PDA

View Full Version : Shaker1000 phone question

Mr. Ted
09-19-08, 12:52 PM
Ok, so I just bought my 1st Ford and it is a 2008 Shleby GT Barrett Jackson Edition with the Shaker1000 in it. It has a phone button onit when pressed says "No Phone". The dealer doesn't know what it is and nothing in the manual. Is this a mute for the stereo when taking a call or an actual phone hookup, bluetooth or other? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Ted

BLK03SVT
09-19-08, 10:50 PM
I had a rental Sable recently that did that same thing. I thought it was part of the Sync system and was for you to utilize a bluetooth phone with the radio.

The manual doesn't mention it? Strange for sure. I'm curious as to how it really works.

ttocs
09-20-08, 05:00 AM
it is a hands free blue tooth system and your phone probably has the hardware to work with it. You will need to pair the phone to the car(check your manual) and after that you will never need to take your phone out to use it in your car. When you get a call, it will mute your stereo and tell you there is a call. When you answer the phone(by pushing that phone button) the call will come through your stereo and there is a microphone as well so you can talk and drive easily........ If you can't figure it out take it to your dealer and I am sure they will take the 5 secs to show you how.

Mr. Ted
09-20-08, 12:38 PM
Actually there is some type of harness that needs to be installed, as it doesn't mate with bluetooth. The accessories guy at Ford says there is a wiring harness or a much better upgrade available from Parrot Bluetooth, so I guess I'll have to try and decide which way to go.

ttocs
09-20-08, 05:41 PM
I am suprised that a shelby would be missing a basic radio upgrade. I thought all of their new cars had blue tooth...

1966PonyGirl
09-20-08, 06:04 PM
it is a hands free blue tooth system and your phone probably has the hardware to work with it. You will need to pair the phone to the car(check your manual) and after that you will never need to take your phone out to use it in your car. When you get a call, it will mute your stereo and tell you there is a call. When you answer the phone(by pushing that phone button) the call will come through your stereo and there is a microphone as well so you can talk and drive easily........ If you can't figure it out take it to your dealer and I am sure they will take the 5 secs to show you how.

wow! that there technology stuff is pretty swell! i want one!!!!

BLK03SVT
09-20-08, 08:44 PM
I am suprised that a shelby would be missing a basic radio upgrade. I thought all of their new cars had blue tooth...

Yea I agree. I'd be pretty pissed if I spent 50k plus on a shelby and had to go get some damn harness installed to use one of my radio's features.

ttocs
09-21-08, 06:04 AM
I thought about the price that you paid only after the fact. It is odd that for the price you paid you do not get the $10 hrns since that is all it costs them. if you do want to put one it, I can install one for you. I installed car audio and security for over 10 yrs and maybe we can get a group buy if there are enough people that want it.

My mother was in town about 4 months ago and would not shut up about how much she loves her prius. I found this funny as the mustang use to be her car but anyway she started to tell a story about a phone button just like yours. I told her that it was bluetooth and that her and dads phone had the stuff to do it and that they would love it. I told her how it worked and she sounded iffy about it and told me to explain it to dad. His only question when I described it was to know how much a month it would cost? Even after telling him it was free and he had everything he needed he didn't want to do it It took me 15 mins to convince him that he did want it, 30 mins to walk him through the pairing phase(a painfull 30 mins), and then for the next 2 weeks anytime they got in the prius they would call me to tell me that they were using the bluetooth.

Mr. Ted
09-21-08, 08:42 AM
I tried pairing it with two phones, both have been paired with bluetooth earpieces previously and since, one a palm treo and the other a motorola Q. Neither one could find a blutooth device to pair with, so I assumed (given what the dealer told me also) that it is not set up for bluetooth. I hope it is, because it makes life simpler, but the car doesn't have some other ammenities that you would expect from a loaded car, but that's also not the reason I bought the car...