PDA

View Full Version : I miss my stang....

ttocs
10-28-08, 04:11 PM
I missed the hell out of my stang this weekend walking through the show checkin out everyone elses. I am hoping to be able to save up some $$$ to get her fixed around christmas time but I have no idea where to take her.

It started out months ago now when my alternator died. I had part of the top of the motor out to take it out and wanted to put my cobra intake on while I was that far into it. I am an electronics guy, not a motor guy but I had the manual and this didn't seem like too bad of a project to extend my skills a little. While pulling the lower intake off, the #5 bolt(all the way up front by the dist) broke off as it looks like it was corroded from the bottom from exposure to anti-freeze. I had someone on here, I think his name was john and his signon was sprints help out with drilling the old one out as he had experience. We were needed one drill bit that we didn't have so we called it off so I could get the bit and then try the back-out-bit. The next day I was playing with it and thought that the smaller back-out-bit fit tightly and that it could take it out. I thought I felt the bolt start to move and put that last 1/4" of pressure and snapped the bit....

At this point I am tired of walkin past my car in the garage and I need to find out what it would cost to repair it. Should I take it to a regular shop? A motor shop? Anyone have any recomendations?

I miss my stang..........

Jacostang
10-28-08, 06:18 PM
I'm going to talk to my buddy Jeff and see about comming over to get that bolt out for you... I thought it was done but let me check...

BLK03SVT
10-28-08, 08:32 PM
Take it to PSR. They'll take care of it for you.

ttocs
10-28-08, 09:40 PM
psr?

AZSonicSnake
10-28-08, 09:53 PM
performance solution racing...

ttocs
10-30-08, 12:01 PM
at this point I am willing to pay someone to take it out or fix it, it would be great if I could save the towing expense.

1966PonyGirl
10-30-08, 10:24 PM
At this point I am tired of walkin past my car in the garage and I need to find out what it would cost to repair it. Should I take it to a regular shop? A motor shop? Anyone have any recomendations?

I miss my stang..........

good lord man! i am going thru withdrawals after my stang has been down for two weeks! how have you been able to last months?

ttocs
10-30-08, 11:07 PM
I have been keeping busy with the possibility of unemployment and sorta-job hunting...

1966PonyGirl
10-30-08, 11:11 PM
ah. yeah. that can keep you pre-occupied! i have a feeling ill be in that position come june. i have faith that you ll get this fixed.