PDA

View Full Version : Mac 1 5/8 unequal ceramic coated headers?

AODGTVert
07-02-08, 11:04 AM
I know the guy who owns Mak Performance. He says to get a ceramic coated header for lower underhood temperatures. But, I can't afford bbk or any other ceramic coated header. So, he mentioned that he can get me mac shorty ceramic coated headers at a great price. Are MAC headers a good product? I'm not planning to take them off, so if they warp a bit, it won't matter.

BurnTire
07-02-08, 11:09 AM
I used MAC headers when I had a fox. They worked well for me.

AODGTVert
07-02-08, 11:24 AM
Thats great. There was a guy in the internet that lost two tenths in his 88 gt convertible by installing equal length headers on his nearly stock stang. But, I've heard that equal lengths can rob a bit of low-end torque with stock heads.

BurnTire
07-02-08, 11:25 AM
If my memory serves me correctly I had the un equal length shorty headers.

ttocs
07-02-08, 11:53 AM
any chance you could hook a brother up with a 94 5.0 ceramic coated equal length? I am close to pulling the trigger on them.

I thought I had heard that since the mac's didn't have the single piece mounting flange that they can occasionally need to be tightened up?

BurnTire
07-02-08, 12:06 PM
Check with our sponsors.

93mustank
07-02-08, 12:26 PM
any chance you could hook a brother up with a 94 5.0 ceramic coated equal length? I am close to pulling the trigger on them.

I thought I had heard that since the mac's didn't have the single piece mounting flange that they can occasionally need to be tightened up?

This is why I use bbk....For the one piece flange....Not a big fan of the mac headers.....but am a big fan of there catback and mid-pipes

krazyazian
07-02-08, 03:45 PM
My experience with Mac headers weren't good at all. My long tubes fit like ass and always leaked at the header. I had to go as far as taking a dremel to the flanges to make them fit my Twisted Wedge heads. I thought that's what caused my leak but it still leaked after I clearanced the flange. And for those that think I'm bagging on Mac my buddy had them too but his were shorty's on a 302 and his fit like ass also. When I had JBA's they worked great. Should have stuck with them. You pay for the JBA's though!

ttocs
07-02-08, 04:01 PM
I thought I had heard that.

Jacostang
07-03-08, 11:30 PM
Which way should I go?, since I dont have to worry about emissions, the 79 will have a 5.0 but don't know which exhaust. I have JBA on my 89 and they are great but what complete system should I run???