PDA

View Full Version : clutch help

evil281
10-17-08, 05:30 PM
so my clutch seems like i have to press the pedal down a mile and a half, it will engage about half way but it doesn't make for fast shifting, my buddy boomshakalaka has a t-3650 and his is a shorter push on the pedal and it engages with its pressed down completely, i have the t-45 in mine, is this just how it is or could my cable be stretched? also is the adjustable firewall and all those fun pieces any good?
thanks
-Don

BurnTire
10-17-08, 10:12 PM
Engage is when the clutch grabs so refer to it as a point when letting the pedal out.

My clutch starts to engage about 2 inches off the floor when letting the pedal out.

Have you pulled up on the pedal to reset the auto adjuster?

Yes the firewall adjuster / quick release quadrant / and LDC freeplay spring kit are essential to correct clutch setup.

Also a correctly setup clutch will have about 1/8" to 1/4" freeplay between the throwout bearing and the pressure plate fingers.

wickedcobra
10-17-08, 10:56 PM
Are you running a stock clutch?

And yes a fire wall adjuster/quadrant help with adjustability.

IMSHAKN
10-17-08, 11:32 PM
As jeff said, try pulling up on the adjuster. However the factory piece is known to stop adjusting the clutch properly so maybe it's time for an aftermarket one.

evil281
10-18-08, 12:27 AM
ive already done the pulling up on the clutch pedal thing, i have a centerforce duel friction clutch

wickedcobra
10-18-08, 01:24 AM
then i would add the quadrant, fire wall adjuster and the free play kit

IMSHAKN
10-18-08, 01:50 AM
ive already done the pulling up on the clutch pedal thing, i have a centerforce duel friction clutch

Generally most aftermarket clutches require you to have an firewall adjuster...maybe be time to look into one. I don't think the CF df clutch is any exception to that, but I could be wrong as I have never installed a CF clutch.

no_slow_svt
05-29-09, 07:18 AM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-256/602425-t45-pro-5-0-adj-clutch-cable-firewall-adjer-quadrant.html