PDA

View Full Version : Brake problem on the GT...

OH3MGSVT
10-28-08, 03:36 PM
For some reason even though I bought a new caliper and banjo bolt for the brake line, I cant get the brakes to bleed. This is for the front drivers side caliper BTW. I fill it up with brake fluid and when I try to bleed them I get a small stream of fluid but the brakes are still spongy and they are building up any pressure. What is causing this?????

El Jefe
10-28-08, 04:36 PM
Just doing the Left front? Have you done RR/LR/RF/LF then brake cylinder? Not sure if you have to since you only pulled the drivers side front but did my brakes once and it worked fine

OH3MGSVT
10-28-08, 04:56 PM
Just doing the Left front? Have you done RR/LR/RF/LF then brake cylinder? Not sure if you have to since you only pulled the drivers side front but did my brakes once and it worked fine

No I haven't done the RR/LR/RF/LF/brake cylinder. I bought one of those one man brake bleeder things and it said something about doing that. But ive been only doing the left front one, maybe i built up air on all the other ones?? I can give it a try after work today and see if it works.

El Jefe
10-28-08, 04:57 PM
Since you didnt take them all apart, not sure that you do. See if anyone else chimes in but thats my guess

OH3MGSVT
10-29-08, 02:08 PM
Well I did that order of bleeding the brakes and got a little bit of air from each one but the main thing was the Master cylinder, when I bled that the brakes got instantly stiff and I guess the was the cause of the problem! so now my brakes work great now and no leaks whatsoever :woot1::woot2:

IMSHAKN
10-29-08, 02:16 PM
Lol. Had I have seen this post I would have told you to do the master. Always have to follow proper bleeding procedure when opening the brake lines. :sticktonge:

Steve2000GT
10-29-08, 04:06 PM
x2, got on too late haha, always have to bleed the master, checkers make a tool with 3clear tubes that attach to the ports on the master, and one to bleed it back into the top.

Mr. Austin
10-29-08, 04:33 PM
while were on brakes i have a question as well. i clean off my brakes the other say since air doesnt usually hit them due to a full dish rims. so i clan the tires and the brakes with water and then go back with air and blow it all out. the are working great except for the from two wich are hydrolic not drum. i have had an isssue with them for a while where when i hit ht ebrakes and hold it at a certain piont they scream. and it sound like a train with issues ecause it is so loud. this was before i tried to clean them.. now after i cleaned it still screams and the left one seems to be pulling or stuck and wont let go of the caliper all the way. when i am softly on the brake at about 15 - 20 i can feel a part where it snags then releases and snags. when it realeases it is back were it should be.

QuarterHorse
10-29-08, 08:19 PM
Sounds like your in need of a brake job. Calipers have a tendancy to hang up and stick when they are hit with years of road dust and grime. Do you have any idea as to how many miles are on the brakes?

Mr. Austin
10-31-08, 12:48 AM
haha no the pads are pretty fresh like maybe 2k miles... rotors need to probably really need to be turned