PDA

View Full Version : Fox body electrical probs

QuarterHorse
11-06-08, 08:11 PM
Has anyone ran across this problem and got it solved??? My 88 GT has an electrical problem. I never get a consistent run on the engine due to some unknown electrical problem. One moment it runs fine and the next runs like crap. I have a checked the obvious but I believe the prob is in either the wiring or ecm...anyone have idea as to what this is???????????

5.0Stanger
11-06-08, 08:16 PM
Has anyone ran across this problem and got it solved??? My 88 GT has an electrical problem. I never get a consistent run on the engine due to some unknown electrical problem. One moment it runs fine and the next runs like crap. I have a checked the obvious but I believe the prob is in either the wiring or ecm...anyone have idea as to what this is???????????

What have you done to figure this out, on your own?

QuarterHorse
11-06-08, 08:25 PM
I've checked all connections. I used a scanner on it but it wasn't a real high end type. I have a new one at work i'm going to bring home and check it again. I don't have the od tranny in it anymore. The car came with a built C-4 so codes come up pertaining to that. I've had several different sets of injectors in it while tuning and changing cams. PSR installed a chip in the ecm but it had this prob before then. The way my luck goes, I always wind up with the problem child...lol

5.0Stanger
11-06-08, 08:39 PM
I've checked all connections. I used a scanner on it but it wasn't a real high end type. I have a new one at work i'm going to bring home and check it again. I don't have the od tranny in it anymore. The car came with a built C-4 so codes come up pertaining to that. I've had several different sets of injectors in it while tuning and changing cams. PSR installed a chip in the ecm but it had this prob before then. The way my luck goes, I always wind up with the problem child...lol

I guess the tune (chip) didn't fix your problem. So, why would you have it tuned? Either way, have you changed any of the sensors? Are you still using the stock distributor? I had a new MSD billet distributor that worked alright, unless the motor saw above 3,000 rpm. I had to turn the key off and restart the engine for the thing to stop running rough. MSD rebuilt the distributor (free of charge). They didn't know what the problem was, as I had tried two TFI modules and nothing. So, I think it was the PIP inside the distributor. If you can test it, I would.

QuarterHorse
12-01-08, 08:08 PM
well i figured it out....a new ecm took care of all my problems....