08, 01:12 PM
I really don't think that we need an air conditioning place to work. Nothing a couple of beers after the job will cool ya off.

IMSHAKN
07-03-08, 01:16 PM
I doubt this is going to float because the only part of the service department open on a Sunday at Berge are the 5 or 6 bays with lifts that are in their prep area, which is open from open to close during the opening hours of the new car/used car sales floors. The man you would need to contact would be Ed Baker, the service manager @ Berge. I think it is a long shot due to OSHA regulations and concerns regarding theft because you would be in an area where keys to vehicles are readily accessible, access to the tools of the alarm/accessory techs, etc. If you guys would like to ask about club discounts on parts or something to that line the man you need to search for goes by the name of radar.

Any other questions, ask.

Sqrlnts
07-03-08, 07:49 PM
I am down for meeting up, just need some time to plan for it. I am actually knee deep installing my 306 in the 91 hatch. I have a detailed thread on SBFTech here (http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,13368.0/topicseen.html) so I can get help and also be laughed at!! Just got the engine bolted in last night. Things should really move from here on out.

JoeT is right, It sucks ass trying to work in this heat. No way around it though.

JoeT
07-03-08, 10:48 PM
Im loving life tonight though Im in Heber/Overgaard and it was a high today of 88 and rained, and currently its 67 at 9:50pm! To bad I can ever bring the stang here, damn dirt roads, but I had this place before I bought the stang. Thought Id boast on the weather!

Sqrlnts
07-03-08, 11:18 PM
Im loving life tonight though Im in Heber/Overgaard and it was a high today of 88 and rained, and currently its 67 at 9:50pm! To bad I can ever bring the stang here, damn dirt roads, but I had this place before I bought the stang. Thought Id boast on the weather!

I don't really like you right now JoeT! :Bucktooth:

Jacostang
07-03-08, 11:19 PM
Just finished raining here at my house!! Went from 105 to 85 in 15 mins.... Gotta love the Monsoon!!

JoeT
07-03-08, 11:28 PM
Well anyone interested is more than welcome to come up here and hang out, the weathers beautiful. We dont have the extra room to bunk anyone since some of my family is coming in still tonight, but they are having a huge arts and crafts festival this weekend and Saturday morning theres a parade and Saturday nite they do the fireworks here. Theres a BestWestern about a mile from my house so you could bunk there and hang with us in the day. Our home is on the golf course so you could get in a round if you desired. anyones welcome. We do however head out early Sunday morning to beat the traffic back.

Jacostang
07-03-08, 11:32 PM
Joe we are planning the last week in July to come up to pinetop..