PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Wild West Shootout Car Show Thread

Blown66
08-24-08, 02:04 PM
The other thread was so "junked" up with other stuff, that we thought it would be in our best interest to have a new "clean" thread with our current information.

You can click on the second link below to get to our official website and registration form.

Wild West Ford Shootout

October 11th
8am-2pm

Goodyear Swap Meet (100's of vendors for shopping, lots of things to do for the kids!)

All Participants Will Be Sitting Under Cover from the Elements... right be hind their cars!

*The Wild West Mustangs Club will judge the Show, but their cars will not be entered in the show. So only paid particiapants that are in our club will have their cars judged against each other, not against club cars.

CCStang
08-24-08, 11:14 PM
I am a little confused over the double statements regarding this show. Such as the following:

All Fords are welcome, there will be many, many classes and trophies including a class for none Ford Powered.

Yet the flyer has this down as an "All Ford Shootout". Engine and tranny is the "heart and soul" of every vehicle. If it is something other than what the factory installed within the confines of the engineered components from the factory (i.e. 428 Cobra in a 65 fastback Mustang) then it's not "All Ford". Look for a definition from a club that has it down solid, like the VTCI-CAC and their "All Ford Car Show" on Oct. 5th in Glendale. What they say, they mean in definition - "All Ford". "All Ford" stated here is convoluted at best.

Moving on.

For all you purists out there...this is all about the hobby, and when you have one of the most famous Fords (American Graffiti Coupe) powered by a 350 Chevy, you just can't dismiss that great ride that easily.

This statement sounds like to me somebody is doing someone else a favor and yes I can dismiss it because the car itself has lost definition. Think about it. This same car can go to a all "Chevy Show" because it has GM running gear. Then the following week the same car can be placed in an "All Ford" show. What's next? It can go to the "All Mopar" show because it has a Chrysler radio in it?

Again moving on.

Mustang- 1964 1/2 to 1973

Comparing apples to apples? Everybody knows there is a big difference here. What guarantee does a 70 Sport Roof have against a 65 Vert? Both in pristine condition yet both entirely different cars. Any bets the 65 Vert will get the majority of votes from your judges? Break your classes down some so nobody goes home mad.

All in all, I am just offering suggestions. I have entered "All Ford", "Mustang" and "Heniz variety" shows for a long time. Even chairperson more than a few shows with my club. You and you club wouldn't believe how many Ford Owners this show would attract if someone would get rid of the conflicting language on your blog. That will keep it clear to those that compete Ford to Ford (and not Ford to Chevy) in a class made for their car (or truck).

Rev'n Kevin
08-25-08, 12:13 AM
Very well stated CCStang, and as a member of WWMC and a board member, I too share these concerns. I brought up these very things about two months ago, and intend to voice them again at our next meeting. I know that the classes need some work and there is already a discussion about them scheduled for the next board meeting that will be dealing primarily with the upcoming show. Your statement about the Chevy powered Ford has also been a thorn in my side. There was a reason for allowing it, although I can't remember what it was, but rest assured I will bring it up again, because I am totally against it. If it ain't got a Ford heartbeat, it ain't a Ford :highfive:

Blown66
08-25-08, 02:06 PM
FIRST CC...thanks for the suggestions. Second, none of the below said with attitude. So...

Doing a favor??? Assumptions are a terrible thing to waste.. :)

1. (Both you and Kevin) A majority of the money will got to charity. The more the merrier unless of course either of you have an issue with charity lol? (which I don't believe)

2. As is stated...there will be a class for all none-powered ford cars (mostly coupes/roadsters) will have their own class and will NOT go against any ford powered ford. I mean is this something either of you will lose sleep over? Perspective. It's a hobby, it's charity...

3. The classes posted are starter classes, I will take them down now so that there isn't any confussion. ie if you only have three convertbiles in the whole show, sorry...they can't have their own class. So what we did (with the trick pony show) which we will do here, is break the classes down the day of the show. As an example, we had a lot of convertibles so much so that we had to break them into three classes vs the two projected classes. Your question is not an issue because this will happen to all classes.

To further the point, the 64.5-73 won't hold...it will be broken down into 2-3 smaller classes. (which will range by years, hard tops and mods) Nobody will go home mad, if they do...they weren't going to be happy regardless. We had one issue with the "trick pony" show...and that has been fixed. There should be no issue, other than you can't please everyone...but you can try.

So with all said, Kevin is right...we are addressing the classes in full on Sept 3rd and our lead guy that we will take cues from has ran shows for 30 years.

Rev'n Kevin
08-25-08, 02:27 PM
1. I don't think either of us mentioned anything about a problem with the charity. :tongue:

2. That was what I couldn't remember, the non-Ford powered cars have their own class and won't be up against any TRUE Fords. I guess that's why I forgot about it, that satisfied me on that problem. Although I don't think there will be that many of those kind of cars show up. :laughing:

3. Ditto, we will work on the classes, but I will state that there is not a car show that I have been to, that the classes, made everyone happy, it just isn't possible, I feel your pain, as I have a 1995 sn95, and always get lumped in with the fox bodies, just not right, but what can you do. :laughing:

I think it will be a fun show, and with the few exceptions, everyone will be happy with it, how many shows have you been to that the host club does not participate in getting the trophies. I'll answer that, NONE. See you all at the show.

