PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Motor swap

96VERT
10-07-08, 08:12 PM
Im looking to change the motor out in my 96 GT and was looking for input on what i should do. Should i look for a PI motor or should i build a 5.0 stroker motor. And if i was to drop in a 5.0 how hard is the conversion and what all would i need to make sure that it worked like it was supposed to. Any info would be Helpful!!!! :icon_cool:

IMSHAKN
10-07-08, 08:38 PM
You could also go 4V:pepper:

Ruckus46gt
10-07-08, 08:39 PM
you planning on staying n/a or not? If you dont plan on going turbo or blown and are planning on staying n/a or nitrous then run your stock motor, swap out to some ported pi heads, and do a pi intake or even a p51 intake, and some cams. You will make more then a typical pi motor would with the same mods because of the bump in compression

96VERT
10-07-08, 09:02 PM
Iv thought about doing a 4v swap but i havent been able to find one for it

96VERT
10-07-08, 09:02 PM
i would like to run a supercharger some day but for the immediate future it would be na

AZSaleen04
10-07-08, 09:56 PM
I just did a 4V conversion from a 2V and you will need a lot of parts to complete is such as a full body harness, engine harness, computer, Heat exchanger and more. The 4V are expensive to buy as well however the power is completly different.

You could rebuild your motor or if interested I do have the full motor, trans, harness and computer with tune for sale on here as well.

Ruckus46gt
10-07-08, 10:13 PM
could build a fast car and do something like this
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286585&highlight=mustang+96-98
or go all out like this
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637163

96VERT
10-07-08, 10:37 PM
where would you suggest that i look for a rebuild kit cuz i want to motor to make more power than the current one

Ruckus46gt
10-07-08, 10:49 PM
where would you suggest that i look for a rebuild kit cuz i want to motor to make more power than the current one
go right through fox lake and order heads, cams, and intake from them. If you want to swap out rods pistons and that just go through mmr but at that point might as well just buy a new motor from them

96VERT
10-08-08, 03:28 PM
what type of intake manifold and heads would work best if i want to supercharge it in the future but cant do it right now

IMSHAKN
10-08-08, 03:32 PM
what type of intake manifold and heads would work best if i want to supercharge it in the future but cant do it right now

That's something you worry about when you supercharge as each supercharger will dictate what manifold you use unless we are talking about a centrifugal. Any roots or twin screw will obviously require you to use whatever fits for the lower.

Ruckus46gt
10-08-08, 04:28 PM
If you going with a novi, procharger, or vortech then go with a p51 intake you will see great gains n/a and blown. If you plan on going with a kb then no point in buying an intake

ronster
10-08-08, 10:11 PM
Sorry, we all forgot to ask. What is your budget?

96VERT
10-08-08, 10:28 PM
im still working that out but probably a few thou to begin with then more as it goes along