PDA

View Full Version : need some suggestions

YellowGT5.0
07-01-08, 10:58 PM
So my car is not the coolest car right now it heats up pretty quickly and right now i dont even use A/C because it gets too hot. I've been debating on getting a new radiator. So today i look in my engine bay and about 4 inches below my radiator cap cooland is leaking from where the radiator is plastic, so now i have to get a new radiator. Should i just get a stock replacement or should i get an aftermarket aluminum one. I do not want to pay the extra money just so i can say i have a aftermarket one, I was looking into the mishimoto aluminum radiators. What should i do? I really dont have the money to get a fluidyne unless someone can get me a deal on one. Let me know what your suggestions are... Thanks!!

4Jenna
07-01-08, 11:06 PM
I put a Fluidyne in mine, def in my top 5 fav mods

Def worth it!!!

YellowGT5.0
07-01-08, 11:16 PM
I dont have 350 dollars to spend on a radiator. Heard anything on the mishimoto's?

Rev'n Kevin
07-02-08, 01:59 AM
Cheapest fix "Seal All", I swear by the stuff, it will take care of you till you can afford the aftermarket radiator, or just get a stock one, you can find them on eBay pretty cheap, and I'm talking a new one, don't by a used one. :biglaugh:

YellowGT5.0
07-02-08, 02:01 AM
I've been reading up on the radiators and i think im going to buy the mishimoto i've heard great things about them and are in the right price range for me! My stock one is just not cooling my motor down its not good enough.

4Jenna
07-02-08, 10:05 AM
I wuldnt put anything called mishimoto in my car...just me

hah

Ethan@S3M
07-02-08, 10:13 AM
We just put a Mishimoto in a car the other day. The quality and fit were pretty good.

chewbaccajones
07-02-08, 10:40 AM
I wuldnt put anything called mishimoto in my car...just me

hah

You would if your car looked like this, it's strait off their homepage.

YellowGT5.0
07-02-08, 11:13 AM
yeah i know i dont like the name either but they are made here in the us but its a japanese company. But as long as it works ill take it! Im not spendin 400 dollars on a rad for just name brand when i can get a mishimoto for the same quality.

joeyjazzbone
07-02-08, 02:37 PM
Don't forget a new cap and thermostat to go along with the radiator, see what the co. specs. for your needs...

4Jenna
07-02-08, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't put mushimoto or whatever in the same level as Fluidyne, they have a long way to go before NASCAR uses them.

Your not paying for the name brand your paying for quality of a part that is tried and true, only reason I recc'd it. I ran this same Fluidyne for 5 yrs no issues. S-trim, T-trim and now with a turbo and the car has always ran around 180, and yes in the same year car as you.

Like I said def in my top 5 fav mods, I use to always have trouble keeping the car cool before this. I have no experience with the KUNG FU PANDA radiator all I meant, and if I had to do it again and it cost me 800$ for a Fluidyne I'd buy one, my engine means that much to me and the part has worked great and never given me an issue.

KUNG FU radiator might be the next best thing..who knows....hahah srry had to.

Sorry my opin wasnt what you wanted to hear.

Good luck, anything is better than the stocker right!

krazyazian
07-02-08, 03:51 PM
I'm with 4Jenna! I had the Fluidyne on my fox body and no issues. I had another no name brand and problems galore. Didn't fit exactly right and leaked after a year. Yeah, the Fluidyne costs more but it ended up twice as much the way I did it since I had to buy 2 radiators within a year. I could have just bought the Fluidyne and been done with it! Lesson learned!!

Not trying to turn you away from that Mishimoto one because it may rock. Get on one of the Import forums and do a search on them. They might be the Fluidynes of the Import world if that makes any sense! Sorry, couldn't think of anything else to compare it to!

chewbaccajones
07-02-08, 04:45 PM
actually, $350 for a fluidyne doesn't seem that bad.

Bandit
07-02-08, 04:55 PM
"I have no experience with the KUNG FU PANDA radiator "

"KUNG FU radiator might be the next best thing..who knows....hahah srry had to."

Man, this is funny :z7shysterical: ...I love it... ^^^

I could not agree more with 4Jenna.

If you are going to just putt around with the car, get a stock radiator or the KUNG FU one. If you are making good power, then cooling is a bigger issue. There is something to the old " You get what you pay for". You need to pick the quality of the radiator that you think will get the job done.

I myself would not use a "Seal all" or "Stop leak" in summer time temp's. It may plug the leak, along with some radiator flow.

Just my $00.02 :twothumbsup:

4Jenna
07-02-08, 05:05 PM
Mushimoto radiators...recognize before we go Panda on that a$$

http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/dreamworks_skg/kung_fu_panda/jack_black/kungfu.jpg

YellowGT5.0
07-02-08, 08:40 PM
I dont know what to do :[ i would rather buy a fluidyne. What is the cheapest one you have seen? What website?

YellowGT5.0
07-02-08, 10:00 PM
i found a fluidyne for 322. I think i will trust you guys and spend the extra cash. I would love to use A/C again!

chewbaccajones
07-02-08, 10:10 PM
Lethal performance looks to be middle of the road on fluidyne but they support this site so they may be able to get close to that.

ttocs
07-02-08, 10:48 PM
let me know if you need a hand putting it in, I owe ya one. and since it will help I was gonna throw ya $40 for takin the time to help me with my intake, wish I could give more. Gas is expensive these days and since you made a few trips and picked me up some parts it would make me feel better.

YellowGT5.0
07-02-08, 10:57 PM
haha i dont want your money man i like working on cars i like getting the experience in return. I still need to come over and finish that thing! My dad has been out of town so it will be a in the middle of the week if you want him to make an egr tube for ya. If you need more help let me know today was my last day of school so im open now

ttocs
07-02-08, 11:03 PM
I will probably just order that egr spacer, does autozone carry edelbrock parts? I had been considering doing it just because I think we would have to take the header off to take that pipe off anyway. If I take the factory header off I will not be screwing it back on and I can't afford a new header now anyway. A couple of more trips out and you will have spent that $40 in yer tank and $40 would not have even started to cover the labor cost of paying somebody to do what we have done. Get yer fluidyne and don't sweat it(literally haha).

I would like to help with the install because I see this as something I will end up doing sooner then later on mine. Maybe this could be our first east side tech night?

YellowGT5.0
07-02-08, 11:07 PM
i actually looked today at work and we do not carry that part unfortunatly :/ Yeah you can come over when i put it in but right now i need to start saving money and sell more stuff on ebay before i buy one lol im no where close in buying one, but i need one asap my car is not liking this heat :[

ttocs
07-03-08, 01:57 PM
I ordered it this morning, suck that it won't be here till the 10th but......

I also discovered that we should have dabbed some RTV on 4 of the bolts that hold the lower on that go into the cooling area or it will leak and look like a bad gasket. Between that and the vacuum lines I think I will have enough to keep me busy for the next week. Can I borrow your torque wrench?

YellowGT5.0
07-03-08, 02:21 PM
so i will be ordering a fluidyne today..i found this one its the cheapest i could find. http://www.optionimports.com/fhp20-95mu.html Should i order it from here or somewhere else?

chewbaccajones
07-03-08, 03:32 PM
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=132133 77

YellowGT5.0
07-04-08, 01:52 AM
fluidyne is on its way to my house :D

ASUSMC
07-04-08, 03:33 PM
Good news. You will be happy with it