PDA

View Full Version : PA street/strip Valve body for stock AOD?

AODGTVert
07-05-08, 06:22 PM
There's a PA valvebody for 177 bucks with free shipping. The part number is PA53301. My AOD transmission is bone stock. I'm wondering if the difference, when it comes to shifts and the fun factor, worth the money?:hyper:

ChuckD
07-09-08, 12:35 AM
It is but it can be done cheaper. I got the write up in my garage from the design engineer and if you want I can let you know everything you need to do it yourself if you want. Probably save you about $50.

AODGTVert
07-09-08, 10:47 AM
Thanks, but I'd rather spend 50 more bucks, knowing that it's done right and spend less time working under the car. :yes: I'm curious. Does it include drilling the valvebody?

ChuckD
07-09-08, 02:54 PM
Drill a couple holes in the plates, use a different ac***alator and spring and your done. And when I mean $50 less I am including the cost of a tranny filter and fluid. In which you will still need to change and pay $177 for the VB.

AODGTVert
07-09-08, 03:39 PM
I've heard of an old saying that if I use new transmission fluid, my clutches will slip. Is that true?

ChuckD
07-09-08, 09:06 PM
When I did my ploder tranny it had 110k on it. I changed to Royal Purple and also drained my convertor and never had any problems with it. Ask Eades on how that thing shifted. It is now in MD with 180K plus on it and Dave still pulls his car with it with no problems.

AODGTVert
07-10-08, 09:20 AM
Ok. How exactly does my shifts get quicker? Takes less time for the next gear to get going? Also, will I'll feel like a bang when it shifts?