PDA

View Full Version : Question about New Motor Tend Mag

Tatsu007
07-31-08, 05:57 PM
OK, guys I was reading the new Motor Tend Mag today and they have the offical specs on the new Camero. They said that the new Camero will have 3 engines and the base price starts at 22k. The base V6 3.6L will have 310hp and the SS will have two engines (Both from the Corvette) One will have 395hp with an automatic and the other I think with the manual will be 410hp or 425hp can't remember. What do you guys think? If a base Camero has 310hp for 22k? :indifferent:

Jacostang
07-31-08, 09:17 PM
Yeah I think that is why the 2010 Mustang will be a higher HP model also but you never know what they are going to do the way GM is losing market share. They just announced that they are dropping many Nascar track sponsorships. The Mustang has been top dog for 5 years and finally dodge and Chevy have produced something but it has taken them a very long, long time to catch up..

princessturtle
07-31-08, 09:32 PM
i wouldn't worry about it. back when the camaro was in production, it was always at a higher bHP rating than any mustang (excluding the cobra) and similar in price. They've always had 2 engines available (v6, v8) and an option in the v8 engine to give it 15-20 extra HP. Think RS, Z28, SS. While a v8 mustang was similar in price, it's HP was 300 to the flywheel, and the z28 was 300 ACTUAL HP. The 2010 mustang would be the first real attempt for Ford to actually compete with the HP on a camaro.

It won't change the way the mustang is viewed. The camaro has a tough challenge ahead of it. It needs to change the way people view the stigma of previous versions while keeping the enthusiasts coming back. the enthusiasts really aren't liking what they see. It's not going to be easy to change how people have seen it in the past.

fazm
07-31-08, 09:53 PM
dont be fooled by the way gm rated the old camaros. the z28 and the SS had the same engine. they would put down within a few hp of each other at the wheels.

and they rated them at more than 300hp i believe (ls1). they were rated around 315 or so? and some were known to put 300-320rwhp down stock, now thats underrated (same engine as the vette remember)

About2Bite
08-01-08, 03:31 AM
For the Camaro to compete it's going to need two engines :biglaugh: :woot1:

jtleng
08-01-08, 07:13 AM
For the Camaro to compete it's going to need two engines :biglaugh: :woot1:

X2 one for each Wheel :biglaugh::laughing1:

Bandit
08-01-08, 03:24 PM
I hope GM and Mopar can make it happen in the pony car market, as it sure would be nice to see more V-8 muscle out on the street...

:stang2:

Blackmagic1
08-03-08, 10:59 AM
I think GM is waiting on sales reports on Dodge's Challenger. With the economy and all, to see where ,how much, how many Camaro's to build.