1966PonyGirl
08-25-08, 05:12 PM
i say that the hosting club SHOULD get a trophy! like a homemade trophy created in mind to be the ugliest trophy in existence! (we are talkin' like toilet paper rolls, macaroni bits glued and other misc things) like a gag trophy! ill make it too! muah ha ha ha!

Rev'n Kevin
08-25-08, 06:14 PM

Rev'n Kevin
08-25-08, 06:19 PM
i say that the hosting club SHOULD get a trophy! like a homemade trophy created in mind to be the ugliest trophy in existence! (we are talkin' like toilet paper rolls, macaroni bits glued and other misc things) like a gag trophy! ill make it too! muah ha ha ha!

We will, it's just gonna be separate from the show, kinda our own little show within a show, we just don't want anyone saying we did not judge their cars fairly and only voted for our own. And I really don't like ugly homemade gag trophies, hope your not really serious about it, lol.

1966PonyGirl
08-25-08, 06:51 PM
well... half kidding. i might make my own trophy for my car. ill throw on some glitter... that will make it not so ugly! :)

CCStang
08-25-08, 10:54 PM
I think it will be a fun show, and with the few exceptions, everyone will be happy with it, how many shows have you been to that the host club does not participate in getting the trophies. I'll answer that, NONE.

Rev! You don't get out to many shows do you? I am not saying they all don't participate. Some clubs have strong feelings to have their members participate because they "Worked hard on their cars as well". However, to have a host club not have their members in the running at said show is "Old Hat" for quite a few clubs.

FIRST CC...thanks for the suggestions. Second, none of the below said with attitude. So...

Doing a favor??? Assumptions are a terrible thing to waste.. :)

1. (Both you and Kevin) A majority of the money will got to charity. The more the merrier unless of course either of you have an issue with charity lol? (which I don't believe)

2. As is stated...there will be a class for all none-powered ford cars (mostly coupes/roadsters) will have their own class and will NOT go against any ford powered ford. I mean is this something either of you will lose sleep over? Perspective. It's a hobby, it's charity...

3. The classes posted are starter classes, I will take them down now so that there isn't any confussion. ie if you only have three convertbiles in the whole show, sorry...they can't have their own class. So what we did (with the trick pony show) which we will do here, is break the classes down the day of the show. As an example, we had a lot of convertibles so much so that we had to break them into three classes vs the two projected classes. Your question is not an issue because this will happen to all classes.

To further the point, the 64.5-73 won't hold...it will be broken down into 2-3 smaller classes. (which will range by years, hard tops and mods) Nobody will go home mad, if they do...they weren't going to be happy regardless. We had one issue with the "trick pony" show...and that has been fixed. There should be no issue, other than you can't please everyone...but you can try.

So with all said, Kevin is right...we are addressing the classes in full on Sept 3rd and our lead guy that we will take cues from has ran shows for 30 years.

You're welcome and good luck!!!

Rev'n Kevin
08-26-08, 01:01 AM
Rev! You don't get out to many shows do you? I am not saying they all don't participate. Some clubs have strong feelings to have their members participate because they "Worked hard on their cars as well". However, to have a host club not have their members in the running at said show is "Old Hat" for quite a few clubs.

Actually I do a lot of shows and have been for over 30 years, my first showcar was a 71 Vette, first carshow 1975, never been to a show that I was "aware" that the host club was not participating, too busy shining my chrome, I guess.:laughing:

Blown66
08-27-08, 11:13 AM
Actually there is an insane number of shows in which the host club shows. I can only think of one on the past few years where this wasn't true. Does copperstate show their cars at the GCC show? I thought no...but now that I think about it, I think they did? Anyone?

Kev as far as your ass getting kicked by the half breed old ford. :biglaugh: I actually agree with you. If they are not ford powered they don't get a shot at best show...that will be true in ours if I have anything to do with it. So I think that was wrong. But we still luv ya big guy.

Blown66
09-15-08, 12:52 AM
Shameless Bump...dash plaques...looking good! Contests, entertainment, 100's of shopping vendors, trophies for first and second, great plaque for third...don't miss this!

Blown66
09-21-08, 10:33 AM
Dash plaques, games, goody bags, raffles and shopping...100's of places to shop all in one place! Oct. 11th...8am-2pm...cruising afterwards...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CEhpvc4J8ZA/SJkyux3VNmI/AAAAAAAAAro/xyjbJOUv6Rg/s1600/gsmaerial.jpg

ShelbysDad
09-24-08, 12:20 AM
Blown 66- The Copperstate GCC show was people's choice. This was not a judged show. Why would there be an issue with a club participating in their own show when it's people's choice?

Blown66
09-24-08, 01:15 AM
Actually this show was never going to be a peoples choice show. Our people just don't like it. Ours will be one of three ways to be judged...determined at our next board meeting btw. (and is predicated on how many entrants there are)

1) Club judged, not show for trophies against other participants.

2) Peer judge, which I am 100% against...but two board members are for...we'll see. Seems to me if you have a club member against 5 other none club members in a class the club member probably has an advantage...

3) Outside club judging the show. Currently I have met with a local none ford club that has agreed (if we want them) to judge our show, in return we will judge one of their future shows. To be honest...I think that is the best off all worlds.