PDA

View Full Version : PVHR Round 5 12/7/08

Craig
10-26-08, 12:22 PM
Time for round 5 with Palo Verde Hot Rods. A day race, for better pictures and a December race for better ET's :sticktonge: I'm sure the Mustang contingent will be well represented as normal! Any make cars are welcome. Time runs and then our own bracket race for $20 a car. All money to the racers! More info at http://www.justanothertoy.com/pvhr4.htm

http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/PVHR/P3099562.JPG

IMSHAKN
10-26-08, 05:47 PM
Lol. I was just asking Rambo about that on Friday, NICE. Count me in. :laughing1:

I think more of you all should come out, PVH has been fun the last two rounds I've done.

AZSonicSnake
10-26-08, 05:51 PM
very cool!!! gonna be a busy weekend! the arizonas fastest street cars runs on the 6th. good times at the track!

BLK03SVT
10-26-08, 06:28 PM
Oh man, I've got 2 company xmas parties that weekend....damn!

03cobrazzz
11-10-08, 04:32 PM
ill be out there:woot2:

Craig
11-30-08, 03:50 PM
TTT, Weather and traction was great out at Speedworld yesterday. Hope to see some of you there next Sunday, see who takes the money home :yes::3gears:

Wharf Rat
12-01-08, 08:44 PM
I'm in! What time does the track open???

IMSHAKN
12-01-08, 10:38 PM
9am I believe.

Craig
12-08-08, 09:17 PM
Well, we've had bigger turn outs, but we still had fun at Speedworld Sunday. We had some late model Mustangs, a '97 Corvette, an Eclipse, a ten second Olds Starfire and 10 second Vega plus a 14 second Trailblazer SS, and an old Buick! Here's a link to some pictures http://www.justanothertoy.com/pvhr8.htm

http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/PVHR/a18.jpg

4Jenna
12-08-08, 10:11 PM
Good seeing you guys out there!

-Chris

AZSonicSnake
12-09-08, 07:43 AM
sorry i did not make it out. i got up at 7am with the plan to change out my tires and roll out there. but when i see overcast, not chancing driving out on my slicks. i know i missed a good time! i did see hank and his 427r on my way home from the toy run i ended up at.

IMSHAKN
12-09-08, 08:51 AM
sorry i did not make it out. i got up at 7am with the plan to change out my tires and roll out there. but when i see overcast, not chancing driving out on my slicks. i know i missed a good time! i did see hank and his 427r on my way home from the toy run i ended up at.

I had the same thought as the DRs were totally bald in the rear and I wasn't really big on the idea of driving from Gilbert to the track with no tread. Then I pulled the weather forcast and there wasn't even a 1% chance of rain so I said screw it, I'm going no matter what. Lol. :pepper:

Jacostang
12-09-08, 09:05 AM
Nice, thanks for the pics!

Wharf Rat
12-09-08, 10:31 PM
Had a good time at the track and was nice to meet some of you guys.

I went redder than this dancing pepper :pepper: in the bracket race (-0.150 YIKES) but, oh well. My 60 fts from my bald ass BFG DRs kinda sucked, too (new Mickey T's on the way). The good news is that my new PSR tune rocks though. I had never trapped over 115 on this set up and Sunday I hit a 116 and a 117 so props to Devin and PSR.

I like Speedworld, too. Seems like a good old school, well run dragstrip. That's the best kind in my book.

Craig
12-10-08, 08:36 AM
Well at least it was a double red light in the first round, so we both looked bad :sticktonge: Man, I had been cutting bad lights all day, .3's and .4's. So I leave a little earlier when we ran and just miss it with a -.02, and then did it again in the next round against the Vega! That's a good looling car you have there, glad you made it out. We're going to do the test and tune lane on the 10th of January when the ADRA is out there. The track prep should be better that day.

Wharf Rat
12-10-08, 09:33 AM
Craig you should bring your Roush out on Jan 11th. This website and Copperstate Mustangs will be out there.

Craig
12-10-08, 11:35 AM
I did tell Andy I'd try and get out there the 11th, I just want to do some tuning on the car on the 10th. My wife isn't real thrilled about me racing her dialy driver, she says that's why I have the GS :hissyfit: