PDA

View Full Version : 2009 gt500kr

chewbaccajones
07-25-08, 05:49 PM
I just saw a news report that Five Star Ford dealership in Scottsdale has one for sale...asking $140k for it. According to the last MM&FF that just hit the mailbox, the MSRP is $80k which is retarded enough. If I ever meet someone that pays $140k for a late model, non-Barrett-Jackson auction Mustang, I'll bite his face. Maybe I'm wrong, but this completely defeats the whole point of the Mustang.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/webxtra/story.aspx?content_id=BBF9ACDF-82EA-4336-A274-64F4ECF8B0D8&gsa=true

Martimus
07-25-08, 06:55 PM
According to a buddy over at Sanderson, they also received their first GT500KR. Problem, for any potential buyer, is that they sold the car... almost a YEAR AGO!! He says they have four more on order...

Ruckus46gt
07-25-08, 07:25 PM
I saw a black one last week out here in Glendale. Also saw a black Challenger on Northern. For that price i'd rather have a gt or zr1

BLK03SVT
07-25-08, 09:45 PM
GT500's are starting to sound more appealing. There's some low mileage used 07's on ebay for low 40's. If that car gets below 38 for a used low mileage car I'm in. There's a black one in MT (that's actually being sold by my buddies father) for 42,500.

The KR is a nice car, don't get me wrong, but that is a ton of coin for a car that is comparable performance wise to a MUCH CHEAPER z06. Hell you could have 2 Z06's for that.

fazm
07-25-08, 10:05 PM
ya gimme a zr1 or a ford gt for that price lol

chewbaccajones
07-25-08, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah, I really like the GT500 but just like you said, they will be worth the price of admission one they are under the $40k mark. It's the KR that they are going crazy with now on the price for 40 extra HP and limited units.

Blackmagic1
07-25-08, 10:16 PM
I just saw a news report that Five Star Ford dealership in Scottsdale has one for sale...asking $140k for it. According to the last MM&FF that just hit the mailbox, the MSRP is $80k which is retarded enough. If I ever meet someone that pays $140k for a late model, non-Barrett-Jackson auction Mustang, I'll bite his face. Maybe I'm wrong, but this completely defeats the whole point of the Mustang.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/webxtra/story.aspx?content_id=BBF9ACDF-82EA-4336-A274-64F4ECF8B0D8&gsa=true
I was just there yesterday. Not on the showroom floor(which is where you'd think they would be showing it off!)

Ruckus46gt
07-26-08, 12:31 AM
GT500's are starting to sound more appealing. There's some low mileage used 07's on ebay for low 40's. If that car gets below 38 for a used low mileage car I'm in. There's a black one in MT (that's actually being sold by my buddies father) for 42,500.

The KR is a nice car, don't get me wrong, but that is a ton of coin for a car that is comparable performance wise to a MUCH CHEAPER z06. Hell you could have 2 Z06's for that.
i know someone who picked up a c6 z06 off craigslist form a dude in debt for 36 or 38k. Ive seen a couple for low 40s.

HIKER
07-26-08, 11:14 AM
No way would I pay that much for a KR and just for 40hp more and a few cosmetic upgrades. I'd rather drop 20K of performance stuff into a GT500.

There's a guy here in Gilbert that has a really hot red GT500. It's lowered with perfect wheel/tire sizing. The exhaust is incrediably(sp) loud and sound awesome.

He's probably got a few other goodies on it, just I've never seen it up close.

About2Bite
07-26-08, 11:22 AM

Really? I couldn't see myself replacing my Cobra with a GT500. The only other possibility would be a cammed LS2 C6 or a bolt on/tuned LS3 C6. These new vettes are SICK

But 150K for anything American other than a Ford GT is not something I could see myself doing, but this is coming from someone who can't afford that if the wanted to... Yet :icon_cool:

BLK03SVT
07-26-08, 12:28 PM
Really? I couldn't see myself replacing my Cobra with a GT500. The only other possibility would be a cammed LS2 C6 or a bolt on/tuned LS3 C6. These new vettes are SICK

But 150K for anything American other than a Ford GT is not something I could see myself doing, but this is coming from someone who can't afford that if the wanted to... Yet :icon_cool:

Now now....who said anything about "replacing" the cobra? I'm close to having the title in hand, and am thinking of either buying a kick ass aready built notch for the track, or another fun street car, like a GT500.

chewbaccajones
07-26-08, 01:27 PM
Now now....who said anything about "replacing" the cobra? I'm close to having the title in hand, and am thinking of either buying a kick ass aready built notch for the track, or another fun street car, like a GT500.

Well done sir!

About2Bite
07-26-08, 01:30 PM

Nice :pinkthumb:

That is the way to do it, don't sell them just keep collecting :icon_cool:

Blackmagic1
08-21-08, 11:19 PM
Was in 5 Star today, they have a Black KR on the floor. Salesmen are even disgusted with the price Mngmt set.:no:One salesman told me a guy offered 100k,but Mgr turned him down.:greedy: They have now dropped it 10k to 130k.They are also getting a silver with blue stripes. (Also, it is a 08)

AZSonicSnake
08-24-08, 08:40 PM
wow. 140k? yikes. not worth it imo. would be cool to have, but imagine how many people are gonna think your a doush for payin that much? yikes! think my cobra has a good home in my garage for a looooooooong time. if i ever have 140k to drop on a stang, i better have a much nicer house than my middle class homestead i live in now!

Mr. Ted
09-30-08, 09:13 AM
What pisses me off is the dealer incentives that they attach to an already overpriced car. I was fortunate to buy my '08 without the dealer incentive. They didn't drop it out of the kindness of their hearts, believe me. I happen to know the sales person personally (she's on the commercial side at Earnhardt, not retail) and they were actually losing money on the car sitting on the lot, because they had to start paying daily interest on it. That's when you go in and make your deal. There are and will be GT500's sitiing on lots in this economy, find one at a dealer that paid for the inventory and has '09's coming in and you can get a steal...

Mr. Ted
09-30-08, 09:13 AM
^^^^
Probably not on the GT500KR, though...(yet)