PDA

View Full Version : Saleen SuperCharger electric intercooler pump

paysonpony
08-10-08, 01:33 AM
Hello,
Today I noticed wires hanging from my front bumper and found that my wires at the plug on my electric intercooler water pump for my Saleen SuperCharger were torn off the plug. I repaired the wiring and checked the fuse. This may sound stupid at this point, so please be kind:
I don't remember if my pump ran continuously, immediately running when I started my Mustang or if it ran after the engine warmed up and the proper temp was reached.
I know that after driving it during the day and then parking it to wash it, I would leave the key on in the acc. position and I would hear the pump running, so I would leave my key off when washing my car to keep from running the pump while parked.
I am sorry for the stupid question. But I want to make sure that I am not doing something to damage my engine.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Keith
RCMC

paysonpony
08-13-08, 01:57 AM
Well, I am happy to see that there were no responses before this one of mine. I have done stupid things before so this did surprise me. YES, the Saleen Supercharger intercooler pump runs continuous with power on. And the inline fuse that is located on the passenger side under the fuse panel is a 5amp and should be checked in very good light. I didn't have my glasses on and the fuse appeared good, but after knocking my self out trying to find the problem, I thought I would double check the fuse. Stupid mistake, but very happy to find the problem. It was actually a quick fix, for smart people.
My only concern now is that I am not sure how long I drove the car with the intercooler pump running. Hopefull it didn't hurt anything.
Thank you

Keith
RCMC