PDA

View Full Version : New Arizona Law Re License Plate Frames

vin man
11-19-08, 08:15 PM

princessturtle
11-19-08, 09:14 PM
saying that the cops actually enforce it. it could be another useless law.

HIKER
11-19-08, 10:26 PM
In Texas you can't have any frames period... It's more for toll booths that take pics of the car and bill the drivers monthly

Here I think it's because of all the new photo radar cameras going up.

67 'Stang Lover
11-19-08, 11:27 PM
Another stupid law to get money from us. It is just a Fix-It ticket and won't go against your record and you won't get any points from it either. I am keeping my Frame on all 3 of my car's. If I get a ticket they won't get any money from me that is for sure.

BLK03SVT
11-20-08, 08:45 AM
Yup, it's like window tint- I've never been given a ticket for dark tint and I've been pulled over MANY times.

1966PonyGirl
11-20-08, 12:24 PM
DANG IT! i just went out and checked, my awesome My Little Pony license plate frame is covering the state name completely! grrrrrrr! its so cute! guess ill move it to the front of the car.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i122/annearrow/misc/mlpframe.jpg

Ruckus46gt
11-20-08, 12:57 PM
Ny its the same way can have one just cant cover the ny part of the plate

ASUSMC
11-20-08, 01:29 PM
DANG IT! i just went out and checked, my awesome My Little Pony license plate frame is covering the state name completely! grrrrrrr! its so cute! guess ill move it to the front of the car.

The only reason this is acceptable is because you are a cute chick. Otherwise I would pound the pavement with my head when I saw it. I would just leave it on there until they tell you to remove it.

El Jefe
11-20-08, 03:04 PM
I got a $180 ticket for a smoked plate cover. You could easily read it but Mr bike cop couldnt

1966PonyGirl
11-20-08, 05:01 PM
The only reason this is acceptable is because you are a cute chick. Otherwise I would pound the pavement with my head when I saw it. I would just leave it on there until they tell you to remove it.

yeah.... i would question a guy driving a muscle car with girly 80's paraphernalia.... and a girly personal license plate. ha!

i have been told that cops are a bit nicer to the classic group (so long as you are not peeling out in front of them!)

Zinker
11-20-08, 08:07 PM
I got this from a friend. I checked out the link and verified it is on the AZ MVD Webpage. I have not found a way to confirm the fine amount.

This was news to me.
i got a ticket for this, but it was the one that stopped the pictures... i fought it in court, the junior cop totally lied his ass off. I was guily without paying any fine or any points. so i basically owned the cop :P

Classic67
11-20-08, 10:41 PM
Another stupid law to get money from us. It is just a Fix-It ticket and won't go against your record and you won't get any points from it either. I am keeping my Frame on all 3 of my car's. If I get a ticket they won't get any money from me that is for sure.

+1....couldn't have said it better! Thanks for posting Vin, this had been brought up at the last club meeting. Thanks for bringing it up. It is good info.

67 'Stang Lover
11-21-08, 03:15 AM
Yeah, same here. Another bogus ticket for them to get money of us. I got a ticket for 3% Limo Tint 3 years ago. Still waiting for them to arrest me. LOL.

Yup, it's like window tint- I've never been given a ticket for dark tint and I've been pulled over MANY times.

santa_rosa_lt1
11-22-08, 09:37 AM

OMG I just bought the exact one on ebay for my lightning :cool:

ASUSMC
11-24-08, 07:32 AM

You would...:wowspring:

1966PonyGirl
11-26-08, 10:22 PM

ha ha! explains a lot!

santa_rosa_lt1
11-27-08, 01:05 AM
You would...:wowspring:
I did :woot1:

ha ha! explains a lot!

is that good or bad?

Blackmagic1
11-27-08, 08:58 AM
After reading this thread, I've been looking at frames on cars on the freeway going to work. I noticed a majority of new car and dealer frames ALL cover the Arizona name.

Jacostang
11-27-08, 09:12 AM
This is supposed to help Police identify the plate better, I can't read it anyway from 50 feet without squinting I know it is primary for photo radar!

About2Bite
11-27-08, 12:47 PM
No plate frame > Frame

Looks cleaner too... Just my .02