PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here detail?

OH3MGSVT
10-05-08, 01:16 PM
My paint is in pretty rough shape to say the least and could definitley use a good detail (buff, wax, shampoo, etc.) Well I was wondering if anyone does that as a side job or is just plain kick ass at detailing cars. I Would definitley pay in the way of beer/pizza/wings/money etc. I want my car COMPLETELY DETAILED as in under carriage cleaned, rims cleans both outside and the inner part of the rim, complete wax, buffed, etc. every square inch of the car to be cleaned. If anyone out there is up for it I have no problem traveling or helping gather supplies or what not but I need to feel good about what Im driving, I hate driving a dirty car!

Mr. Austin
10-05-08, 01:34 PM
find a goos steam cleaner for under the car. if your going to have it cleaned do it right

About2Bite
10-05-08, 08:55 PM
My paint is in pretty rough shape to say thel east and could definitley use a good detail (buff, wax, shampoo, etc.) Well I was wondering if anyopne does that as a side job or is just plain kick ass at detailing cars. I Would definitley pay in the way of beer/pizza/wings/money etc. I want my car COMPLETELY DETAILED as in under carriage cleaned, rims cleans both outside and the inner part of the rim, complete wax, buffed, etc. every square ince of the car to be cleaned. If anyone out there is up for it I have no problem traveling or helping gather supplies or what not but I need to feel good about what Im driving, I hate driving a dirty car!

I have a porter cable polisher and all the product necessary to do a basic detail, the porter cable can't do too much cutting if your paint is in really bad shape. I use Menzerna Nano Polish and if necessary Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, I also have Klasse All In One polish/glaze and Wolfgang sealant. I use Pinnacle Souveran wax but it doesn't last too long, best stuff for a good look but not the best for longevity. The stuff I use is stupid expensive but you get what you pay for. I only use this on my Cobra and on the cars I detail on the side. Since I'm in school right now I don't really have a whole day I can set aside to detail a car, but here are some pics.

This is what the hood looked like before the polishing:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/blk97cav/P1010982.jpg

This is what it looked like after the Menzerna Super Intensive and Menzerna Nano Polish:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/blk97cav/P1010990.jpg

The pc can remove some minor flaws but nothing too crazy :pinkthumb:

AZSonicSnake
10-05-08, 10:04 PM
damn. i really need to get someone to buff mine out. the whole thing looks like your first pic. wanted to do something before the big show on the 24th.

About2Bite
10-05-08, 10:49 PM
damn. i really need to get someone to buff mine out. the whole thing looks like your first pic. wanted to do something before the big show on the 24th.

I could do that for you :pinkthumb:

Time permitting

Ruckus46gt
10-05-08, 10:53 PM
i have a porter cable also and a few waxes laying around
mezerna ip, klase aio, klase glaze, poor boys exp sealant, full zaino kit, mothers polish, adams full line of polishes, eagle one polish, mequires gold class, full range of pads, etc my closet is full of detail shit and would help out but hectic month of work...parents coming out to visit, higher headquarters inspection to get ready for so work schedule of 3 on 2 offs 12 hour night shifts, gotta get the spray in for a couple races coming up and somehow get time to do my car for a show between races

OH3MGSVT
10-06-08, 08:35 AM
damn that stuff looks good about2bite/ruckus. thats exactly what I need. My paint isnt horrible it just has the scratches like mentioned above and has a light haze from some stupid car wash i went through and left some chemical on there that caused that. Ruckus, I would love to get together when you have some free time. I am in no hurry as I need to buy a new spoiler and paint it before I want this done so It wount be for a little bit. I can let you know when I have everything ready and maybe we can meet up and get er done and maybe take some pics afterwards :)

93mustank
10-06-08, 09:07 AM
I have a power sprayer

Blackmagic1
10-06-08, 10:26 AM
This is what the hood looked like before the polishing:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/blk97cav/P1010982.jpg

This is what it looked like after the Menzerna Super Intensive and Menzerna Nano Polish:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/blk97cav/P1010990.jpg

The pc can remove some minor flaws but nothing too crazy :pinkthumb:[/quote]Geez first pic looks like its been cleaned with Tide and SOS pads !!

About2Bite
10-06-08, 11:48 AM
Geez first pic looks like its been cleaned with Tide and SOS pads !!

Yeah it cleaned the hood up pretty well, the pics won't show the little imperfections that are still there but under the right light i could see them. Its not anything you can see unless you look for it, the hood actually was pretty bad.

Mr. Ted
10-06-08, 12:38 PM
My Buddy and his wife have been running a mobile detail business and do outstanding work. They have buffed my truck out and made it look brand new. Give James or Francesca a call at (480) 570-3403. They will come to you and have worked on every kind of vehicle under the sun, including RV's, and show cars, Ferrari's, etc.

HIKER
10-06-08, 10:42 PM
Just make sure your buffer can run under 1500rpm or you can do some real damage.

Nothing looks worse the buffer streaks in your paint's reflection.

IMSHAKN
10-07-08, 12:10 AM
Just make sure your buffer can run under 1500rpm or you can do some real damage.

Nothing looks worse the buffer streaks in your paint's reflection.

With a rotary, yes. PC as they've all been talking, no.

Jacostang
10-08-08, 12:30 PM
My black 89 Gt's paint is almost 10 years old and needs a good polish to get all the swirls out. Terry Miller a club member and owns My Three Sons Mobil Detailing is fabuloso! He is going to do my car at the Monsoon showand we will see the before and after. Terry comes to your home and has a number of different prices..:yes:

602-421-2467

About2Bite
10-08-08, 12:58 PM
A PC won't damage the paint but at the same time it can't do as much correction with the paint either, usually enough though.

IMSHAKN
10-08-08, 03:28 PM
A PC won't damage the paint but at the same time it can't do as much correction with the paint either, usually enough though.

Si. Though man do I miss using the rotary buffer. So much faster and with the right technique you can get some great results. :yes: