PDA

View Full Version : Single Driveshaft

Blackmagic1
08-03-08, 10:23 AM
How many here have put in a one-piece/single driveshaft ? ala,Spidershaft etc. I have heard the early ones had vibration problems ,since they used a adapter. Newer ones have not. Anyone with a new/current one piece? I've been thinking of installing one when I do a gear change, to do it all at once. Opinions ??

Wharf Rat
08-03-08, 11:14 AM
Some people have good luck with them and others don't. I tried a DSS and a Spydershaft on my 06 and they both had vibration issues. Eventually I got the Spydershaft close with an adjustable UCA. It wasn't perfect but it was liveable.

Now I am fighting one on my 07, again. Similar deal. I have been indexing it and found a few spots that are ok up to about 110 or so. I haven't tried an adjustable upper yet but that's next after I find the best index for the shaft.

Other than the vibration issues I love the 1 piece, though. The drivetrain feels a lot smoother and the car seems to rev a little faster. If I can keep it smooth up to 120 I'd be happy.

Jacostang
08-03-08, 11:21 AM
On another forum there was one that came apart under highway driving, he said just mormal 80 Mph and his new one pice came apart and the damage was so intense they totalled the car and it only had 15,000 on it. I can't recall the make of the shaft but the pics of the damage was incredible to the point where both front seats were bent and could not be moved...