PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Stiffening, Rear Braces?

BD5034
11-11-08, 08:14 AM
Installing a strut tower brace stiffened up the front of the chassis nicely, but what can I do about the rear? Is there a brace for the rear of the car that will yield a similar effect as the strut tower brace did in the front? I am tired of feeling the car flex every time I drive down a bumpy road. I plan on installing a 4 point rollbar in the upcoming spring, and I bet that will help, but what else is available?

ASUSMC
11-11-08, 10:01 AM
Welded full length sub-frame connecters help, and yes there is a rear strut tower brace available. Just not sure where.

Lubracano
11-11-08, 04:54 PM
Steeda carries a rear strut tower brace

BLK03SVT
11-11-08, 06:19 PM
I have a kenny brown unit that works nicely.

BD5034
11-12-08, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys. FYI my car is a convertible, so that means two things:
1: it has alot less rigidity than the hardtop
2: it came stock with subframe connectors.

That leads me to another question - is it worth it to remove the stock subframe connectors and get the weld-in type?
And what does "welded in torque box" mean.

AZSaleen04
11-12-08, 03:05 PM
I have my convertible and I just bought the Maximum Motorsports connectors and will have them welded in. I can let you know if it made a differenct but it will be a few weeks.

ASUSMC
11-12-08, 03:17 PM
That leads me to another question - is it worth it to remove the stock subframe connectors and get the weld-in type?

YES totally worth it.

BLK03SVT
11-14-08, 06:19 PM
I have a vert and can tell you that mmflsfc's are one of the best mods you can do imo.