PDA

View Full Version : Track Night - Sept 26th?

IMSHAKN
08-29-08, 11:27 AM
Anyone up for a night out at the track as it starts to cool down the end of September? What better way to kick off the return of some cooler weather than some Friday night drags. Firebird is running the typical friday night drags on the 26th, gates open at 6 for tech inspection, racing starts at 7. :bouncy:

1966PonyGirl
08-29-08, 01:17 PM
if you would have said Speedworld i would have been all over that! Firebird is so far :(

IMSHAKN
08-29-08, 01:22 PM
Speedworld is always good, but I personally would not won't make the 70 mile drive out that way until it's even cooler and worth my time and gas. Definitely will be making many trips out there this winter, hopefully Palo Verde Hot rods will put on another event.

BurnTire
08-29-08, 01:30 PM
I may be there if it is cool that night.

wickedcobra
08-29-08, 04:22 PM
Im in for Fire Bird. Havent had much time of late due to work so It will be fun.

fazm
08-30-08, 10:17 AM
if my trans is in I'll race if not I'll still go and watch

wickedcobra
08-30-08, 01:41 PM
if my trans is in I'll race if not I'll still go and watch

Damn Fords are always broke! :icon_cool:

fazm
08-30-08, 05:16 PM
haha damn t5 is always broke :)

1966PonyGirl
08-31-08, 06:44 AM
Speedworld is always good, but I personally would not won't make the 70 mile drive out that way until it's even cooler and worth my time and gas. Definitely will be making many trips out there this winter, hopefully Palo Verde Hot rods will put on another event.

i hear ya on the drive. darn gas hogs! i still would be leery about doing the drive anyways. too far to call some one to rescue my butt if she breaks down!:biglaugh:

IMSHAKN
08-31-08, 05:59 PM
Not really, you'd be surprised how helpful some of the people that come out to the track really are.

fazm
08-31-08, 07:55 PM
my shops real close to firebird too if u break lol

AZSonicSnake
09-01-08, 12:15 AM

that ain't no lie! you could walk there!!! :sticktonge:

BurnTire
09-01-08, 12:52 PM

Can I stop in and do the slick swap on the lift? LOL

fazm
09-01-08, 11:43 PM
probably jeff lol. im pretty sure the new owner is cool with it but ill check

IMSHAKN
09-02-08, 01:03 AM
probably jeff lol. im pretty sure the new owner is cool with it but ill check

WTF man, I want to change mine out on the lift too! :laughing:

Only kidding, since I do the rears only there is no point putting it on the lift as I can do it faster with the jack. The only bad thing is that then I have to lug the jack around and have to store the street setup somewhere where some douche bag won't **** with things.

wickedcobra
09-02-08, 07:50 AM
WTF man, I want to change mine out on the lift too! :laughing:

Only kidding, since I do the rears only there is no point putting it on the lift as I can do it faster with the jack. The only bad thing is that then I have to lug the jack around and have to store the street setup somewhere where some douche bag won't **** with things.

Im sure we can find somewhere to store our stuff. Im gonna run mine with the ET streets. Shooting for the boot.:yes:

AZSonicSnake
09-02-08, 09:48 AM
11.49 and you'll be toast! my suggestion would be to run 1/8th mile on your first pass so you can atleast go 2 passes. :laughing:

yet another reason i love speedworld. :woot1:

IMSHAKN
09-02-08, 10:02 AM
11.49 and you'll be toast! my suggestion would be to run 1/8th mile on your first pass so you can atleast go 2 passes. :laughing:

yet another reason i love speedworld. :woot1:

There shall be many trips out there as well. Especially if I start playing with Nitrous, but considering how long Wickedcobra has been hunting that 11.5, something makes me think he may be needing to run at speedworld in the not so distant future. :yes:

AZSonicSnake
09-02-08, 11:45 AM
i hear that one! i want to get out to the track so bad right now! i just wish firebird ran on saturdays more. its rather difficult for me to get from 115th ave and bell out to firebird on a friday night. :yes:

wickedcobra
09-02-08, 04:38 PM
Well, now that I have sticky tires that 11.49 or better should be possible. Im gonna run it 1/8th a couple times to get the feel for a low 60'. Then I will open it up and see what it can do. Then I have BIG plans for the ole' COBRA :Devious:

IMSHAKN
09-03-08, 01:52 AM
Then I have BIG plans for the ole' COBRA :Devious:

So long as they include a large screaming blower or a monster turbo then I'd be begging for a ride. :sticktonge:

wickedcobra
09-03-08, 03:19 AM
Definately some monster something and....................:bouncy:

04moostang
09-03-08, 04:11 AM
I know myself and a few friend's are going to be there.

