PDA

View Full Version : keep modding? or save for a termi?

BOOMSHAKALAKA
10-07-08, 12:50 AM
so as probably all of you GT guys are going through the same problem I am on what to do next. do i keep modding my gt? or save for a termi cobra?

ASUSMC
10-07-08, 08:19 AM
BUY MINE!!! just kidding, but seriously :yes:

krazyazian
10-07-08, 09:59 AM
Without knowing what your plans are with the car and also your financial situation I'm going to go out on a limb and say save up for a Cobra! Here's why I say this, my buddy has an 04Gt that he dumps money into every chance he gets and the last major investment was a 2.2 Kenne Bell and I still beat him. Not trying to sound conceited but he's got alot of money in that thing and all I did was install a 2.76 pulley, idlers, catback, cai and SCT tuner. I know this is one sided but it's personal experience I can share with you to help make your decision. Good Luck!!

93mustank
10-07-08, 10:24 AM
Sell it by a fox

BurnTire
10-07-08, 10:36 AM
Sell it by a fox
:rollingfloorrlol:

IMSHAKN
10-07-08, 10:36 AM
Well it depends on your financial situation and how much you have to have a Cobra. Some have to have the cobra name plate, others don't. Remember that with the cobra you are going to pay higher insurance rates so you'd have to factor that in as you'd be driving a more expensive car and higher performance car.

First thing to consider is are we going to be drag racing the car? If so, I'd say that if you are mechanically inclined I'd personally say source a good Teksid Block, build it up as a forged 4V with quality parts, and then go Turbo, or throw on a procharger or a twin screw blower. Problem is that this can get a little expensive as you'd need to go to a built rear setup (if you are going to race it), going to need to get a stronger transmission (you WILL cook your current tranny), upgrade your fuel system, and then you should be set with a good tune.

The terminator switch may be cheaper in the short term as you've got a decent motor to start with unless you'd like to turn the heat up quite a bit, and even then a lot of them hold up well. I'd ditch the IRS if you want to really punish her at the track (Sure, there are people who have success with the IRS, but I'd be willing to be there are many more who have had issues). The swap wouldn't cost you much if anything assuming you did it yourself and a GT owner did a even swap with you, but then you would have to build it up.

Personally for me I've always loved both the Machs and the Terminators from the day they first hit the dealer lots and I always could be found driving the things when I worked at the dealer. For a drag car, I'll take my Mach any day as you just see so many cobras at the track, though it is certainly costing me a little more than the Termi would.

Those are my thoughts on that.

IMSHAKN
10-07-08, 10:37 AM
:rollingfloorrlol:

If he went through parts as fast as you he'd be wishing he didn't ever dream of owning a cobra. :laughing:

93mustank
10-07-08, 10:38 AM
Can run 9's with 22,000 $ in a fox ........ 11's in a cobra ?

IMSHAKN
10-07-08, 10:41 AM
Can run 9's with 22,000 $ in a fox ........ 11's in a cobra ?

I know some love the looks of a fox, but personally the only way I'd ever drive a fox is as a track only car. The looks of the New Edge > Fox body

93mustank
10-07-08, 10:52 AM
It to each there own....i like them all...but prefer a fox ..just me

IMSHAKN
10-07-08, 11:21 AM
It to each there own....i like them all...but prefer a fox ..just me

Only giving ya a hard time. I'd roll around in a fox if it were clean. With the right hood those things can look pretty mean.

BOOMSHAKALAKA
10-07-08, 01:34 PM
well i would definately have to wait til i get out of college. 2 more years..... :sad-smiley-047: one day i want to have both a fox and a termi. the fox is amazing with the raw power but the termi's look wayy too sexy..

Ruckus46gt
10-07-08, 02:16 PM
both can be made equally as fast. You are going to take a huge hit on the gt when selling it and going to dish out a lot of money. The smartest thing you can do is make your mind up now. Dont buy stupid shit for the car anymore cause you want to make it a little faster for now. Pullies for instance you'll gain a few hp now but if you go power adder they need to go. Realistically your going to shell out 10k extra on a cobra at least. For 10k i'd build a motor, throw on a blower or turbo and kill cobras, but thats just me I like surprising people better. Remember having a 2v you have the upper hand as far as drag racing goes you have a solid rear. Its a better starting ground and believe me you can fly in a 2v, just everyone gives up on them