PDA

View Full Version : Firebird 10-24

BurnTire
10-25-08, 12:31 PM
It was a wonderful night at Firebird. I got there at 5:30. It took me an hour to find the race gas trailer after talking to several track officials. The fuel I bought caused detonation. I got my first run at 9:41 and my second at 11:23. Very classy of the track to have a bunch of funny cars racing on Friday night drags, but I guess the almighty dollar rules in these situations. Reminds me of my visit earlier this year when they were filming pinks and we all had to wait hours to get our first run. Good Job Firebird you pissed off a bunch of drivers again.:thumbsdown:

IMSHAKN
10-25-08, 03:28 PM
My thoughts exactly. Three runs in one night BLOWS, I only got that third run in because I got into the lanes before the funny cars started pulling into the lanes.

BurnTire
10-25-08, 10:11 PM
Friday night drags is about getting the street cars a safe legal place to run.

mntony
10-27-08, 01:11 AM
Yeah, Firebird has been like that forever. Sadly there are only two games in town though! I will admit that we have more options here than some other places.

AZSonicSnake
10-27-08, 01:18 AM
i was rather disappointed with firebird. granted the track prep was awesome, but the cattle call of cars is just stupid. why pack so many street cars in to watch the big dawgs test and tune all night? this has happened more than one time. they try to put too many things on the calendar.

Midnight03
10-27-08, 09:19 AM
Hate we did not make it out, but with the traffic and construction and not being able to leave until 6 or 7pm from Anthem, we would have missed most of it friday night. Looks like you all had a great turn out.

sinspawn7
10-27-08, 05:23 PM
firebirds gotta stop doing that :thumbsdown: they did it the last time i went too.

AZSonicSnake
10-27-08, 06:23 PM
yeah, gotta say, with both tracks being right at 30 miles from me makes the choice easy to avoid firebird. its a shame, because it is a great facality, and the track has honestly been very good the past two times i have been there, but the way they have ran the lanes has just been beyond retarded....

paysonpony
11-01-08, 03:29 PM
Rim Country Mustang Club wants to than Copperstate and Dave for the invitation to your event. You guys are a wonderful bunch of people, and you guys have some very awesome Mustangs! We did have fun racing our Mustangs. And because we have nothing in our area to do this kind of fun, being able to run our cars legally was great.
BUT, We agree with you all on the bad organization from the Firebird people. After driving over an hour to come run our Mustangs is not a problem at all, but getting there and then having to wait more than an hour to run our cars down the track was very disappointing. But some of us got lucky and were able to run our cars 2 times before we headed back to Payson.
But being in good company with all the Copperstate people and seeing all your nice cars did help lighten our spirits with only getting 2 runs.
You guys did a wonderful job. And we want to Thank you all very much.

We hope to see you all soon. Maybe during a combined show in Payson next year.........................

Keith Orr
RCMC

AZSonicSnake
11-02-08, 10:26 AM
thank you for coming down! it was great seein all the awesome stangs out there! sorry about firebird, thats the joy of that track lately. packing too much into one night and making us racers suffer.

look forward to seein you guys down again!!

Jacostang
11-02-08, 11:15 AM
Rim Country Mustang Club wants to than Copperstate and Dave for the invitation to your event. You guys are a wonderful bunch of people, and you guys have some very awesome Mustangs! We did have fun racing our Mustangs. And because we have nothing in our area to do this kind of fun, being able to run our cars legally was great.
BUT, We agree with you all on the bad organization from the Firebird people. After driving over an hour to come run our Mustangs is not a problem at all, but getting there and then having to wait more than an hour to run our cars down the track was very disappointing. But some of us got lucky and were able to run our cars 2 times before we headed back to Payson.
But being in good company with all the Copperstate people and seeing all your nice cars did help lighten our spirits with only getting 2 runs.
You guys did a wonderful job. And we want to Thank you all very much.

We hope to see you all soon. Maybe during a combined show in Payson next year.........................

Keith Orr
RCMC

Like Tony said, great seeing you and you bet we will help you plan the Payson RCMC Show...May or June!! Road trip to the pines!!:yes: