PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the fox again...

88BlownGT
10-25-08, 11:22 AM
Hello guys and gals. I was enjoying what was left of my summer by cruising and goin to car shows with the 5.0 and then disaster struck. It was parked at my college, and I came out to find that the entire radiator flushed into the parking lot. After towing it home :icon_confused: (80 dollars later...) the culprit was the passenger side cylinder head freeze plug. So after much ripping apart, degreasing/cleaning we put her back together after replacing the plug.

Point of the story is, she's running like crap. I can hear it missing at idle through all gears, either something is rattling or screeching at WOT and when it starts, it just sputters and dies on the spot. After a few more times of starting it, and giving it some gas, the idle evens out and seems fine but still is boggy and misses are apparent. So if you guys could help me put a checklist together of what could be the culprit and your own .2$, I'd really appreciate it. :hi:

BurnTire
10-25-08, 10:31 PM
What did you remove to fix the problem? Re check your work.

88BlownGT
10-26-08, 10:21 PM
False alarm, the adjustable fuel pressure regulator wasn't reading and the pressure was extremely low. Fixed the gauge and adjusted to 40 psi. Everything is OK.