PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

BurnTire
06-09-06, 06:58 PM
Well everyone what would enjoy having on the new site?
All suggestion welcome.
Thanks
Jeff

u1arunit
06-09-06, 08:21 PM
Jeff the first thing I would do is remove the reputation thingy. Those things are the most misunderstood things on a bulletin board and they really serve zero purpose. I will be back to add some more ideas in a bit. :)

BurnTire
06-09-06, 09:03 PM
Ok I see some other posts about that also I will shut it off

AZSonicSnake
06-09-06, 10:27 PM
ok, maybe i am blind, but was wondering if a donation button was anywhere to be found...wanted to kick ya a few bucks for the site.....:cool:

BurnTire
06-09-06, 10:34 PM
Your Not blind
I will have that setup soon.
Thanks for the support and tell all your fellow enthusiasts to check us out.
Thanks
Jeff

50 BMG
06-11-06, 11:21 AM
Throw a track day or 2...

Venomous Bite
06-11-06, 12:11 PM
Yeah maybe a road course event and a drag day of course when it is cooler out.

BurnTire
06-11-06, 12:57 PM

James I know you wanted to be the planner on the old board.

Start Planning. LOL

AZSonicSnake
06-11-06, 06:33 PM
hows about a wednesday night drag night at speedworld? from what i have heard thats the best night to go out there....

BurnTire
06-11-06, 06:35 PM
hows about a wednesday night drag night at speedworld? from what i have heard thats the best night to go out there....

Thats also a plan. We are looking at renting the track just for our group which would be real cool.

AZSonicSnake
06-11-06, 10:22 PM
awesome. i would be happy to attend with my slow stang...:)

Brakelate
07-16-06, 01:13 AM
BurnTire,

I figured out what my problem was (or at least one of them)!

When I attempted to post my introduction in the New Members section, I kept getting "booted out" to the log in screen when I hit enter, and my whole narrative was lost.

I found out that it was due to me being "timed-out", and I eventually had to cheat the system by posting a small paragraph one at a time through the edit feature until I got down all that I wanted to say.

Is there any way that you can lengthen the period of time before a member gets automatically logged out or allowed to complete a post?

I know I'm long-winded at times, but that was extremely frustrating, as I had to go back and start from scratch each time before I figured out the "hack".

Thanks for the consideration.

Or, perhaps it was designed to prevent such long rants from occuring? :chair:

BurnTire
07-16-06, 12:09 PM
Hello Brakelate
When you log in make sure you click the remember me box and allow cookies to be received from this site. I am going to apply a mod that will default the remember me box with a check in it. If you are still having problems let me know. I duplicated the problem you are having and clicking the remember me box fixed it.
Thanks for the feedback
Jeff

BurnTire,

I figured out what my problem was (or at least one of them)!

When I attempted to post my introduction in the New Members section, I kept getting "booted out" to the log in screen when I hit enter, and my whole narrative was lost.

I found out that it was due to me being "timed-out", and I eventually had to cheat the system by posting a small paragraph one at a time through the edit feature until I got down all that I wanted to say.

Is there any way that you can lengthen the period of time before a member gets automatically logged out or allowed to complete a post?

I know I'm long-winded at times, but that was extremely frustrating, as I had to go back and start from scratch each time before I figured out the "hack".

Thanks for the consideration.

Or, perhaps it was designed to prevent such long rants from occuring? :chair:

Brakelate
07-17-06, 02:15 AM
Interesting, I'll give that a shot. I typically don't check the box, because I jump around in an insecure environment, but I'll give it a go.

Perhaps it's my fault, as I frequently leave posts open for a long time before sending them off, especially when sorting and posting pics.

I'll be trying to put up some shots tonight, so I'll see how it goes with the box checked.

:icon_cool:

BurnTire
07-17-06, 09:10 AM
Your problem is a known issue with the software. I left the box un checked on my other computer and the problem occured. With the box checked the problem went away.