I wanna improve my time.

ASUSMC
09-03-08, 09:02 AM
Definately some monster something and....................:bouncy:

does ......................:bouncy: = wheel hop??

Seriously I can't wait to see what you are gonna do with it.

wickedcobra
09-03-08, 09:25 AM
does ......................:bouncy: = wheel hop??

Seriously I can't wait to see what you are gonna do with it.

More Like Wheels up :shocker:

IMSHAKN
09-21-08, 11:04 PM
Bump :woot1:

Sal
09-22-08, 10:35 AM
Since you guys will be there on Friday, why not make a whole weekend out of it! PSCA is holding it's Arizona Nationals presented by Ford Racing at Firebird the same weekend! PSCA has a new race class called Mustang Maddness (sponsored by FORD RACING!) that is open to ALL Mustangs (Ford powered only of course) of any year! Anyone can compete since it is based on an Open Comp format. We NEED your support to keep this class alive as it's the ONLY Mustang drag racing class around (FFW will NOT be coming out West next year). This class is run at all PSCA events which include Fontana, Ca, Las Vegas, NV, & Phoenix, AZ. We run for points & a championship, but we also have the best group of Mustang racers you'll ever meet! The comroderie is awesome within our class! I have at least 4-5 SoCal racers towing out to Phoenix next weekend to race. Cost is $65 to race the class both Saturday & Sunday!

www.pscaracing.com

Sal
09-22-08, 10:44 AM
PSCA weekend race schedule;
http://www.pscaracing.com/2008anraceschedule.html

AZSonicSnake
09-22-08, 01:59 PM
allmost positive i am making it out for the friday night drags.

thinkin about running that mustang class with the psca too. question though, i cannot make it out friday during the day. will that be a problem? and 65 bucks, will that get me in the track, and pay class dues?

Sal
09-22-08, 04:46 PM
The $65 is total for Sat & Sun only. Class fee is $20 plus gate fee $45. For Fri thru Sun is $100. Here's the link;
http://www.pscaracing.com/2008anraceschedule.html
http://www.pscaracing.com/ldraceinfo2004.html

You'll have a blast, plus Ford Racing is doing something special ONLY for the Arizona race!!!

sinspawn7
09-22-08, 04:49 PM
i'll be there

IMSHAKN
09-22-08, 08:29 PM
While I'd love to do the Sat-Sun PSCA I can't since it's my weekend to work. Damnit to hell. Would be fun. Friday night drags will have to suffice.

fazm
09-22-08, 10:46 PM
going to be the t-5 transmissions last track passes in my car. i wont be getting the 3650 in on time.

so i may be towing my car away lol

IMSHAKN
09-22-08, 10:49 PM
We'll help ya push it back towards the stands. :woot1:

sinspawn7
09-24-08, 05:09 PM
allmost positive i am making it out for the friday night drags.

thinkin about running that mustang class with the psca too. question though, i cannot make it out friday during the day. will that be a problem? and 65 bucks, will that get me in the track, and pay class dues?

hey tony you gonna record any of the runs this friday night?

AZSonicSnake
09-24-08, 07:21 PM
i will most certainly have the camera. kinda up in the air at the moment though, tryin to find a new driveshaft. think i have it handled, but won't know till later tomorrow.

fazm
09-24-08, 07:30 PM
well ill be there for sure.

my mustang might not be. lost the trans about 15 minutes ago. so now i have 2 business days to try to modify a tremec 3650 into my car if i want to drag race lol.

Jeff, you still going to stop by the shop on the way to put the tires on here? or do you just want to change them at the track?

BurnTire
09-25-08, 01:06 AM
well ill be there for sure.

my mustang might not be. lost the trans about 15 minutes ago. so now i have 2 business days to try to modify a tremec 3650 into my car if i want to drag race lol.

Jeff, you still going to stop by the shop on the way to put the tires on here? or do you just want to change them at the track?

Put a Turbo 400 in it:hyper:

IMSHAKN
09-25-08, 01:09 AM
Put a Turbo 400 in it:hyper:

Hmm, turbo 400...I think there is one on sale right now localy. :yes:

AZSonicSnake
09-25-08, 05:14 PM
well, i am out for friday. getting the driveshaft tomorrow, but i am not rushing home to put it in and rushing back down to the track. maybe we can set something up here in the next few weeks?

IMSHAKN
09-25-08, 11:13 PM
I'm out for sure as well. My control arm bushings are TOAST. Time for new uppers and lowers. :yes:

evil281
09-26-08, 08:37 AM
Anyone up for a night out at the track as it starts to cool down the end of September? What better way to kick off the return of some cooler weather than some Friday night drags. Firebird is running the typical friday night drags on the 26th, gates open at 6 for tech inspection, racing starts at 7. :bouncy:

me and my buddy will be there, ive got a 1999 black mustang and hes got a 2001 performance red mustang, look for us!

IMSHAKIN do you work on warner rd and gilbert rd?

IMSHAKN
09-26-08, 01:00 PM
me and my buddy will be there, ive got a 1999 black mustang and hes got a 2001 performance red mustang, look for us!

IMSHAKIN do you work on warner rd and gilbert rd?

Yes, that would be me.

evil281
09-26-08, 01:13 PM
Yes, that would be me.

sweet me and my buddy live basically a couple hundred yards from there, we always eat at that panda like 2 nights a week and always say we need to meet that guy with the mach and go to the track with him, guess we will see ya tonight!

IMSHAKN
09-26-08, 01:21 PM
sweet me and my buddy live basically a couple hundred yards from there, we always eat at that panda like 2 nights a week and always say we need to meet that guy with the mach and go to the track with him, guess we will see ya tonight!

I may be out there, not 100% sure if I feel like making the drive down there if I'm not racing as it sounds like my friend isn't in the mood to take the cobra out to the track if I'm not going to be racing. Sucks too because I had the slicks all ready and everything for tonight. Oh well, there will be many more visits to the track since it's cooling down.

evil281
09-26-08, 01:44 PM
I may be out there, not 100% sure if I feel like making the drive down there if I'm not racing as it sounds like my friend isn't in the mood to take the cobra out to the track if I'm not going to be racing. Sucks too because I had the slicks all ready and everything for tonight. Oh well, there will be many more visits to the track since it's cooling down.

you could still come down and let me use the slicks lol, ive been looking for some for a while now, cant afford new tho

IMSHAKN
09-26-08, 01:49 PM
you could still come down and let me use the slicks lol, ive been looking for some for a while now, cant afford new tho

Look hard and you can find them. You have a built rear, extended studs, and a drive shaft loop?

evil281
09-26-08, 02:15 PM
Look hard and you can find them. You have a built rear, extended studs, and a drive shaft loop?

actually no i have been looking for drag radials after thinking about it on the stock rear, my 60' sucks tho i need to do something

wickedcobra
09-26-08, 04:24 PM
get some drag radials and that should help you alot. It will defnately be better than those 2.0+ you are cutting. :veryhappy:

IMSHAKN
09-27-08, 07:29 PM
Well since I didn't get a change to make it out last night, how'd things end up going?

fazm
09-28-08, 04:54 PM
i didnt make it down for obvious reasons lol

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/fazm/carnage3.jpg

IMSHAKN
09-28-08, 05:38 PM
i didnt make it down for obvious reasons lol

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/fazm/carnage3.jpg

Lol. It's only a few chunks out...no big deal. :thmbsup:

So what's the game plan for fixing it this go around?

fazm
09-28-08, 05:43 PM
got the tr3650 in there now thanks to an adapter plate custom made.

problem im having now is my turbo piping doesnt fit properly around the massive transmission lol.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/fazm/plate-1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/fazm/photo.jpg

IMSHAKN
09-28-08, 05:56 PM
Nice. I see you are going to be running that spec clutch with the 3650, what stage clutch is that?

evil281
09-28-08, 06:15 PM
Well since I didn't get a change to make it out last night, how'd things end up going?

it was a pretty nice night, they were having a big drag event saturday and sunday so all these 6 second cars were out there running and tuning, also the track was prepped super nice, didnt even feel like my street tires broke loose at all in my runs

fazm
09-28-08, 06:24 PM
Nice. I see you are going to be running that spec clutch with the 3650, what stage clutch is that?

its a stage 3, ive had it for quite a while now, same clutch ive been using on the t5 setup

04moostang
09-29-08, 11:35 PM
THAT day, my engine started to misfire. changed out the plugs and wires. coil tested fine. so i ruled out the injectors and took it to a shop. :'( i'm out $350 bux now